• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Wolves (A) - Sat 16th 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic win. Slow 1st half but an amazing comeback. Lovely 3 points and World class in game management by Klopp.

Gonna be a lovely weekend now!

Lunch time kick off , get 3pts that take us top of the league.

That'll do.

Taking Mac off was the right call. Clearly wasn't fit enough to play today.

Diaz changed the Game, and the Nunez solidified the change. We look so much better with an actual 9 and trying to play to that strength

Shocking first half performance.

Any half decent side would have been 3-0 up at HT. That's a big worry. We can't let the result gloss over a terrible first half performance.

The only thing Kloppo can possibly say is we've just come off an international break.

But still, I think the answer is more like the formation/personnel didn't work.

He only made 1 sub and changed the formation at HT, and it was night and day. I don't think a 4-3-3 works at all with Macca at DM, unless we're at home and playing a team not intent on pressing us.

Let’s just pretend the first half didn’t happen - Mac A was terrible.

Good 2nd half, 3 points, top of the league - happy days.

It kind of felt like we decided at half time we just needed to overpower them with our attacking might and not try to control the game.

Fair play to Klopp. People have long questioned his in game management when plan A wasn't working. That's 2 on the bounce where he's gave us a platform to win from losing positions.

Top of the league with a brand new midfield and fucking Quansah, Matip and Gomez as a starting backline. We have to be delighted with how things are going.

Fair play to Klopp. People have long questioned his in game management when plan A wasn't working. That's 2 on the bounce where he's gave us a platform to win from losing positions.

Top of the league with a brand new midfield and fucking Quansah, Matip and Gomez as a starting backline. We have to be delighted with how things are going.
Everything that was said at the start of the 2nd half about Gakpo and he was the one who popped up with the equalising goal says everything about why Klopp is our manager.

It kind of felt like we decided at half time we just needed to overpower them with our attacking might and not try to control the game.

Except…control the game is exactly what we did with a double pivot and dominating the midfield space after the break.

It was a great adjustment by Klopp. We played shit in the 1st half, but Wolves also played really well. Our formation change nullified everything they were doing well.

Everything that was said at the start of the 2nd half about Gakpo and he was the one who popped up with the equalising goal says everything about why Klopp is our manager.
Absolutely.

I'm a UEFA B license coach and I complain like a fan. I wanted Macca off, but couldn't imagine switching formation to a 4-4-2 with Jones and Szobo holding and playing like 6s/8s.

But Jurgen knows our players better than any sucker or would-be coach on a forum.

Gakpo wasn't the main problem from the first half. Neither was Gomez really. The issue was the formation, instructions to Gomez to invert and Macca in DM. When we went to a conventional 4-4-2, we became so much better. Excellent in-game management and decision-making swung the game back in our favour today.

Props to Quansah, stable performance. Did all we could ask from a young kid starting in the Prem for the first time.

I think he was better than just stable. First half, he was leading. He was speaking up, asking for the ball, stepping into space, made the right passes, including some progressive ones. Second half, others stepped up to lead, which was great. I do think he will be our VVD replacement and £100M less than Colwill.

I think he was better than just stable. First half, he was leading. He was speaking up, asking for the ball, stepping into space, made the right passes, including some progressive ones. Second half, others stepped up to lead, which was great. I do think he will be our VVD replacement and £100M less than Colwill.
Yeah, he's been impressive. He could be our number 4 CB next season. But we need another RB so Gomez doesn't have to play there.

He'll be Matip's replacement first.

I love Diogo. I prefer him over Diaz to start, but they are very different. I think he is a better passer and more clinical. If Diaz learns to take fewer touches, that might change.

But, lucky to have both of them.

Largely agree but I don't actually see them as competing for the same place. Jota for me has to play predominantly down the middle - when he plays from a starting position out wide he's fair to middling at best. Diaz, or even Nunez, will generally be a better fit for the left-hand side of the front three IMO.

Hmmm, I worry that spurs will be 3 up before we find our groove and likewise city. I suppose being better than all but 2 of the league will be a nice change of pace ..

Overall ,3 Pts and atleast for 30 mins..

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
Zero chance we start like that against those teams imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom