• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Wolves (A) - Sat 16th 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seriously need to forget the false 9 now. It overlaps too much with the midfield, and gakpo doesn't have the game intelligence to make the runs bobby used to; add in only Diaz has the extreme pace from the wing that makes that system work. We need to just focus on playing with 9s. Nunez to start, Jota backup. Salah as a creative force rather than goalscorer

bad-joke.gif

Harvey's having a few decent cameo's. He's doing well when he's not expected to be the only creative force in midfield
We're also seeing the benefit of Klopp managing his minutes properly and not playing every minute of of every game which he wasn't ready to do last season.

Delighted for Quansah. I do not pay huge interest to the youth teams, but it feels like he's managed to evade crazy hype and expectations before joining the first team. He first popped up on my radar during pre-season when was took back by the size of the lad. He had the physique of a top class CB so I started the YT highlights and seeing what he was about and his performances for the England youth teams looked extremely composed and assured.

He just seems to take everything in his stride and seems extremely unphased by his rise to the first team and the added pressure and media duties that it brings. His performances to date provide some confidence that the CB issue may not be as risky as we feared providing can stay fit.

I'm not getting carried away with Quansah. Koumetio was meant to be the be all end all the other year.

When he's put in a dozen or so solid games, then I'll get excited.

Played well today

Of course we shouldn't get carried away but Koumetio was never rated as being the be all......he hasn't done it on loan or at international level whereas Quansah has progressed through the years at international level and featured regularly back end of last season at league 1 and received plaudits from Barton.

Quansah's once again gone 1 step further than Koumetio ever did by starting a league game in the Prem.

Quansah actually reminds me alot of Gomez when he first broke into the team, smart, confident, mobile and mature beyond his years. He's only starting out so there's bound to be a few bumps in the road for him but he looks a very very polished defender for 20.

Delighted for Quansah. I do not pay huge interest to the youth teams, but it feels like he's managed to evade crazy hype and expectations before joining the first team. He first popped up on my radar during pre-season when was took back by the size of the lad. He had the physique of a top class CB so I started the YT highlights and seeing what he was about and his performances for the England youth teams looked extremely composed and assured.

He just seems to take everything in his stride and seems extremely unphased by his rise to the first team and the added pressure and media duties that it brings. His performances to date provide some confidence that the CB issue may not be as risky as we feared providing can stay fit.
Yeah thats the main difference between Rhys and Q, he's stronger. I also see some attitude in him, like he's not afraid. Robbo talked about the lads protecting him during the game. He didn't need protecting, held his own imo

Last edited:

Yeah, he's strikingly calm and composed given the situations he's been thrust into. I've also been impressed by his distribution. He pinged some lovely long balls around yesterday. And not the lofted, hopeful ones either. But raking diagonals akin to Virgil's. Very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom