• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season starts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised that Fabinho would drop out so early in a fitness test, I always thought he had a big engine. Nice to see Lallana pushing himself - needs to show that extra level of desire to get a look in.

Surprised that Fabinho would drop out so early in a fitness test, I always thought he had a big engine. Nice to see Lallana pushing himself - needs to show that extra level of desire to get a look in.
Seriously? I made the point repeatedly last season that he looked fucked towards the end of games.

Can't remember what CL game it was, but there was one in particular where he was properly blowing from about 70 minutes.

He's not anywhere near the fitness level of the others yet imo, I assume this pre season may help get him up to speed, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see him start the season a bit later & look 'unfit' for a while whilst Klopp does that intense training thing to him that seems to turn players legs into lead for a few weeks in order to build stamina.

Seriously? I made the point repeatedly last season that he looked fucked towards the end of games.

Can't remember what CL game it was, but there was one in particular where he was properly blowing from about 70 minutes.

He's not anywhere near the fitness level of the others yet imo, I assume this pre season may help get him up to speed, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see him start the season a bit later & look 'unfit' for a while whilst Klopp does that intense training thing to him that seems to turn players legs into lead for a few weeks in order to build stamina.
Yep he does have fitness issues. Barely has any upper body strength from the look of it as well. But yeah, they'll adress it in training.

Can anyone explain to me why Clyne hasn't been sold yet?
Does he want to stay? Is he OK with being back up to Trent? If so I'm happy. He's an excellent backup for both FB positions.
His contract is up next summer though...

Can anyone explain to me why Clyne hasn't been sold yet?
Does he want to stay? Is he OK with being back up to Trent? If so I'm happy. He's an excellent backup for both FB positions.
His contract is up next summer though...

He's replacing Moreno in the squad as the fullback Klopp doesn't really want, won't play but can't get rid of

Probably right. Best not to bring in two backup fullbacks in one summer, that's how we end up with someone shit

Probably right. Best not to bring in two backup fullbacks in one summer, that's how we end up with someone shit

[article]Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Xherdan Shaqiri is facing a spell on the sidelines due to a calf injury.

The forward returned to Melwood on Monday morning following the summer break and was further assessed by the club’s medical team having sustained the issue during Switzerland’s Nations League encounter with England on June 9.

“Shaq is still injured from the national team and it will take a while until he is in again,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com.

“He has a tear in his calf, so he will not be involved for a while.”
[/article]

The U23 has been training with the first team in the pics I've seen on official website. Think I saw Gerrard's cousin in there somewhere also

[article]Speaking to RT on his show ‘On the Touchline with Jose Mourinho’, the two-time Champions League winner discussed the importance of what many might take as a minor role.

“There is one detail that some media got it. The ball boy,” he said.

“I had a club where they never understood how important the ball boys are.

“You want a quick throw-in, the ball boy needs to know that you want a quick throw-in. The ball needs to arrive fast.

“The goalkicks, the tempo of the game, the ball boys can also play a part in a good structure,” he added.

Mourinho also recalled his own ball boy days in his Portuguese homeland, and revealed he had applied his trademark studiousness to the role.

“I was a ball boy, a top ball boy… when I was a ball boy, I even knew where the players wanted the ball for a corner, so they didn’t need to touch the ball…

“A real football club, every detail is very, very important.

“In this game, the kid, very intelligent, very bright.

“I don’t know if he is an academy player or not, but the kid knew what he was going to do.

“Then [Trent] Alexander-Arnold, he read the situation fantastically well. Young kid, Champions League semi-final, tired, 80 minutes of football. He saw everything.

“And then of course, Origi, he could have put the ball over the bar, it’s not easy, but he put it there [in the goal].”[/article]

Liverpool first-half XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Phillips, Gomez, Larouci, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Kent, Wilson, Brewster.
Liverpool second-half XI: Jaros, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom