• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season starts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Liverpool Squad Back for Pre-Season on Saturday

Defenders: Joel Matip, Joe Gomez, Sepp van den Berg, Ki-Jana Hoever, Nathaniel Phillips, Nathaniel Clyne, Anderson Arroyo

Midfielders: Fabinho, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana, Ben Woodburn, Curtis Jones

Forwards: Rhian Brewster, Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson

Btw that Arroyo fella is a left back...

Last edited:
Gomez and Matip going head to head for the chance to look 50% better than they are all season...

Liverpool Squad Back for Pre-Season on Saturday

Defenders: Joel Matip, Joe Gomez, Sepp van den Berg, Ki-Jana Hoever, Nathaniel Phillips, Nathaniel Clyne, Anderson Arroyo

Midfielders: Fabinho, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana, Ben Woodburn, Curtis Jones

Forwards: Rhian Brewster, Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson

Will be interested to see how Phillips, Hoever and the new boy Sepp will compete with each other and try to play themselves into Klopp's thinking. But where's Adam Lewis?

Last edited:
Explained: Liverpool's decision to enter the EFL Trophy for the first time

Glenn Price@GlennPrice94

The EFL Trophy will provide Liverpool's Academy prospects with the opportunity to experience the true demands of first-team football, U23s manager Neil Critchley has explained.

It was announced last month that the club would enter an U21 side in the competition for the very first time.

The Reds will be among the 16 Category One Academy teams in the 2019-20 tournament, alongside 48 clubs from League One and League Two.

"The obvious [benefit] is playing against men, which we don't get too many times at U23 level," Critchley told Liverpoolfc.com.

"Playing against senior players, men, experienced players is different to playing in some of the games we play.

"Playing in stadiums, in front of supporters brings out that little bit of added pressure.

"You want to see our players play under pressure at this age because the next step is the biggest step to take."

The draw for the group stages of the EFL Trophy – which first invited Category One Academy teams to enter back in 2016-17 – takes place later this month.

The first round of matches are scheduled to be played in the week commencing September 2 and, in line with tournament rules, Liverpool will play all group matches away from home.

'Lewis and Larouci can catch Jürgen Klopp's eye in pre-season'

Critchley added: "It's something that we've looked at and discussed over the last 12 months, two years really. We felt this year was the right time to enter that competition.

"Talking to other teams and coaches who have been in that competition, they've talked highly of the competition and what it brought.

"We think it's something different to our programme, something we can't give to them through our normal games programme.

"Hopefully that'll be an added bonus for our players this season."
----------------
I think it's s good idea. Will really help the kids develop or they might just get injured.

Yeah, saw that he was listed as 189 cm, but he must have continued to grow ;)
Looks 6’3 or 6’4.

Think he’ll be boss for us.

Yeah, saw that he was listed as 189 cm, but he must have continued to grow ;)
Looks 6’3 or 6’4.

Think he’ll be boss for us.
I'd say he's even taller. Klopp is 6'3, this kid must be at least 6'5

Will probably be loaned out again due to work permit issues but hopefully he won't be the next Allan.

Will probably be loaned out again due to work permit issues but hopefully he won't be the next Allan.

And for anyone who was left scratching their head at that tweet, here is the translation (I am bilingual in at least three different languages, in fact I am a cunning linguist)

[bcolor=transparent]WITH THE CHAMPION OF THE CHAMPIONS[/bcolor]

1f44c.png

[bcolor=transparent]Anderson Arroyo [/bcolor][bcolor=transparent] , Colombian right-back who participated in the U20 World Cup, was summoned by coach Jürgen Klopp for the start of Liverpool's 2019/20 preseason [/bcolor]
Yo[bcolor=transparent]ur rights belong to the English club. [/bcolor]
#CafeterosXElMundo

Milner, Lallana, Ox, Matip, Fabinho and Gomez took the lactate test on Saturday. Matip and Fabinho dropped out first, Ox shortly thereafter (had to stop mid-lap), then finally Lallana. Milner and Gomez finished the last lap together, but Milner came in first, by some distance. Still the fittest man at the club.

In fairness most of the first team isn’t there but still impressive from Milner

Milner, Lallana, Ox, Matip, Fabinho and Gomez took the lactate test on Saturday. Matip and Fabinho dropped out first, Ox shortly thereafter (had to stop mid-lap), then finally Lallana. Milner and Gomez finished the last lap together, but Milner came in first, by some distance. Still the fittest man at the club.

Maybe Klopp doesn't believe the hype?

Hype. Yes, that's it. Hype. The likes of Gerrard, saying he believed the player had the potential to be an exceptional player. A view then shared and repeated by Alex Inglethorpe, Pep Ljinders, Neil Critchley, Barry Lewtas and Jamie Carragher. Those people, 'hyping' within their own club. For whatever reason, to be explained, no doubt, at some later date. Poor Klopp, all of his staff and other trusted figures, 'hyping' players. He must have to fight this nonsense all day long. (Mind you, if Lewis proves himself, I suspect the great spotter of 'hype,' this great connoiseur of youth players, will suddenly reinvent himself as the long-standing admirer. As per.) What a load of shite.

Hype. Yes, that's it. Hype. The likes of Gerrard, saying he believed the player had the potential to be an exceptional player. A view then shared and repeated by Alex Inglethorpe, Pep Ljinders, Neil Critchley, Barry Lewtas and Jamie Carragher. Those people, 'hyping' within their own club. For whatever reason, to be explained, no doubt, at some later date. Poor Klopp, all of his staff and other trusted figures, 'hyping' players. He must have to fight this nonsense all day long. (Mind you, if Lewis proves himself, I suspect the great spotter of 'hype,' this great connoiseur of youth players, will suddenly reinvent himself as the long-standing admirer. As per.) What a load of shite.

Now say how you really feel, @gkmacca :)

Seriously though, I guess the U23 participation in EFL Trophy explains it? Although still it would make sense to see him train with the first team.

Yeah I'm not gonna bother, he might come good, he might not. I don't see it though.
Trent had the "it- factor" I could spot it from miles away. So did Suso, Sterling etc. They looked out of place in the reserves, in a good way. Even Hoever looks like a super talent. But then there Andy Robertson, a player barely anyone noticed. So yeah there's a chance.
Also, Gerrard after his Joe Cole comment is not to be trusted when it comes to scouting.

Last edited:
I reckon Ojo could tear up the SPL next season - if Scott Sinclair can get 20+ goals I reckon Sheyi - if he keeps his intensity up can do great things.

Shaq and Divock back in the building. At least we know we can field a front three in the Charity Shield now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom