• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafa set to become Real Madrid manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor old Rafa. He can't help himself. I once had a colleague who was amazingly rude and blunt with those who worked beneath him (naturally, he's now in the House of Lords). Eventually his wife had a word, telling him he'd really got to be more tactful. So then he took to saying, 'If you don't mind my saying so...' and then he'd be just as blunt and rude as he ever was before. Rafa seems to be like that. Montse will probably send him off on his first day, saying 'Now don't forget: be nice to Ronaldo,' and Rafa will return at tea time, surprised that Ronaldo has handed in a transfer request.

So Macca, was he obnoxious to the staff? Not privvy to these anecdotes.

Rafa? No, he was very nice as far as I know. But with players he just lacks that awareness of how to sugar the pill. It would be 'Riise, you were really bad' in front of teammates after a game. Usually of course it just made people laugh but someone like Gerrard got more and more rattled by it.

Raheem isn't good enough for Real Madrid. He'd play about 5 games and find himself out of the team. Hell, if Isco struggles to get games, Sterling would be lucky to make their bench.

Gawd I hope Barca win the treble and Madrid feel like they need to make a statement and offer us big on Raheem. I'd take Benzema/Isco/Varane/Bale/Modric in a straight swap. Let alone any cash involved.

Rafa? No, he was very nice as far as I know. But with players he just lacks that awareness of how to sugar the pill. It would be 'Riise, you were really bad' in front of teammates after a game. Usually of course it just made people laugh but someone like Gerrard got more and more rattled by it.

Really? I kind of like that. Any other zingers at players?

Really? I kind of like that. Any other zingers at players?

Only the ones that are already in the books, such as Carra's book. I genuinely don't think it occurs to Rafa that it might not have the right effect on a player if he criticises them. He's too focussed to notice. I remember a time we lost 3-1 to Villa and Rafa basically slammed Carra and Gerrard in public afterwards. Gerrard was apoplectic. Personally I think that's what Stevie and others needed every now and again, just to spark him on, but he certainly resented it.

Yes, it's also a star/ I'm so special, millennial thing. Not used to the harsh word, so they can't deal with it. Praises loses it's power, if it's the only thing you'll ever say.

also, kind of funny, it's Rafa's 5th anniversary of being sacked from Liverpool today - and he gets appointed RM manager. Delighted for him, but wonder if he's just been brought in as the unpopular guy to make the necessary changes, and then it's ciao..

Could well be. TBH it's ciao before too long for pretty much anybody appointed to that job, so they might as well appoint someone like Rafa who doesn't even notice, let alone care, if he's upsetting someone important.

Montse's getting skinnier as Rafa gets bigger.

2952EBCB00000578-3109161-image-m-99_1433334006755.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom