• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/23/zlatan-ibrahimovic-angry-second-swedish-sportspeople

Zlatan anger at finishing second on list of all-time Swedish sports people
• Ibrahimovic second behind five-times Wimbledon winner Björn Borg
• ‘No disrespect to the others but I should be No1 to No5 on that list’

40dabc58-9c2a-4524-8747-a3d535d1a2ac-620x372.jpeg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic said: 'To finish second is like finishing last'. Photograph: Franck Fife/AFP/Getty Images

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has reacted angrily to finish second on a list ranking Swedish sports people of all time. The PSG striker was the runner-up behind five-times Wimbledon winner Björn Borg as the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter ranked the top 150 Swedes.
Ibrahimovic, however, was not best pleased with the result as the paper asked him for his thoughts.
Dagens Nyhether: Congratulations, you have finished second on the list of Swedish sports people of all time, how do you feel about that?
Zlatan: Thank you but to finish second is like finishing last.
DN: You have previously mentioned Muhammad Ali, Petter Northug and Ronaldo as sports people you rank highly. Who would have finished on the podium if you had ranked the best Swedish sports people of all time?
Zlatan: On that list I would have been No1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others
DN: Björn Borg is No1 on the list and he has previously expressed his admiration for you and that he sees you as Sweden’s biggest star, “even bigger than IKEA”. How do you see Borg and his career?
“He is a cool person and a living legend.”
Dagens Nyheter’s top 10

1. Björn Borg, tennis
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, football
3. Jan-Ove Waldner, table tennis
4. Annika Sörenstam, golf
5. Ingemar Stenmark, alpine skiing
6. Carolina Klüft, heptathlete
7. Ingemar Johansson, boxing
8. Gunde Svan, cross-country skiing
9. Peter Forsberg, ice hockey
10. Gert Fredriksson, rowing
Also on the list ...
35. Tomas Brolin, football

Their biggest star is by far Stenmark. Most winning skier of all times. Still, to this day. Nobody bigger than him in that list. Just shows you what time does.

Zlatan is a piss-ant who won't be on top 5 in 50 years time.

I just googled 'liverpool fc forum' unless I missed it I got to page 7 without any mention of this place

might be a good place to start if new members are needed

just updated the meta tags, probably won't make a great deal of difference tbh.. They where still stuck on xenforo standard though...

Thanks for the heads up..

just updated the meta tags, probably won't make a great deal of difference tbh.. They where still stuck on xenforo standard though...

Thanks for the heads up..

No problem, if there's anything I can do to help let me know. It would break up the 9 hours of scm/reddit/wikipedia/shopping nicely...

I think your both acting childishly. I don't post much on here but this is supposed to be a football forum and throwing insults at each other regarding race seems out of place. I can guarantee that if you were sat next to each other this conversation wouldn't of happened, especially not with such hate and insult..... Anyway not really my place. Have a good Christmas.

You see, this is the problem with Modo though. People come in here, see half the story and jump to his defense. It you don't post much on here, then I'm guessing you miss the constant snide comments and him dragging down threads everyday with his nonsense. The amount of threads that descend into shite, with him at the centre of it, is unreal.

JJ is probably one of the more affable posters on here, he rarely gets riled, so if he's got upset with Modo then there's probably a good reason why.

There comes a time when people just have to get booted from a site.

It's never usually one specific thing, it's always a continuation of repeated infuriation, and you just know the site's had enough of their constant bollocks. Once a thread gets derailed just by him being there, then that's the time. Happened to Spider-Neil, Brendan, myself, Glock... This cunt's had his time as far as I'm concerned. He's ruining my experience of coming on here, and I doubt I speak for myself there.

When good posters - posters who are above the floating debris of this site - can't reason with him as is the case right now, then time to fuck him off.

This right here is the whole fucking purpose of having moderators. Moderate the quality of the site. Fuck that petty bullshit 1-day ban bollocks we've had recently into touch, and do something worthwhile.

This, from a poster with little or no personal history of crossing swords with Modo, nails it AFAIC.

If I was Swedish I wouldn't publish that list of "all-time Swedish sports people". It's not much of a list is it?

Meanwhile in Madrid..

Althletico are looking to cancel the Torres loan deal, after finding he is indeed shite after his latest training session..

From the Guardian

Stoke’s Robert Huth investigated by FA over gender game on Twitter

The Football Association is investigating after Stoke defender Robert Huth appeared to respond to a Twitter account which posts sexual images of individuals and asks users to guess their gender.

The account invites users of the social media site to guess from cropped photographs of people in explicit poses whether those pictured have male or female genitalia.

A series of tweets posted from Huth’s official account shows the 30-year-old German apparently playing the game.

He has already received criticism from within the trans community and may face action from the FA, which it is understood is looking into the matter.

Stoke declined to comment when contacted by Press Association Sport on Friday.

In October the FA handed QPR defender Rio Ferdinand a three-match suspension, as well as a £25,000 fine, for comments he made on Twitter.

Ferdinand directed a jibe at a Twitter follower containing the word ’sket’, which is understood to be a slang term taken to mean a promiscuous girl or woman.

In its statement concerning the former England captain, the FA said Ferdinand’s comment had been ”abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper” and an aggravated breach as it ”included a reference to gender”.

hahahaha - I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the FA Disciplinary Committee discusses transgender issues.

Maybe they'll send Huth on a transgender awareness course.

Maybe Brendan Rodgers could enlighten him.

This world is going to shit when people get outraged over this sort of crap.

For you and most other people, Twitter and Facebook is like a big party where you know everyone. If you get drunk and act like an idiot, it is all on you. For politicians and top level footballers social media is like the company intranet. If you post guess the gender game updates next to the quarterly report you will get punished, and rightly so. Footballers are idiots so this distinction is lost on them.

For you and most other people, Twitter and Facebook is like a big party where you know everyone. If you get drunk and act like an idiot, it is all on you. For politicians and top level footballers social media is like the company intranet. If you post guess the gender game updates next to the quarterly report you will get punished, and rightly so. Footballers are idiots so this distinction is lost on them.

Why should footballers be in the category with politicians? Surely that shows how fucked up our consumption of football has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom