• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
4Share on email

Guinness FC ball
Guinness owner Diageo is among a host of brands fighting it out for title sponsorship of the English Premier League.

Diageo, the firm behind alcohol brands such as Guinness, Smirnoff, Red Stripe lager and Baileys, is looking to weigh in a bid for the Premiership rights worth over £150m, according to Sky News.

Current sponsor Barclays has also announced its intent to issue another bid for the rights, with Sky News also noting that Samsung, Ford and MasterCard are potential candidates for the title.

The drinks conglomerate does not currently engage in top-tier football sponsorship in the UK and if it acquires the rights, the Guinness brand would be engaged by global viewers tuning into English football.

The bids will follow the conclusion of Barclays' three year sponsorship deal worth £120m ending before the 15/16 season kicks off.

This follows the BBC tying up the rights to the Barclay’s Premier League highlights on Thursday with the broadcaster announcing that it will be launching a new midweek highlights shows.

9437365-large.jpg

For Royal Marine Andy Grant an operation to amputate part of his leg after he stepped on a bomb in Aghanistan had a surprising consequence.

The former Devon Royal Marine has celebrated his sixth 'alive day' after he was blown up in Afghanistan.

The Liverpool fan from Plymouth in Devon woke up to be told by his doctor that while the operation to remove his leg below the knee had gone well, his tattoo in tribute to the football club had suffered.
Instead of reading 'You'll Never Walk Alone', the father-of-three discovered it now had the word 'Alone' missing after a flap of his skin had to be moved.

Andy Grant was a 20-year-old commando on a routine foot patrol in Sangin on February 3, 2009, when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off.

The blast severely injured Andy and his best friend and fellow marine, Iain Syme, who was thrown 30ft.

Read more: http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co....tory-25980878-detail/story.html#ixzz3Qys55VBl

Charlie Adam is younger than Cristiano Ronaldo

Alex Song has 27 siblings

Jari Litmanen played international football in four decades

Dundee United have played Barcelona four times in their history and won four times.

One of the biggest reasons I'd do it is to avoid playing against him every season. Hopefully he goes to Munich, or the Spanish crowns.

I dont like Gary Monks eyelashes.
They are creepy and a bit like Snufflupucus.

My iPhone never lets me upload pics.
Think Albino eyelashes.
And a wooly mamoth.

I like Garry Monk.

To play for Swansea in League 2, League 1, the Championship and the Premiership from 2004-2014 is some feat!

I'm pretty sure the player he lamped was trying to keep the others away BTW. Maybe the referee just wanted to make an example of somebody on that team and didn't much care who that happened to be.

I wish he'd refereed ManUre in Ferguson's time. Just the once would have been all it took.

A couple of you guys met an Egyptian kid who's over here studying that I took to the Arse game last year. He's home now and just sent this:

A Hillsborough type incident happened in Egypt yesterday where dozens of Zamalek S.C fans were killed, except this time it wasn't a crush, they were shot and tear gassed by police after being locked in cages to finish them off quicker, it's ISIS style brutality and makes me ashamed to be Arab even. 50 years ago the only people Arabs fucked with were Israel, and even then at least we did the decent thing by declaring full out war instead of doing faggy ISIS style ambushes on defenceless people.

I knew some of the kids who died as acquaintances, back in Egypt me and the ultras would take bus trips with them to watch Zamalek games all over the country. On the long bus trips to away games 400 miles away those kids wouldn't even smoke cigarettes let alone smoke joints and do pills and drink vodka at the back of the bus with the rest of us, yet now the media is lying and calling them thugs and criminals, which I knew they were the farthest fucking thing from. The families went to the morgue to identify the bodies, but were told in order to do that they had to first sign a form declaring their son was a thug who died of a stampede and wasn't shot or tear gassed by the police - in order to absolve police of responsibility. It's fucking disgusting man.

It's fucking hard reading the list of the casualties issued by the morgue and recognizing names there of dudes you knew way back when. Even our own football team are scumbags because they went on with the match and celebrated the goal like their own fans hadn't just been shot dead for political purposes, only 1 player was man enough to refuse to play, and as a result the team was pressured by the police and government into terminating that player's contract. The team basically sold out their own dead fans.

The whole thing's just fucking awful. I'm getting drafted into the army this year as are tens of millions of Egyptian men like me, and honestly I feel they could give a flying fuck whether we lived or died, in the most literal sense of the world. In 3 years over 100 football fans have been purposely killed by police and absolutely fuck all has been done about it, Mubarak's been found innocent of all charges yet a blogger who insults the government gets a lifetime sentence. It's fucking disgusting what this country has become.

I guaran-fucking-tee you this will spark a new revolution in Egypt sooner or later, young Egyptian men are getting fed up of fearing death from their own police that supposedly protects them, the same police that opened the prisons in 2011, abandoned their posts and let the people fend for themselves against those animals. Then you let loose the Islamist fanatics and in under 1 year tens of millions of people took to the street forcefully removing the Islamist shit before we become some new Saudi Arabia, the Islamists as a political force are now wiped off the map in Egypt which is why they're resorting to faggy techniques like jihadism, blow me. Everything's fucked up and the people will fuck shit up I guarantee it.

Scary shit.

When I went to Egypt the teenagers then we're fucked off with everything. The local shopkeeper supported Liverpool & we got on quite well, he told me there was loads of random violence & attacks by the police & by locals towards the police that was simply not reported on or ignored entirely.

Couldnt be bothered with a new thread:

@PetterVeland: According to @eldesmarque_sfc Sevilla have already decided to use their option to buy Iago Aspas from Liverpool for €6M in the summer #cmore

Nice!

Couldnt be bothered with a new thread:

@PetterVeland: According to @eldesmarque_sfc Sevilla have already decided to use their option to buy Iago Aspas from Liverpool for €6M in the summer #cmore

Nice!

That's the nice thing about Rodgers' flops, we usually get our money back for them which is something.

196356.jpg

196355.jpg

54db24b6661ad_GiroudDebuchyOspina.jpg

Ahead of Valentines Day on Saturday, a panel of American women have created a list of the top 300 hottest players in the Premier League, with Giroud topping the list ahead of Sunderland's Santiago Vergini and Leicester's Matty James.

Burnley apparently have the best-looking squad overall, with Liverpool in second ahead of third-placed Arsenal and Stoke, who take the final Champions League place.

At the other end of the table, Newcastle, Swansea and West Brom have the least attractive squads, according to the 250 women surveyed by Paddy Power, with Joleon Lescott, Gerhard Tremmell and Sadio Mané taking the 298th, 299th and 300th spots in the individual Hot or Not list.

Hot XI: Ben Foster, Santiago Vergini, Jason Shackell, Erik Pieters, Paul Konchesky, Jesus Navas, Morgan Schneiderlin, Matty James, Nacer Chadli, Charlie Austin, Olivier Giroud.

Not Hot XI: Gerhard Tremmel, Ritchie De Laet, James Collins, Joleon Lescott, Aly Cissokho, Angel Di Maria, Cheick Tiote, Stephen Quinn, Saido Mane, Mario Balotelli, Marouane Chamakh.

Here are a few of the 'best' finds of the research.
. 18-21 year olds love Tom Huddlestone, but don't like the look of Tim Krul
. Over 60s dislike Marouanne Chamakh
. Divorcees love Danny Ings
. Single women prefer Liverpool players
. Widowers hate Aly Cissokho...and Aston Villa players generally
. Women with the lowest education levels fancy Paul Konchesky
. Those with the highest levels of education prefer Arsenal players
. Redheads liked Paul Konchesky but not the Hull squad
. Women who didn't care about their weight fancied Alexis Sanchez
. Those wanting to gain weight liked the look of the Chelsea squad

Status
Not open for further replies.