• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eto'o has signed for Sampdoria.​
Pinned Tweet​
Primo sorriso blucerchiato per @setoo9, al termine delle visite e in attesa del benvenuto ufficiale alla #Sampdoria.​
B4fPouRIUAAvYsy.jpg
^^^a prophecy.​

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/26/juan-roman-riquelme-announces-retirement

Former Argentina international Juan Román Riquelme retires from football
• Celebrated 36-year-old calls time on 18-year career
• ‘Now I am just a fan. I will go and suffer in the stadium’

Juan-Rom-n-Riquelme-010.jpg

Juan Román Riquelme won five league titles and three Copa Libertadores championships over two spells with Boca Juniors. Photograph: Alejandro Pagni/AFP/Getty Images
Guardian sport
Monday 26 January 2015 03.03 GMT

Former Argentina international Juan Román Riquelme has announced his retirement from football at the age of 36. The attacking midfielder made 51 appearances for Argentina, scoring 17 goals.
Best known for his spells with Boca Juniors and Villarreal, Riquelme also played for Barcelona and Argentinos Juniors and had recently been linked to clubs in both the MLS and Paraguay before Sunday night’s announcement.
“I have decided to no longer play football,” he said. “Now I am just a fan. I will go and suffer in the stadium. I am very pleased with the career I had.
“I enjoyed football to the maximum. I hope the people have enjoyed it alongside me. I tried to have a good time. I tried to give everything I could to fans of Boca, Argentina, Villarreal and Barcelona, in the youth teams and the full team.
“I am someone who makes decisions calmly, who thinks a lot. It’s clear now that I’ll be on holiday, I’ll have fun, enjoy time with my children. From now on my football life ends and a new life starts. Let’s see what it holds.”
Riquelme made his professional debut in 1996 for Boca Juniors at the age of 18 and almost exactly a year later, he made his debut for Argentina against Colombia. He appeared at only one World Cup in 2006, but captained his country to Olympic gold in 2008.
Known for his long-range shooting, set-piece delivery and dribbling skills, Riquelme won five league titles with Boca over two spells and also helped the Buenos Aires-based club to three Copa Libertadores championships.

I had one this morning, which probably qualifies as random.

I knew I needed to flush before wiping because I would have blocked the jacks but it took two good flushes to get rid of it.

I think I know what labour feels like now

I think its worth mentioning that although Maradona cheated in 1986 and handballed the first goal vs England.

But!!

Maradona leapt 4 ft off the ground whereas Peter fucking Shilton was about 4 inches off the floor in full superman pose.

So Diego is a cheat. But at least he can do his FUCKING JOB PETER!!

I saw a comment in a BBC News article that there will also be a new Wednesday night show on BBC2... Any ideas on what this might be @gkmacca ? Can't complain at increasing numbers of football shows if they are actually relevant!

I imagine it's more the option to have a Match of the Dayafter midweek games, as long as it's not Robbie Savage's midweek review I'll be happy.

I saw a comment in a BBC News article that there will also be a new Wednesday night show on BBC2... Any ideas on what this might be @gkmacca ? Can't complain at increasing numbers of football shows if they are actually relevant!

I don't think it's been entirely agreed on yet, mate. It started out as a largely negative discussion in the sense of 'it can't be anything like MOTD2,' and is now creeping towards a positive model. It'll be quite flexible, because sometimes they'll have midweek match highlights, but the rest of the time they'll probably set up things for the weekend via interviews and studio discussions. They did something similar for the football league as a late night regional TV package but this will be live and slicker. Probably!

It's only good because of the lack of adverts. In terms of analysis MOTD is absolute shite, and that interview Lineker does with the Managers makes my skin crawl.

It's only good because of the lack of adverts. In terms of analysis MOTD is absolute shite, and that interview Lineker does with the Managers makes my skin crawl.

That is hilarious.. it is clearly pre recorded answers from the manager with someone else asking the questions. I only hope that one day he asks the wrong question and gets back a seemingly random answer.

I like MOTD. There isn't much time for analysis, but I find that a blessed relief compared to Sky's obsessive-compulsive fussing over every single aspect of a game. They need to decide on their best pundits, then stick with them and improve them rather than continue with this 'Here's another two people who live near MediaCity and aren't doing anything on a Saturday night' routine. But telling a pundit, 'Okay, you'll have about five minutes to say something incisive about this game - think hard about it' is a really good discipline.

Motd is grand nothing special but gets the job done but that abomination of a program that's final score is just horrendous.
Mohammed is dull as dishwater as a presenter and the pundits usually include the likes of Kilbane,Murphy,Keown and Steve fucking Claridge.
It's like the X factor or the voice for the annual Jack 'is your granny Irish' Charlton hootenanny.

Hideous stuff.

Don't get me started on that wanker Garth Crooks.
From his incessant talking at the speed of light to his condescending views of the game which seems like he's trying to forefront his points across to which he thinks are the moronic viewers.
I genuinely want to take a chainsaw to the screen.

Well that's made my mind up. I'm getting my Sky subscription back soon.

The tit has a politics degree and all the pomposity of an actual politician. He's so full of hot air, Virgin want to put an ad on his belly and send him aloft.

Don't get me started on that wanker Garth Crooks.
From his incessant talking at the speed of light to his condescending views of the game which seems like he's trying to forefront his points across to which he thinks are the moronic viewers.
I genuinely want to take a chainsaw to the screen.
I'd like someone to take a chainsaw to his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom