• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Real Madrid (H) Feb 21st [CL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a phrase which means he can fuck off!
I apoligise for any confusion regarding my post. Please don't mistake my annoyance as dig at you. Perhaps my sarcasm regarding Naby wasn't clear enough. I'm as dissappointed with him as anyone else. He arrived with so much promise (albiet so little English despite the fact that his move had been arranged many months earlier.) He can indeed fuck off.

Last edited:
In the style of a caption competition… if naby keita is the answer, what was the question?

I’ll go first. Which Liverpool player would you like to return to Germany via cannon?

I apoligise for any confusion regarding my post. Please don't mistake my annoyance as dig at you. Perhaps my sarcasm regarding Naby wasn't clear enough. I'm as dissappointed with him as anyone else. He arrived with so much promise (albiet so little English despite the fact that his move had been arranged many months earlier.) He can indeed fuck off.
Absolutely, I have unhealthy hatred for him for similar reasons.

You never need to apologise to DB - he has skin thicker than a rhinoceros

The thing about the diminutive african midfielder is, since Kante, everyone else seems to have unearthed another similar looking gem relatively easily for little money, while we got ourselves a shit version spending loads of money.

The thing about the diminutive african midfielder is, since Kante, everyone else seems to have unearthed another similar looking gem relatively easily for little money, while we got ourselves a shit version spending loads of money.

Hindsight is great but at the time, everyone here wanted him around Countinho exit time. We thought he was going to be the saviour but here we are. Mistake was not cutting our losses on investment 2yrs ago and buying someone else…

Imagine you're a manager or The Boss, and you have an employee like Keita. What would you do ?

I'm talking real world scenario and not fantasy football. So you have to take into consideration all perspectives. E.g. HR, legal, finance, etc.

That's right, be a wistful old man about it. That'll drive new posters in here by the dozen.
We love new posters round these parts. We’ve not had a cleets post in ages.

Anyway.

Bring on yer Internazionale, Bring on yer Roma by the score, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Who the fuck you trying to kid, Because Liverpool are the team that we adore

Just rewatched the final. We looked great. Really unlucky.

1. Some great chance creation by Salah
2. Oh man, TAA was in dreamland for the goal. You could see VJ lurking behind him from earlier in the clip
3. Mane created so much for himself. That shot off the post...
4. Our subs were an unfit Roberto F, and Keita. Must do better
5. Diaz was in the pocket of their right back for the entire match - not experienced enough for all that attention
6. Courtois was a monster.

We really dominated them. But we were playing an Italian team. So expect the counter to kill.

I'm going to a gig to see one of my favorite bands I booked ages ago before the draw. Will catch the second half if I'm lucky. Hoping to tune in after the gig to good news

2. Oh man, TAA was in dreamland for the goal. You could see VJ lurking behind him from earlier in the clip
5. Diaz was in the pocket of their right back for the entire match - not experienced enough for all that attention

We really dominated them. But we were playing an Italian team. So expect the counter to kill.
Were we indeed ! They've moved Madrid then have they. Well I never.

We love new posters round these parts. We’ve not had a cleets post in ages.

Anyway.

Bring on yer Internazionale, Bring on yer Roma by the score, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Who the fuck you trying to kid, Because Liverpool are the team that we adore
I remember a particular cringeworthy thread back in KopTalk days when it was decided that the posters would sing YNWA ... everyone posted a line of the song one after another ... lasted until about "there's a golden sky" and then we were getting 2 or 3 folks typing the same line & then doing them out of order.

I was just a lurker on Koptalk so didn't participate in that abomination, but I did repeatedly puke onto my keyboard ... in fact I think I can still see bits of diced carrot under the H key.

I remember a particular cringeworthy thread back in KopTalk days when it was decided that the posters would sing YNWA ... everyone posted a line of the song one after another ... lasted until about "there's a golden sky" and then we were getting 2 or 3 folks typing the same line & then doing them out of order.

I was just a lurker on Koptalk so didn't participate in that abomination, but I did repeatedly puke onto my keyboard ... in fact I think I can still see bits of diced carrot under the H key.
That sounds more horrific than some of our performances this season.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Bajcetic, Henderson, Nunez, Salah, Gakpo.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Carvalho, Matip.

Liverpool name an unchanged line-up from Saturday’s win against Newcastle for the visit of Real Madrid.

That means Darwin Nunez and Cody Gakpo, who both scored at the weekend, start in attack along with Mohamed Salah.
Gakpo is making his Champions League debut for the Reds.

Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Bajcetic, Salah, Darwin, Gakpo.

Real Madrid are boosted by the return of top scorer Karim Benzema.

The 16-goal striker sat out the win over Osasuna at the weekend with a muscle issue but is back to face the Reds.
Dani Carvajal also comes back into the side having started on the bench on Saturday.
Toni Kroos, who has recovered from illness, is only on the bench.

Real Madrid XI: Courtois, Carvajal, Militao, Rudiger, Alaba, Modric, Camavinga, Valverde, Rodrygo, Benzema, Vinicius.

Best team as it is now.
I bet they will target Nunez with wind ups, and maybe try to rattle Bajcetic, in addition to the traditional get behind trent.

I should rewatch that match then, because I recall feeling like Real were totally comfortable and, although Courtois was outstanding, that we played into their hands.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Bajcetic, Henderson, Nunez, Salah, Gakpo.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Carvalho, Matip.
Hmmm … that midfield will be eaten up for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom