• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers' wife wants 51 house and half his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I started staying at home with the kids Bex has been promoted three times & has passed over 50 exams in work.

When I worked she couldn't do any of it, cos we, as most couples have to, had to do the usual leaving work early, doing condensed weeks, not travelling too far for meetings & countless other concessions that parents have to make to be able to do their share. She's also been able to take holidays & study days off work to study cos I've been there to look after the kids, which she wouldn't have been able to do as she would have need the leave for school holidays.

I could have refused & gone to work, or worked nights, as some parents I know do, meaning she'd have to bear much more of the weight of parenting as well as working full time, one or both of us would have been working term time only, & I highly doubt she'd have progressed from her job at that time.

My actions wouldn't have been unreasonable, lots of parents choose to work instead of staying at home, but if they do so it's obvious that the other parent will have to make the usual concessions at work which inevitably stall their career.

I find it hard to believe that you don't know this already. You must work with people who have kids who's other real also works & see the amount of time they have to take off, the regular early finishes or late starts, inability to travel for work etc that being a parent entails, & realise that reduces their chances at progression. I suspect you're just being churlish to troll.

I don't know why any of that is relevant to my position. It doesn't seem to conflict with any of it.

Is she English? If so, surely that's worth something. Being married to a national of the country you've emigrated to brings with it huge benefits in terms of assimilation and understanding how to function in English society.

I don't know why any of that is relevant to my position. It doesn't seem to conflict with any of it.
I was replying to your comment that a wife can't effect their husbands career.

It was an actual example showing that a wife (or husband in this case) can effect their other half's career.

I was replying to your comment that a wife can't effect their husbands career.

It was an actual example showing that a wife (or husband in this case) can effect their other half's career.

Looking after the kids is a contribution I've allowed for and acknowledged as valuable countless times already.

You may well know such examples but the ownership rights of the woman in that success is so obviously unprovable that it's ludicrous to even try to put a value on her share.

In general such support as a man receives that can actually be identified as a contribution to his salary is fairly unvarying: labour time saved on cooking and cleaning, and if there are children, the value of her contribution there. Something in the order of £5k a year would seem generous compensation. And that's for a non-working wife, too!

You've now shifted the focus of your argument away from the principle of "a wife has no material influence on the success of a man's career" to "it's too hard to quantify and therefore place a value on her contribution" - which isn't something I brought up.

I simply took issue with you stating that "what she puts into it has almost no bearing on what *he* earns" - a position that you've been gradually conceding until we reach this point, where you abandon the argument altogether in favour of something different, because you know you're wrong.

I await your expletive laden, irrelevant rant eagerly. You get so angry when you see your arse, it's so cute

What the fuck has bad days and all the other bollocks got to do with 102 fucking houses?

The maintenance is sorted.

Do you kill the business and sell everything, continue the business and each derive an income, divvy the houses up and create 2 separate entities? and on and on and...

Neither is going to lack for cash it's only the houses that are at issue.

For fuckin fucks spunkin fuckin sake.

Why would selling off 51 of 102 houses kill the business ? It wouldn't, it's an illogical argument, it's not a manufacturing plant !

You've now shifted the focus of your argument away from the principle of "a wife has no material influence on the success of a man's career" to "it's too hard to quantify and therefore place a value on her contribution" - which isn't something I brought up.

I simply took issue with you stating that "what she puts into it has almost no bearing on what *he* earns" - a position that you've been gradually conceding until we reach this point, where you abandon the argument altogether in favour of something different, because you know you're wrong.

I await your expletive laden, irrelevant rant eagerly. You get so angry when you see your arse, it's so cute

I've not conceded anything. Obviously when talking in general about large topics one omits exceptional cases such as you've cited and concentrates on the relevant norms.

The point isn't that no wife could ever have an effect (fucking obviously). The point is that the normal role of a wife in a marriage is not a material influence.

PS I'm glad you're back to personal hostility. It's much preferable to the horrible oleaginous compliments you've recently tried to smother me in when our little tedious arguments reach their climaxes.

That wasn't hostility peter, it was affection laced with condescension.

Jeez, you're so paranoid and touchy these days

200.gif

Why would selling off 51 of 102 houses kill the business ? It wouldn't, it's an illogical argument, it's not a manufacturing plant !

Depends which ones were sold and what time because of market conditions. Nobody wants to sell at a loss. It may also put people out of work who no doubt work to maintain the properties. It would also create a huge and unnecessary tax bill and necessitate repayment of loans and any new investment in the properties would be lost. It would render a lot of time and effort a waste of time and basically be a destructive act and nothing to do with business.

Oh for gods sake Mors! They obviously made that decision together. In that partnership they call marriage.

Ross has it nailed anyway. Yes she should be compensated by an agreed amount to return her to her previous standard of living but perhaps not be entitled to future earning. There will be a cut off.

I was under the impression they had compensate them to stay at their current standard of living? What's she's going to get enough to go back to living at home with her parents?

The thread's certainly not a great audition for the Brains Trust. Collectively it reminds me of this scene:

Looking after the kids is a contribution I've allowed for and acknowledged as valuable countless times already.
Something in the order of £5k a year would seem generous compensation. And that's for a non-working wife, too!
£5K per year is valuable?

Its a wonder you manage to retain all the household staff at Hague Manor - has the butler not made representations on behalf of the poor chambermaids?

This thread surviving more than a few pages is epitome of how underwhelming this summer has been for Liverpool FC.

I was under the impression they had compensate them to stay at their current standard of living? What's she's going to get enough to go back to living at home with her parents?

When I said previous standard of living I was alluding to her lifestyle when she was married and living with Rodgers her then Husband.

Apart from the fact that FFF has just shown how a partner In marriage has materially the spouses earning potential.

Ross has too.

And I'm sure countless other people, self included, will tell you that their "successful careers" and therefore earning potential, were helped and materially improved by the influence and input of their partners.

You can pretend it's not the case all you want.

But you'd be utterly and completely wrong.

And I'm sure countless other people, self included, will tell you that their "successful careers" and therefore earning potential, were helped and materially improved by the influence and input of their partners.

And I'm sure people could wheel an equal number of examples of where a man/woman has been equally as successful in their careers with zero help from their other half, or the other half has been a hinderance to their careers.

The way this is going it sounds like people are convinced that a man/woman is incapable of being good at their job or building a business empire without being married, and that if their other half wasn't there they'd be an absolute failure.

Yup - I'm mostly surprised that he found someone stupid enough to be his partner ! Fucking amazing with an attitude like that. Or maybe he is just being provocative

What 'attitude'? What does that even mean?

So I don't think a partner to a relationship should be billed for every little piece of emotional support he receives..... and that makes *me* the misanthrope????????

Apart from the fact that FFF has just shown how a partner In marriage has materially the spouses earning potential.

Ross has too.

You can pretend it's not the case all you want.

But you'd be utterly and completely wrong.

Already answered. See my conversation with FFF.

And I'm sure people could wheel an equal number of examples of where a man/woman has been equally as successful in their careers with zero help from their other half, or the other half has been a hinderance to their careers.

The way this is going it sounds like people are convinced that a man/woman is incapable of being good at their job or building a business empire without being married, and that if their other half wasn't there they'd be an absolute failure.

No.

But thinking that a spouse can't have a positive or "material" impact is borderline retarded.

It's crystal clear that what most people are saying is that IN A RELATIONSHIP sometimes one partner will take a roll managing the family and helping create an environment where the other spouse can achieve maximum earning potential because you'd BE RAISING A FAMILY AS WELL AS PURSUING A CAREER.

No.

But thinking that a spouse can't have a positive or "material" impact is borderline retarded.

It's crystal clear that what most people are saying is that IN A RELATIONSHIP sometimes one partner will take a roll managing the family and helping create an environment where the other spouse can achieve maximum earning potential because you'd BE RAISING A FAMILY AS WELL AS PURSUING A CAREER.

But as much as you dislike the notion it is actually simple to place a value on such a contribution *to a career*.

Childcare = the price of a good nanny and/or nursery
Other sundry assistance = the salary of a domestic servant

I'm not saying it's a romantic or attractive reality. But I do think it is the unfortunate truth.

What 'attitude'? What does that even mean?

So I don't think a partner to a relationship should be billed for every little piece of emotional support he receives..... and that makes *me* the misanthrope????????

If you can't see that assessing a housewife / househusband's value to a relationship at 5k a year is a one sided attitude towards a partnership there is point in debating this with you. Tell me how much should she invoice him for the two children - in the Hague cosmos that is, there must be some cost/benefit there

If you can't see that assessing a housewife / househusband's value to a relationship at 5k a year is a one sided attitude towards a partnership there is point in debating this with you. Tell me how much should she invoice him for the two children - in the Hague cosmos that is, there must be some cost/benefit there

I don't think she should invoice him anything, that's an ugly notion, to put it lightly.

I don't know how else you could place a value on the work that a housewife does other than by applying the rate of a paid servant. I genuinely don't. What would you suggest as superior?

Already answered. See my conversation with FFF.

I did.

You acknowledged looking after the kids was important.

In your very next post you then said you didn't see how the "normal role of a wife" could materially influence the relationship.

This, despite the fact that FFF had just clearly told you that his role in the relationship allowed his wife to pursue career and therefore promotions and increased earning potential because FFF and his partner made the decision (I presume) that the best thing for their families future was for her to pursue her career and him to forgo his and concentrate on looking after the family.

Now you tell me - if FFF had refused to look after the family and preferred to concentrate on his own career - would his partner have been able to focus on her career.

You're quite clearly wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom