• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah-ng, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
…. I don't think for a minute that Mo or Mane were world-class when they joined us, if they were world class their price tags would have been much higher….

This is the but I don’t quite agree with for 2 reasons.

The fee isn’t what determines whether someone is world class or not - there are plenty of players that have gone for higher fees that weren’t as good as either Salah & Mane when we signed them - we’ve even signed some ourselves.

That bit is about negotiating realistic fees, or at least understanding what the value of the player is and when the player becomes “overpriced”.

The second bit I disagree with is the premise that the players weren’t “world class” prior to joining us - they were - the point being they were joining far better and more organised team were there talents could be better utilised.

Our transfer team very clearly identify players with “outlying” stats that fit our requirements - so the skills are already there - they’re just given a platform and environment to thrive.

What Klopp does that’s managerial genius, is to create that environment, give structure, clarity and leadership, while enabling all parts of the team (not just the playing side) to shine.

This is the but I don’t quite agree with for 2 reasons.

The fee isn’t what determines whether someone is world class or not - there are plenty of players that have gone for higher fees that weren’t as good as either Salah & Mane when we signed them - we’ve even signed some ourselves.

That bit is about negotiating realistic fees, or at least understanding what the value of the player is and when the player becomes “overpriced”.

The second bit I disagree with is the premise that the players weren’t “world class” prior to joining us - they were - the point being they were joining far better and more organised team were there talents could be better utilised.

Our transfer team very clearly identify players with “outlying” stats that fit our requirements - so the skills are already there - they’re just given a platform and environment to thrive.

What Klopp does that’s managerial genius, is to create that environment, give structure, clarity and leadership, while enabling all parts of the team (not just the playing side) to shine.

Disagree completely about them being world class when they joined us, I had no idea how Mane would turn out other than the hatrick he scored against us while playing for Southampton, I did not really think much of him at the time. As for Salah - if truth be told, the way he has performed this 2nd half of the season is the Salah performances I was expecting when he signed for us so I was not over the moon at signing him. I don't think that Klopp and the coaching team are doing just those things you have stated, they do a lot more with each individual player. The system we play makes it easy for them to thrive with their qualities as a footballer. If we had a choice between who goes and who stays then I would rather sell Salah, and keep Mane. The one thing I have learnt about LFC over the years is that we always get or make a striker out of any player that wants it badly.

Since Torres, I feel no worries or attachments to specific players, its easy to see that both have had their eyes turned by big money now, and we can't compete adequately to satisfy them so what's the point in feeling sad or upset/worried about them leaving ? - they got their current world class status playing for us, and if we can do it for them we can do it for the next player. I have full trust in Klopp and the coaching team.

On a personal note - if Mane leaves we should go all out for Nkuku, then we need replacements for both Divok/Taki and a dynamic midfielder of some sort, that really is box to box. I think with midfielders it can go either way, it is likely we may pick up a gem or two for the 25M mark that can thrive in our league - they don't have to be too expensive. But if Mane leaves - then 100% we need someone that has his base qualities and all I can see now is Nkuku.

Disagree completely about them being world class when they joined us, I had no idea how Mane would turn out other than the hatrick he scored against us while playing for Southampton, I did not really think much of him at the time. As for Salah - if truth be told, the way he has performed this 2nd half of the season is the Salah performances I was expecting when he signed for us so I was not over the moon at signing him. I don't think that Klopp and the coaching team are doing just those things you have stated, they do a lot more with each individual player. The system we play makes it easy for them to thrive with their qualities as a footballer. If we had a choice between who goes and who stays then I would rather sell Salah, and keep Mane. The one thing I have learnt about LFC over the years is that we always get or make a striker out of any player that wants it badly.

Since Torres, I feel no worries or attachments to specific players, its easy to see that both have had their eyes turned by big money now, and we can't compete adequately to satisfy them so what's the point in feeling sad or upset/worried about them leaving ? - they got their current world class status playing for us, and if we can do it for them we can do it for the next player. I have full trust in Klopp and the coaching team.

On a personal note - if Mane leaves we should go all out for Nkuku, then we need replacements for both Divok/Taki and a dynamic midfielder of some sort, that really is box to box. I think with midfielders it can go either way, it is likely we may pick up a gem or two for the 25M mark that can thrive in our league - they don't have to be too expensive. But if Mane leaves - then 100% we need someone that has his base qualities and all I can see now is Nkuku.

Yeah, but that’s YOU looking at Mane and Salah and thinking you know what they’re going to deliver.

Mane’s league goal return has been pretty consistent (spiked in 18/19 & 19/20). Salah stats have gone up, but his 2 full previous seasons were good.

Klopp working with players individually is kind of what I mean by using all facets at his disposal.

I know nothing about Nkuku - so I’ve no idea.

Sports Illustrated

Reports suggest that Mohamed Salah has almost signed a new contract extension with Liverpool. The Egyptian King's future has been in doubt for months, despite him publicly stating his desire to stay on numerous occasions. After months of speculation and uncertainty, the Mohamed Salah contract saga is almost over.

Sports Illustrated

Reports suggest that Mohamed Salah has almost signed a new contract extension with Liverpool. The Egyptian King's future has been in doubt for months, despite him publicly stating his desire to stay on numerous occasions. After months of speculation and uncertainty, the Mohamed Salah contract saga is almost over.

We've been here before. Here's hoping this time it's the genuine article.

Didn't the athletic say that if he left , he'd want to stay in the prem?

Absolute nightmare fuel that

Salah won’t stay. Accept it and move on peeps

it’s like that girl you still fancy and love after she’s dumped you. She’s not having you back. And yes, she’s gonna be with someone else very soon. Accept it and move on.

It's rare that someone leaves us and does better. If he wants to sit on city's bench that's up to him

Salah won’t stay. Accept it and move on peeps

it’s like that girl you still fancy and love after she’s dumped you. She’s not having you back. And yes, she’s gonna be with someone else very soon. Accept it and move on.

It's more like this. We're a slut and we still look good.

Screenshot-2021-05-18-at-16.40.22.png

[article]Egypt coach Ehab Galal admits Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah played injured for victory over Guinea.

Egypt won their African Cup of Nations qualifier 1-0 on Sunday.

Galal admits Salah rejected Liverpool's request for a scan on the injury as he wanted to take part in the tie.

"Salah was hit by an injury, but he played through it," said the Pharoahs coach.

"He rejected Liverpool's request to have an X-ray taken before the match, but that will be done now."[/article]

I've been worried they might do something like this. There's been a lot of talk about Real Madrid but it would surprise me if Salah was OK with going there after what Ramos did to him in Kyiv. Barcelona on the other hand would attract most players and Salah may well like the fact that they're Real's bitter rivals.

End of an era.

Goodbye Salah, Mane and Bobby.

Hello Harvey, Fabio and Diaz ? Maybe in another 2-3 more years.

I’d be really amazed if Klopp wins another league title before he finally leaves.

End of an era.

Goodbye Salah, Mane and Bobby.

Hello Harvey, Fabio and Diaz ? Maybe in another 2-3 more years.

I’d be really amazed if Klopp wins another league title before he finally leaves.
I’d also be shocked if he won another league with those three players as first choice. Because it wouldn’t be. Obviously.

Maybe that mysterious, ‘not about the money’ demand that Salah kept alluding to was that we sold Mane? Very suspicious that as soon as Mane is looking like leaving, Salah is suddenly ready to sign again.

I am joking, by the way. It is totally about the money. And I still doubt he will sign.

While that's lovely to hear, the cynic in me would like to ask some of the more financially astute people on here whether there are any tax exemptions to be gained when making large charitable donations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom