• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Salah, the man for the big/all occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it. Based on what? Algorithms? Last season?
No offence to you of course my king, but I HATE stats like this.

Its a stat that counts all the shots taken from different zones on the pitch and whether or not they went in - across the league over a long period of time.

So having scored more goals than you would expect overall can be indicative that someone is particularly skilled . But equally it can simply be luck, luck being the factors outside his control (goalkeepers, defenders, deflections etc etc)

So one season of Xg data doesn't tell us anything about Mo. If he's had a few seasons of outperforming expected goals then it's indicative of his ability.

If i had to guess I'd say it's a combination of the way we play + his ability that is the main factor involved. Our quick counters produce higher quality chances and he takes them.
That said i'd be amazed if he could score practically a goal a game next season

DbjlywAW4AA_FG-.jpg:large

Who was the whopper journo saying he went missing in big matches back in August? a semi in the champions league against your club from last year seems nigh on as big as the come and boy did Salah deliver.

What a man.

Stevie: "Without a shadow a doubt, he is a the best player on the planet right now."

Last edited:
My knowledge of this is weak - but I recall an Olympic rower sought exemption for fasting during a race season buy making contributions to his community instead. I wonder if that is the same thing here..

My knowledge of this is weak - but I recall an Olympic rower sought exemption for fasting during a race season buy making contributions to his community instead. I wonder if that is the same thing here..

He is the Mohammed. I think he make the call's himself.

An imam has said before that in exceptional sporting circumstances, like an event that happens rarely, exemption can be sought and the fasting can be done at another time with works of charity. It all depends on the piety of the athlete though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom