• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Schmack down…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Hughes
@Simon_Hughes__

Liverpool will appoint a sporting director before a manager. Examined where that search is at and how FSG got there. Two new names under discussion are Ricky Massara (ex Milan, and available) and Florent Ghisolfi (currently with Nice, a trickier get).

"Frederic Massara, the former director of football at AC Milan, has been under consideration. The Italian, who moved to Milan from Roma in 2019, is on gardening leave and would be available to start the job immediately, which is attractive to Liverpool because of their need to source a manager.

Milan are owned by RedBird Capital, who have a stake in FSG."

The way it's worded, it seems to be suggesting Massara might have endorsement from RedBird Capital. However, they were the ones who sacked him and Maldini. :sneaky::p

On a sidenote, Florent Ghisolfi's appointment of Francesco Farioli at Nice has been a considerable success till date. His appointment of Franck Haise while he was at Lens was also one that worked.

View: https://twitter.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1759928172135530536

View: https://twitter.com/TheDevilsDNA/status/1759857673020084252

Last edited:
Former Liverpool sports chief Jorg Schmadtke says it was the right decision to leave.

Schmadtke insists staying while manager Jurgen Klopp was to depart would've been the wrong decision.

"I didn't observe [Klopp walking on water], but he has special abilities," Schmadtke told Die Zeit. "When he enters a room with four tired people sitting at the table, he recharges them. After a few minutes they are fit again and full of energy. It's quite amazing.

"He is an exception when it comes to signing new players. If a transfer is not possible, then he accepts it - and falls in love with another player. I really appreciated that, there aren't many coaches who can do that.

"This gift made our collaboration easier. Unlike the clubs in Germany, in Liverpool I was responsible for the transfers, but I mainly worked with Jurgen. I stopped everyone from knocking on his door.
I no longer wanted to be part of the change process that began with the new coach."

Former Liverpool sports chief Jorg Schmadtke admits he underestimated Dominik Szoboszlai.

Schmadtke concedes he argued against paying so much for the Hungary midfielder last summer'.

He told Di Ziet, "It was only fair for me to vacate my chair in time. You have to make mistakes in order to get better. I could certainly have saved myself some public statements. [Some transfers cost] eight figures. Now in Liverpool there was someone who cost 70million (euros), Dominik Szoboszlai, who we brought from Leipzig.

"Then I said: 'It's too expensive'. From today's perspective, that was a misjudgment on my part. The boy was an important Liverpool player from day one.

"He performed better than I would have expected him to."

How good is Hughes? I don't remember any of us picking out one of their players and wishing he played for us or even thinking he was a good fit

Poor the Lloyd-Kelly.. does he know you e moved on?

@bluebell - so what are we looking for now for January ? - are we going to go in for a DM ? or what ? - I need some real links.
Lloyd Kelly someone I mentioned in the summer is being continually linked
[article]
Liverpool are reportedly favourites to sign Lloyd Kelly in the January window after it emerged that Bournemouth would be unable to resist a lowly offer for the defender, who also figures highly on Tottenham and Newcastle United’s wish lists.

[/article]

Poor the Lloyd-Kelly.. does he know you e moved on?

Lloyd Kelly someone I mentioned in the summer is being continually linked
[article]
Liverpool are reportedly favourites to sign Lloyd Kelly in the January window after it emerged that Bournemouth would be unable to resist a lowly offer for the defender, who also figures highly on Tottenham and Newcastle United’s wish lists.

[/article]
Lloyd Kelly was always a squad player, a cheap alternative to Colwill. The only reason I picked him out was due to him being cheap. If he had 2-3 years left on his contract, I would have not mentioned him.

Lloyd Kelly was always a squad player, a cheap alternative to Colwill. The only reason I picked him out was due to him being cheap. If he had 2-3 years left on his contract, I would have not mentioned him.

Be that as it may… you “picked him” and “wished he played for us”.

I’m sure there’s others - I’d lay odds you wanted us to sign Alex Scott.

As a dark horse - I’d chuck Max Aarons in there as being on one of your RB lists.

On the money… that’s you replying Fabio

I don't think a 25 year old injury prone chiesa is who we should be selling Salah for.

I'm sure there's much better players
If Salah was sold, we'd still have 4 FWs.. I'd look to get a few young talents through, like Gift Orban, Alex Scott and Levi Colwill.

And for the win… you replying to Froggie

So FSG are cunts and this season is fucked.

Let's pretend that it's next summer, Henry forgets his wallet in Liverpool and we have a 150M "war chest".

How do you sort this shit show out?
We need recruits in Jan
Douglas Luiz or Danilo (or both)
Alex Mac Allister
Ascensio
Summer spend £110m on the Napoli player and a Homegrown RB someone like Max Aarons.

And for the win… you replying to Froggie

We need recruits in Jan
Douglas Luiz or Danilo (or both)
Alex Mac Allister
Ascensio
Summer spend £110m on the Napoli player and a Homegrown RB someone like Max Aarons.
KeniFrog?

Be that as it may… you “picked him” and “wished he played for us”.

I’m sure there’s others - I’d lay odds you wanted us to sign Alex Scott.

As a dark horse - I’d chuck Max Aarons in there as being on one of your RB lists.
Alex Scott when he was at Bristol and Max Aarons when he was at Norwich as cover for Trent. I had forgotten Alex Scott played for the Cherries and had no idea Aarons played for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom