• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should we loan Raheem Sterling out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Footy365 had an interesting piece and mentioned Raheem:

Raheem Sterling to Swansea
This is one that would just seem to make sense for everyone involved. If the back half of last season is anything to go by, Sterling isn't likely to play every week for Liverpool, especially since they've just signed Luis Alberto and Iago Aspas, players who at the very least are comfortable on the wings. So why not a season-long loan somewhere that will enhance his game? Somewhere that Brendan Rodgers is reasonably familiar with? Somewhere he's unlikely to be scrapping for relegation? Somewhere he'll learn more about possession and counter-attacking football? It seems almost too obvious...

A loan would be excellent for him - more playing time, in a similar system to Rodgers' and will have the chance to play in Europe too.

He isnt good enough to play more than a bit part role at Swansea.
Its a stupid idea.

Footy365 had an interesting piece and mentioned Raheem:

A loan would be excellent for him - more playing time, in a similar system to Rodgers' and will have the chance to play in Europe too.

Think this will depend on whether Suarez leaves, to be honest. Raheem and Coutinho for the left forward spot would be fine by me, considering the limited amount of games we'd be playing this year. I think Luis Alberto will be used in the no. 10 role.

_68544494_royhodgson1.jpg

This will happen...

they want Ince but refuse to pay 8 mill asking price.. Loaning Sterling is a no Brainer...

He will easily play 20-25 games for them...

why can't he get 20-30 games (starts and subs) backing up Dyer, Pablo and Routledge?
Why cant he do that here?
Or go to a club where he will start week in week out like Palace or Cardiff?

Why cant he do that here?
Or go to a club where he will start week in week out like Palace or Cardiff?

Here he won't - his ideal position will be occupied by Aspas, Downing (**shudder**) & Coutinho, with Suarez too if he starts Suarez & Sturridge together.

Palace and Cardiff are good shouts ... Basically, he has to go on loan to get more experience imo ...

Ross - stop hijacking the thread.

we have Apsas, Downing, Borini, Suarez, Alberto, Coutinho, Sturridge that all can play in the forward 3..

we have Apsas, Downing, Borini, Suarez, Alberto, Coutinho, Sturridge that all can play in the forward 3..
Downing and Suarez will be gone by August 31st.
Sturridge will play through the middle with Borini for back up leaving
Aspas, Sterling, Alberto to fill the wide roles with Coutinho in behind.
We arent as well equipped as people seem to think, certainly not enough to strengthen top half teams.

We arent as well equipped as people seem to think, certainly not enough to strengthen top half teams.

Downing & Suarez will be here after August 31st.... with them in, we will be well equipped...

With no Europe this season, Sterling just won't get the game time.. We should maybe loan him out with a recall option to bring him back in December... Suso should be loaned out on a Season long loan...

Here he won't - his ideal position will be occupied by Aspas, Downing (**shudder**) & Coutinho, with Suarez too if he starts Suarez & Sturridge together.

Palace and Cardiff are good shouts ... Basically, he has to go on loan to get more experience imo ...

Ross - stop hijacking the thread.

Will you start giving threads proper titles then to let us know what it's about?

If Suarez and Downing leave it stands to reason that a couple more attacking players will come in, doesn't it?

Bit that isn't where Alberto played is it?

Where he played for Seville or Barca B, do you mean? Yeah he's played there for both. But he's also played left forward and right forward, as well as "False 9".

I'm not particularly basing my opinion on expert inside knowledge or anything, I just think he'll end up being a no.10

If Suarez and Downing leave it stands to reason that a couple more attacking players will come in, doesn't it?
Yeah fair comment.
Like I said I dont mind him going, but id rather it be a club he play at a lot and not be back up.

I wouldn't be against him going out on loan.

Rodgers has said he wants to bring in another attacker, which would leave us with six players for three positions (and that's not including Suarez and Downing so as not to get dragged into that debate).

In recent years we've been all too happy to let players rot in the stands at crucial stages of their career and whilst I don't think Sterling necessarily has to play 30-40 games next season in order to progress, it surely would be far from ideal to limit him to the odd sub and cup game.

My problem with letting Sterling go out isn't a lack of cover in general, but that we don't really have any other wingers apart from Downing, nor are we being linked to any.

Get rid of him. He's shit, didnt score enough goals and didnt tear up the league in his first full season.

I mean, ffs, we should have got 4th if he wasn't out fathering loads of kids.

Sell the fucking disloyal cunt.

I may get slated for suggesting this, but personally, I won't be against him being loaned out to a Championship club. 1stly, the chances of him starting games is much higher - the no. of 46 league games alone is higher than that of 38 in EPL, and there's earlier rounds of cup ties to be played too. 2ndly, it'll toughen him up. The Championship is no easy league. Look at how relegated teams struggle to get out of it (yes, I know there's other factors involved).

Going to QPR and helping his old club gain promotion would be sweet for both club and player. Wigan with Owen Coyle and their style of football is a decent option too. Both clubs' managers have experience developing players and getting the best out of young loanees.

I think he's already better than some here are suggesting, obviously he did fade after his first few months.

I'd be quite happy for him to stay and play for his place. If Rodgers doesn't think he'll start many, then fair enough, send him out. He should easily play enough games for a Premiership side though.

I may get slated for suggesting this, but personally, I won't be against him being loaned out to a Championship club. 1stly, the chances of him starting games is much higher - the no. of 46 league games alone is higher than that of 38 in EPL, and there's earlier rounds of cup ties to be played too. 2ndly, it'll toughen him up. The Championship is no easy league. Look at how relegated teams struggle to get out of it (yes, I know there's other factors involved).

Going to QPR and helping his old club gain promotion would be sweet for both club and player. Wigan with Owen Coyle and their style of football is a decent option too. Both clubs' managers have experience developing players and getting the best out of young loanees.
Very good shout

Wait until he's played in the warm-up games. Maybe he'll absolutely dazzle people, maybe he'll look no different to last season. Then either use him or loan him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom