• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should we loan Raheem Sterling out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will probably be a loan to a Championship club so that we can recall him if we have to.
Wigan would be a great place for him.

I do like the idea of a loan so Sterling can get a full season of play in, and Wigan is a good fit because they will have all those extra Europa matches. Probably a move that helps all parties involved, which is a nice bonus.

But surely the whole point is we don't want him playing 38 or 42 games a season at his age - or he'll be fucked by the time he's 22.

He does need games, but not too many games.

I think he'll have an opportunity to start games for us and also would be a great "impact sub" option to cone on in the 65th minute and run at tiring defenses. Throw in a few reserve games, etc and might be enough.

The longer he trains with our future first team core squad, the better a unit they will be in future.

Why can't you have a number 10 role? It's just a variation of 433 with the point of the midfield three pushed behind the central forward. You can do what the fuck you like with any system. I'm sure someone will call it 4213 or whatever, but it's all bollocks, it's just a variation of the set up.

As for Sterling, in the first part of last season he was excellent at times and didn't look out of place for England, suggesting he isn't good enough at this stage to push for a place for Swansea is bollocks, he's good enough and has a season behind him now. I think it'd be a good move, but it does leave us short on cover.

I was expecting Ryan to tear Ross a new one about 4-3-3, and that we wont play the same system week in week out.

But, to add to that. When we've played a 4-3-3, several times the left forward was told to stay more central. This happened with both Shelvey, Luis and Henderson.
Luis Alberto can play in the same role.

Why can't you have a number 10 role? It's just a variation of 433 with the point of the midfield three pushed behind the central forward. You can do what the fuck you like with any system. I'm sure someone will call it 4213 or whatever, but it's all bollocks, it's just a variation of the set up.

As for Sterling, in the first part of last season he was excellent at times and didn't look out of place for England, suggesting he isn't good enough at this stage to push for a place for Swansea is bollocks, he's good enough and has a season behind him now. I think it'd be a good move, but it does leave us short on cover.

You can have a number 10 role. It's just that no one would ever play it in a 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom