• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sin Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't need a sin bin if the referees could just implement the existing rules

True, and with sin bin isn't going to stop/solve anything, just naive decisions by people who have no clue about football.

Players will still show dissent towards refs because trying to eradicate emotion out the game is like trying to convince Boris lying about partygate was a good idea.

I do admit however it would be pretty funny to see 3-4 players from one team surrounding the ref and seeing if he has the courage of his conviction to send them all to the sin bin and we're left seeing 11v7 for 10 mins. That would be HILARIOUS and all the more, the idea this could happen 2....3......4 times every game. LOVE IT.

I do admit however it would be pretty funny to see 3-4 players from one team surrounding the ref and seeing if he has the courage of his conviction to send them all to the sin bin and we're left seeing 11v7 for 10 mins. That would be HILARIOUS and all the more, the idea this could happen 2....3......4 times every game. LOVE IT.

I'm not advocating for a sin bin, but in your scenario it would only happen once. Then it wouldn't happen.

I'm not advocating for a sin bin, but in your scenario it would only happen once. Then it wouldn't happen.

If they implement the rules correctly, this would be the case. But at present it should also be yellows for dissent for players approaching the ref and talking back - but it isn't. There should be many more yellows for 'simulation' i.e. players going down holding their heads when replays show that they have been touched on the chest not the face etc.

I'd have faith if the threat of a sin bin would improve the game. If anything it will replace real yellow cards as a lesser punishment.

Sin bins work fine in hockey but I always felt it a bit unfair / arbitrary that the referee decides when you come back on. If he forgets you could be out for a good 20 minutes

Also, can you sin bin a keeper? It doesnt make sense unless you also have unlimited substitutions, and can sub players back on

My question on this is, was Jones’ challenge a yellow, red, sin bin or no foul?

Utterly unnecessary, won’t solve the problem it wants to fix and will create countless others.

I’d suggest a different tactic. At the end of each round or week or whatever, cite all instances of dissent to a disciplinary panel that sits on the Tuesday afternoon and either hit each instance with a ban or set a threshold for citations that triggers a ban.

Makevthe criteria for citations clear - fuck off these kicking the ball away “sometimes gets a yellow card” or some players can scream at the ref all the like while others get booked for smiling.

Quick yes or no from a 3 person panel on clear criteria - no appeals, you can challenge but if you’re unsuccessful the penalty doubles.

Frequent Flying Cunts will wrack up points and it’ll potentially (if you have a threshold) allow for a bit of OTT emotion without ruining the match.

Cite absolutely everything as well - don’t leave up to the Ref, don’t waste their time having to dish out cards and slowing the game down. It’ll also remove Ref bias and inconsistency and the need for real time quick decisions with huge ramifications that could be innocuous.

Introduce it for blatant time wasting too.

Make that cunt Howard Webb explain in detail why any blatant transgression isn’t cited.

Also… apply in consistently throughout the season - not just like they appear to have done with the kicking the ball away and quietly forget about it after the first 10 games.

Also - dissent from Captains gets double penalties - I don’t want that cunt Fernandez at Utd thinking being captain gives him license to legitimately moan to the ref about every decision.

Citation for brandishing imaginary cards too.

Then bring in video review of play acting and diving - that diving cunt Gordon will spend half the season in the stands.

Also, can you sin bin a keeper? It doesnt make sense unless you also have unlimited substitutions, and can sub players back on

Also what happen ls if someone gets sin-binned for dissent over a decision that then gets overturned by VAR - would that mean that you’re allowed to dissent wrong decisions or that a refs bad decision could result in a penalty despite a decision reversal or even double punishment.

In hockey, another player serves the time on behalf of the keeper.

And penalty durations are objective, not subjective in hockey. You come out when time is done into the midst of play (odd scenario when you rejoin at the next stoppage in play).

Endo would need to decorate that sin bin as his own living room if this is introduced. Some slippers, a pipe and a comfy chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom