• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

So we're on the hunt for a new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with ya mate. How would you feel if he came back though ?

I honestly don't know at this stage mate, i'm still trying to get my head around the fact that Kenny seems to be gone.

Don't get me wrong you can make a strong argument for bringing Rafa back, it just seems that it could cause a lot of problems and have the potential to turn to shite very quickly.

i see sami has just had his contract extended at leverkusen although i don't fully understand his role as 'team chief' and the other lad as coach . Anyway imagine he proves good at this malarkey and takes over at us someday .

They went against their original ideals once & I highly doubt that they'll do it again.

It'll be a young manager.

hopefully one that plays football in the correct manner that actually has an identity, not just flinging lots of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. if we are going to tread water for a while (and we are) we may as well build towards something.

Bring in Roberto Martinez. Fuck it, it's a risk, but we have certainly taken plenty of them over the past two years.

hopefully one that plays football in the correct manner that actually has an identity, not just flinging lots of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. if we are going to tread water for a while (and we are) we may as well build towards something.

So that'll be Martinez then.

I really don't get the point with Martinez, he's not without his flaws. He has potential but his teams have had as many downs as they have ups, there's also no evidence to say that he would have us defending as well as some of his teams have attacked on occasion. It'd be interesting to see if he can make the step up, but if we're going to change manager, I'd rather see someone with some pedigree.

What aspects are those?

ok 'many' was probably a bit over the top . i guess they'll like how he had success with valencia , punching above their weight against so called bigger teams, same with us in his first season . How's he obsessed with attention to detail , how alot of the current youth setup was done under him , how most of the better players still here are his signings .

hey , i don't want him back , i just feel he might be their type of manager .

Why AVB? I don't think he will be looking to come back to England after his horrendous time here.

I was just going to say because we're not a sacking club but for him to be hired it will be 4 managers in 2 years, maybe we can assure him we're really REALLY not going to sack him before 3 years

Something funny Andy?

zWNdE.jpg

How did Rafa start it ?

Xabi had been poop for a bit, hadn't he ?

He'd been a bit below his mercurial best, but he was never "poop". I think that's revisionism, to be honest.

Besides, a sub-par Xabi was still streets ahead of the available alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom