• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who do we want/expect/hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the majority of fans want Rafa back, I believe FSG will be making a mistake if they do not at least speak with the Spaniard even if they decide (as expected) against offering him the position.

Benitez probably set it up himself. He has been quiet lately, so must have been doing something

Serious question: why's it always you with the snide digs at him? You never seem to let an opportnity pass, certainly far less than Ross or Oncey or one of our other numerous 'haters'. I honestly don't get the attitude - anyone would think it was something personal.

I realise, by the way, that I'm setting myself up for the opposite accusation in again leaping to his defence, but then I'd say that's the operative word: 'defence'.

Given that the majority of fans want Rafa back, I believe FSG will be making a mistake if they do not at least speak with the Spaniard even if they decide (as expected) against offering him the position.

Not only is that something of a sweeping statement, but I am not sure they would be especially keen on having the choice made by a vocal section of fans again.

I am not sure they ever wanted Kenny, but were kind of rail-roaded into it, and may have seen it as a good way to get the fans onside early on.

Imagine if Benitez goes onto to be a bit shit and really annoying again. The owners sack him. So what would that be? Sacking two managers who are supposedly the fans' choices two years running? Suddenly what seems like good PR becomes a total disaster!

When Ged was sacked we spoke to Rafa not because he was in his 40s, or Spanish, or political. We spoke to him because he seemed the right man for the job. It's how it has to be done if you want to progress on the pitch rather than make a nerd's blueprint a reality or please commercial interests.

Serious question: why's it always you with the snide digs at him? You never seem to let an opportnity pass, certainly far less than Ross or Oncey or one of our other numerous 'haters'. I honestly don't get the attitude - anyone would think it was something personal.

I realise, by the way, that I'm setting myself up for the opposite accusation in again leaping to his defence, but then I'd say that's the operative word: 'defence'.

Hmmm. I kinda wish I had waited before posting by last post now.

Sorry, I just think Benitez is dire. That's not a problem in itself, lots of managers are dire. But what makes it even worse is that he is also extremely overrated.

It just seems crazy to me to get him back. Sorry about that.

Hi this is my first post in new SCM and I'd probably get flamed for this but I'd really like Martinez as manager.

I don't get the hate and negativity and sad moaning about 'what have we become, we are the mighty Liverpool' "he is the next Hodgson" yadayadaya... When has Liverpool ever appointed a manager with experience? He has more experience as a manager than Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish or Souness had when they took over. Rafa was a failure at Valladolid, Osasuna and Extramadura before Valencia. Houllier won a title in....France. yay The one manager that had major experience WAS Roy Hodgson. (<--England Manager. Let's get him)

I don't even need to mention Arsene, Ferguson, RDM, Louis Van Gaal, Pep Guardiola, Frank De Boer.......

Selecting a manager is a like selecting a player. Good managers don't just sit around thinking "I'll buy Man City's top scorer". They buy the Cristiano Ronaldos, Didier Drogbas and Sami Hyypias of this world. Not because they have "won something" but because they see something special. Good owners look for a tactical mind, good man management, media savvy, a rock hard character, a long term vision, love for the club and balls of steel , not just some fat old man who has "won something".

Even while RM was with Swansea, you could see he has a vision for attacking football. This is the guy who is always talking about building the club. He wants to build a dynasty. All the superfans on Rawk and here keep moooaning about how impatient the owners are in sacking Kenny Dalglish even though he only had the lowest points total since forever: "Modern fans want instant success!!" "Owners are all about the short term!!" "Liverpool exists to win the Carling Cup!" "we have to build from somewhere" but the moment someone who isn't (1) an superstar manager or (2) Rafael Benitez is mooted they all go crazy.

If any, NOW is the time to try out someone new, fresh, ambitious, intelligent and who lives and breathes ATTACKING FOOTBALL. What have we got to lose? The Carling Cup? (ho ho ho)our precious 8th place?. I don't want AVB, or Capello or RafafuckingBenitez. I know what they're going to bring to the club: MEDIOCRITY. Same old same old. Top five. Defend Defend Defend.

Christ almighty, this is embarrassing: www.talktorafa.com
probably dreamt up on RAWK or by the SOS lot

Ha ....so these numpties are supposedly e-mailing directly to Henry ? I'm sure he'll fucking love this and think "hmm i'm quite happy my mail box is being attacked like this and it's opened my eyes , i need to talk with Rafa !" . Christ almighty .

I'll be honest , some of the shit our fans do nowadays is fucking embarrassing , from shite like this to crap SOS mails . I mean people slag off RAWK etc but from what i can see they're the majority !! . fuck me.

Hmmm. I kinda wish I had waited before posting by last post now.

Sorry, I just think Benitez is dire. That's not a problem in itself, lots of managers are dire. But what makes it even worse is that he is also extremely overrated.

It just seems crazy to me to get him back. Sorry about that.

Don't apologise for that, I couldn't give a fuck what you think about that. It's just the constant, mean-spirited, jibes I find annoying.

Hi this is my first post in new SCM and I'd probably get flamed for this but I'd really like Martinez as manager.

I don't get the hate and negativity and sad moaning about 'what have we become, we are the mighty Liverpool' "he is the next Hodgson" yadayadaya... When has Liverpool ever appointed a manager with experience? He has more experience as a manager than Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish or Souness had when they took over. Rafa was a failure at Valladolid, Osasuna and Extramadura before Valencia. Houllier won a title in....France. yay The one manager that had major experience WAS Roy Hodgson. (<--England Manager. Let's get him)

I don't even need to mention Arsene, Ferguson, RDM, Louis Van Gaal, Pep Guardiola, Frank De Boer.......

Selecting a manager is a like selecting a player. Good managers don't just sit around thinking "I'll buy Man City's top scorer". They buy the Cristiano Ronaldos, Didier Drogbas and Sami Hyypias of this world. Not because they have "won something" but because they see something special. Good owners look for a tactical mind, good man management, media savvy, a rock hard character, a long term vision, love for the club and balls of steel , not just some fat old man who has "won something".

Even while RM was with Swansea, you could see he has a vision for attacking football. This is the guy who is always talking about building the club. He wants to build a dynasty. All the superfans on Rawk and here keep moooaning about how impatient the owners are in sacking Kenny Dalglish even though he only had the lowest points total since forever: "Modern fans want instant success!!" "Owners are all about the short term!!" "Liverpool exists to win the Carling Cup!" "we have to build from somewhere" but the moment someone who isn't (1) an superstar manager or (2) Rafael Benitez is mooted they all go crazy.

If any, NOW is the time to try out someone new, fresh, ambitious, intelligent and who lives and breathes ATTACKING FOOTBALL. What have we got to lose? The Carling Cup? (ho ho ho)our precious 8th place?. I don't want AVB, or Capello or RafafuckingBenitez. I know what they're going to bring to the club: MEDIOCRITY. Same old same old. Top five. Defend Defend Defend.

Welcome to the site Hyena - Kicked off with a great first post. It's a good point. I think the issue most people have with him is his record for clubs so far. It's pretty appalling to be fair. 33% win rate?!! It's hard to see something special about that. You're points all apply perfectly to AVB but you disregard him as bringing mediocrity. Seems to me you have a paradox there.

great first post, and i completely agree, well, id prefer AVB myself but id still be happy with martinez for the reasons you said

Not only is that something of a sweeping statement, but I am not sure they would be especially keen on having the choice made by a vocal section of fans again.

I am not sure they ever wanted Kenny, but were kind of rail-roaded into it, and may have seen it as a good way to get the fans onside early on.

Imagine if Benitez goes onto to be a bit shit and really annoying again. The owners sack him. So what would that be? Sacking two managers who are supposedly the fans' choices two years running? Suddenly what seems like good PR becomes a total disaster!

You misunderstand me. Bearing in mind the amount of people they are "sounding out" about the position, what harm would it do to at least speak to the man who currently tops the fans polls for the job? It's not as if Benitez is not qualified. FSG's ultimate choice may be better received by the fans if he was chosen instead of the Spaniard after having granted him an interview.

I used the 'talktorafa' website to tell the Owners to do what's best for the club. If that means Rafa, talk to him. If not, don't talk to him. Just do what's best for Liverpool.

Who knows what Rafa could do if he came in now.. With blank sheets, a team who is about to settle together and still a cuple of years before the yanks go mad on the club (again)....

He would probably do great. Downing got his act together and got sold for horsefood (cause there is a unkknown chilean young star good at crossing), Carroll bagging a 20+ from the wing and being sold to Italy for peanuts (there is a guy that scored ten last season who will fit), Lucas commanding the midfield and being benched for a season (Ngono Mfufa will cut it, just wait) etc etc.

Rafa is never happy with what he got and necver focus on what he got. he is ALWAYS talking about the one he doesnt have.

Good one Hyena.

I was thinking about Martinez today and two things sprung to mind:

1) He has to recycle his team every year due to financial constraints so no wonder it takes time every season for them to get up a head of steam.
2) He didn't half show some balls with 10 games to go to switch to an even more attacking 3-4-3 formation. Do you know any other manager who, faced with relegation, would increase his teams attacking intent? They all tend to get more conservative and try and grind out the odd 1-0.

There's still better out there, but Martinez might just prove an inspired gamble (with an experienced DOF).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom