• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Soton (H), 12th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
where was ramsay?

Read that it’s more than likely they managing his time/games as he’s just got back from injury, and he played full 90 in last game.

Edit;
Also absent is Jordan Henderson, who has been granted personal leave, though there is no explanation forthcoming for Curtis Jones or Calvin Ramsay.
Jones was not part of the rotated squad for the Carabao Cup third-round tie on Wednesday, having been expected to start, and has suffered a number of injury problems this season.
Ramsay played the full 90 minutes on a busy night against Derby, and may simply have been omitted as Liverpool manage his fitness.

Darwin ends the first half of the season with 18 games and 9 goals.
After a difficult start he is really starting to gel with the team and playing with confidence.

Really chuffed for him and cant wait for the second half.
Except he's played nowhere near 18 games when you convert the minutes he's actually played ! Now imagine he had started every game, how many he'd have?

Jurgen Klopp may have been proven right once again after the officiating team’s treatment of Mo Salah during the 3-1 win over Southampton.

The Egyptian King was taken down inside the penalty box as he was getting his shot away but both the on-field referee and the team back at Stockley Park felt the incident didn’t merit the award of a spot-kick.
Granted, the No.11 didn’t go down to the turf when he perhaps should have, though we hardly see why he should be penalised for attempting to play a fair game.
It goes to show that Klopp had absolutely every right to vent his frustrations during the 1-0 win over Manchester City when his top scorer was being mauled across the pitch.
Further to the point, it begs the question as to why the FA was so keen on ensuring our head coach got his touchline ban after an initial review settled on a fine.

Hurrah - the curse is broken - I do not need to sacrifice myself!!!

I watched the game - we won and Darwin scored!!

This is perfect timing for us to go on a run of wins before Christmas and push our way into the…. Oh wait… fer fucks sake!!!

Hurrah - the curse is broken - I do not need to sacrifice myself!!!

I watched the game - we won and Darwin scored!!

This is perfect timing for us to go on a run of wins before Christmas and push our way into the…. Oh wait… fer fucks sake!!!

No no - we still have not won 3 PL games in a row, so please stay on the altar, we will be sharpening our knives just in case.

All three of Allison’s brilliant saves were following Gomez errors. All three. Ball watching on his heels for two of them.
Watched it back and realised you are right. Klopp needs to make a decision on what to do with him. He's full of errors and we are not even halfway through the season.

All three of Allison’s brilliant saves were following Gomez errors. All three. Ball watching on his heels for two of them.
Whilst this is true (note not for their goal though), and what I'm about to say may sound like heresy or at best a little contentious, I thought Ali could/should have got to the ball - when Adams got his head to the ball it was about 6 yds out and just above head height. I don't get why Ali wouldn't have come for that - unless maybe the flight was a little tricky and from Ward-Prowse that's likely.

Screenshot-2022-11-13-at-17-02-48.png

Whilst this is true (note not for their goal though), and what I'm about to say may sound like heresy or at best a little contentious, I thought Ali could/should have got to the ball - when Adams got his head to the ball it was about 6 yds out and just above head height. I don't get why Ali wouldn't have come for that - unless maybe the flight was a little tricky and from Ward-Prowse that's likely.

Screenshot-2022-11-13-at-17-02-48.png

I think he'd agree with you as he was pissed afterward, and it seems that it was more at himself than any player

nice win, but F me Allison had to bail us out. Still very defensively suspect, IMHO
I find watching Gomez and Trent hard. Its like having Lovren back again. I'd sell Gomez if a sizable offer came in and Trent is just shit at defending, just looks like he can't be bothered.

Watched it back and realised you are right. Klopp needs to make a decision on what to do with him. He's full of errors and we are not even halfway through the season.
It’s the cognitive dissonance that gets me boiling. He was fucking awful yesterday and could have easily cost us the game and yet he gets 7/10 across the board in most ratings. There drop off from Konate (who isn’t even anywhere near his ceiling yet) or Matip (who is a genuine 7+/10 every game) is huge.

We have to either put our faith in Phillips in games against sides like Southampton with aerial power but little pace, or get a Cb in who we can rely on as 4th choice.

what is most irritating to me is how he can be superb, like against city, then fall off a cliff the next game
you get the feeling he is more than good enough, then he has a gaffe, showing his true self again
it is like a bird that keeps you just warm enough to remain keen

It’s the cognitive dissonance that gets me boiling. He was fucking awful yesterday and could have easily cost us the game and yet he gets 7/10 across the board in most ratings. There drop off from Konate (who isn’t even anywhere near his ceiling yet) or Matip (who is a genuine 7+/10 every game) is huge.

We have to either put our faith in Phillips in games against sides like Southampton with aerial power but little pace, or get a Cb in who we can rely on as 4th choice.

As one of JoeGo's biggest fans, I've been very very disappointed in him the last few weeks - I think he's been our worst defender with Trent.
He was doing well early on in the season but he's in a bad place again it seems.
I do wonder if its corrigible or if we should try and get 30-40 million from some club in the summer.

I didn’t think Gomez was that bad.

Mind you it was after 2am and I’d had a fair few wines.m and could barely keep my eyes open.

Maybe it’s better to watch Gomez while at least partly tanked.

When Trent and Gomez are with feets of one another in the our box or near our box, shit goes wrong.
How long will people give Konate? all that fucking size and muscle but is delicate as Naby.

I am not sure if it's just his character on a whole that's the issue. Watching various interviews from his teammates Gomez came across as a very chill character. Which seems to reflect how he is when he is defending. He tends to cruise around and is very passive in defending, not unlike Trent. They react, instead of being proactive to keep close, to block the attackers and do abit of dark arts to ruffle the attackers. They just hang around waiting for things to happen, then they react. He might be a good defender 1v1, but when he doesn't get close enough to prevent a first time strike, he is almost useless.

Like the 3 chances Alisson saved, he was just completely lost, with all his physical attributes he can't react fast enough just by following the ball (instead of his man). He might actually be better playing as a RB, there is less man marking involved.

Except he's played nowhere near 18 games when you convert the minutes he's actually played ! Now imagine he had started every game, how many he'd have?
He couldn't start every game because he got himself stupidly sent off against crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom