• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spartak vs Liverpool (CL) - RAAAAATINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manwithnoname

Bravo old man. Bravo.
Banned
I'll keep the match report brief, as we've already discussed it in some detail in the match thread - we should have won that easily.

We dominated possession and chances against a mediocre side missing three of their best players, but once again the damning, obvious failings at both ends of the pitch cost us dearly. There was plenty of good displays to be pleased with, but also much to despair about.

Karius (4) Had little to do, but was once again a jittery mess and it is totally mystifying why Klopp has decided this useless cunt should be our CL goalkeeper. Based on what? He's even worse than Mignolet, which is notable in its own right. Dreadful keeping for their goal, when he was slow to move, got no height with his leap, and almost had his two hands behind the goalline as he made a miserable attempt to save a shot that was hit well, but bending towards him, not away. Any top keeper would have saved that. Even Mignolet would have saved it.

Alexander-Arnold (7) Great to see a much more disciplined and encouraging display, after a couple of horror-show games. He didn't do much defending, and spent most of the game attacking.

Matip (6) A few of his typically sloppy, slow, brainless passes aside, he was largely solid and untroubled.

Lovren (7) Much better from the rightly-maligned Croat, he was alert to what little danger there was, and made some solid interceptions and one or two lovely smashing tackles. If only he could play like this every week.

Moreno (7) Another impressive display from the rejuvenated Moreno. Some wonderful passing, and almost constant motion. His pace and workrate are a boon, although he wasn't really tested defensively (which is always a good thing with him)

Henderson (7) Got through a huge amount of work, constantly harrying and driving the play forward. Slung over a few beautiful deliveries too, unfortunately the best one fell to the hapless Firmino. Hope he can build on this display and maintain his form.

Can (4) When he's bad, he's very, very bad. Sloppy, slow and gave away the ball brainlessly in a comedy of errors that led to to the free-kick and goal. Booked too.

Mane (7) Not sure why he was taken off, as he was one of our better performers. His pace and skill terrified Spartak, and he was instrumental in the goal. Clever and effective, but didn't have the usual goal threat.

Coutinho (8) Gave away the free-kick in a dangerous area that the spastic let in, but scored (again) to make up for it. Still improving, but the signs are good and he was hugely influential.

Salah (6) A constant menace with his pace and skill on the right, but he really should have scored with a simple header and he was a bit wasteful on occasion. Linked well with TAA.

Firmino (3) The flabby melt has been shit for weeks now, and hasn't scored since August. Looked slow and was almost totally ineffectual, offering no genuine goal threat whatsoever. Missed a few easy chances, and should have been hooked. Christ knows how he stayed on the pitch. We all know he isn's a very good striker, and will never score enough goals because he's a poor finisher, but Klopp seems to have a blind spot about him, and our desperate need for a top quality striker.

Subs:

Sturridge (4) This was poor, especially after his promising cameo against Leicester. Slow and easily caught in possession, slashed several chances high and wide.

Wijnaldum (4) Another shithouse ghost impression in an away game. What a fucking surprise.

Can't argue with that, might have give Hendo a bit more, he was dominant, assured and set up quite as few good chances.

Aside from the joke of a keeper, I thought Can was the worst player on the pitch.

Can't disagree with any that. Normally I'd say Brendan was being overly harsh on Firmino, but not this time. He was fucking atrocious.

You may as well copy and paste that for each post match rating for the rest of the season. It’ll be correct more often than not.

Keeper - Shit, as per every week.

Defence - Didn't have to do any defending so n/a

Midfield - Henderson, good, I didn't think he was great, put in a few really good balls though. Coutinho looked good although he looked more like he was going to have to do the scoring rather than setting someone else up. Can, like a few others, has gone right off the boil.

Forwards - Mane was doing everything right apart from looking like scoring, shouldn't have been taken off. Firmino isn't a goal scorer, but what he can do as a player, he's not currently doing, he needs some time on the bench as he's looking worse and worse. Salah, the Egyptian Sterling, is rapid and tricky, seems to worry the shit out the opposition defence, gets into great positions, then fluffs the easiest of chances, more of the usual from him, very good apart from putting away his chances.

Subs - Crap

I think Salah was better than a 6. His work rate for a fancy-dan player is incredible. He menaced their backline all game. He was better than Mane for me.

I felt Coutinho was too deep a lot of the time. We needed him closer to their penalty area, as he was with the goal.

8 for Hendo
7s for Phil Mane Salah Matip Trent Moreno & Lovren
5s for Can and Karius
1 for Bobby

3s for the 2 subs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom