• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stats, stats and more stats (2013/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like us to go for that Destro, he's meant to be quality. I think he can play across the front 3 aswell.

yo Binny is there a thing for a passes/goals ratio in the prem?

Wow, haven't seen anything of sort yet. Would be fascinating.

The Premier League's top 10 biggest earners
[article=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-highest-earner-premier-3170220#ixzz2u3syKkWs ]
10. David Silva
Bottom of our list but top of top of the assists for Manchester City is David Silva who earns around £160,000-a-week.

9. Fernando Torres
A British record at the time when Liverpool trousered £50million for the Spaniard, Chelsea also have to dig deep every week to find his £170,000.

8. John Terry
The Chelsea man is currently pocketing £175,000-a-week, but with his deal up in the summer the Blues skipper might take a cut soon.

7. Mesut Ozil
Arsenal's bank manager will now know that big fees generally come with big wages as they follow up the £42.5million fee for Mesut Ozil with £180,000-a-week for the German star.

6. Eden Hazard
Chelsea feature again in the chart as they are currently forking out a whopping £185,000 every seven days for their Belgian starlet Eden Hazard.

5. Luis Suarez
The most interviewed vampire since Brad Pitt, Luis Suarez commands £220,000-a-week at Liverpool

4. Robin van Persie
The striker swapped London for Manchester and now rakes in £225,000-a-week at Old Trafford.

3. Sergio Aguero
Level pegging with the Dutch hitman is another Manchester man, but Sergio Aguero has been topping the scoring charts on the blue half of the city.

2. Yaya Toure
At £240,000-a-week to former Barcelona man Yaya Toure costs big spending Manchester City more a week than a Wonga loan.

1. Wayne Rooney
Top of the table is Wayne Rooney who now takes home a jaw-dropping £300,000-a-week. Give us a fiver Wayne.[/article]

PPG 2.07, up 0.03 since last week. PPG 2.33 over last 6 games. PPG 2.50 since January 1st.

form.jpg

27goals.jpg
38goals.jpg

Top 10 penalty goalscorers in Premier League history:
Alan Shearer (56)
Frank Lampard (43)
Matthew Le Tissier (25)
Thierry Henry, Steven Gerrard (23)
David Unsworth (22)
Teddy Sheringham (21)
Gary McAllister, Peter Beardsley, Danny Murphy, Gareth Barry, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Yakubu (18)

Premier League teams have now gone 450 minutes without a goal in Europe. Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Swansea have all drawn blanks.

534101_733938199974258_619452223_n.jpg

13/14: Currently 4th
12/13: Finished 7th (P 38 W 16 D 13 L 9 F 71 A 43 GD 28 Pts 61)
08/09: Finshed 2nd (P 38 W 25 D 11 L 2 F 77 A 27 GD 50 Pts 86)

The most goals we've ever scored in a PL season is 77 in 08/09.
Most goals conceded in a season over the past 10 seasons was 44 in 10/11.

Fantastic thing about Sterling is that the stats dont show how good is he defensively too.

We have the least number of crosses but the most number of headed goals if I recall.

And Lucas Leiva is the top tackler despite missing a large chunk of the season.
I would expect an exclusively defensive midfielder to be just that.

19 appearances in the DM role is more than anyone else so I'd be stunned if he wasn't top

I would expect an exclusively defensive midfielder to be just that.

19 appearances in the DM role is more than anyone else so I'd be stunned if he wasn't top
Yet you're stunned that the defender with the most appearances this season has more blocks and clearances than anyone else.

OK, so look at that 2009 v 2013/14 performance. Quite amazing to see the stats don't lie. All the Draws under Rafa, I always felt were his weakness. His inability to throw off the shackles. But then again, pretty much the same points level.

Taken from the offal:

Steven Gerrard has scored 42 away league goals for Liverpool. The only Reds players to score more away from Anfield in the Premier League era are Michael Owen (55) and Fowler (43).

He'll definitely overtake Fowler. Not sure he'll be able to catch Owen since he's scoring much less in open play nowadays. I think we'll have to get more people into the box to earn peno's for him to overtake Owen.

The Reds have scored 28 away goals in the league so far this season, the most of any top-flight team going into this round of fixtures. Only in five full seasons have they scored more on the road in the Premier League era. Their most was 38 - last season.

Unfortunately, those 28 away goals have been offset by us conceding 23 away goals. For a bit of perspective - only Fulham, Norwich, Stoke and Cardiff have let in more away goals; we're tied with West Brom. Looking at where these clubs are placed, that's not good company to have.

It's clear we either need to score even more away from home or really tighten up at the back. The good news is that we've already traveled to the top clubs with the best home defensive records in terms of goals conceded - Arsenal (7), Chelsea (9), Man City (9), Everton (10) and Hull (10). Surprisingly, Norwich has let in only 11 goals at home, but I suppose that's because Suarez hasn't visited yet.

The home goal concession records of our next 3 away opponents:- Southampton: 16, Man Utd: 12, Cardiff: 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom