• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling to Man City.. Maybe Arsenal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be crazy to turn down 50m. Only city would be so stupid to offer that amount and we would be crazy to say no.

The best bit is he wont improve at city, he'll just stagnate I reckon. City aren't exactly great at nuturing young talent. Win win for us.

25 % of transfer fee goes to QPR..

No to 50 million...

Ferguson would never let a kid like this leave at his age.

We've got zero ambition if we let him go now.

FSG have a good record at keeping red talent or selling at a absolute premium. If only they bought like they sold.

FSG have a good record at keeping red talent or selling at a absolute premium. If only they bought like they sold.

What evidence is there for that statement?

The only one I can think that we sold at a premium is Suarez.

Granted we have been able to sign Coutinho, Henderson and Sturridge on long term deals but thats not a guarantee they will stay for the duration of their contracts.

I'm amazed at the number of people who want to get 'rid' of him. 10 goals and 7 assists last season. 13 goals and 9 assists this season. Only a handful of 19/20 year olds over the last decade would have produced those stats.

It's perfectly conceivable that he'll be a 20 goal and 20 assist player in 3 years. That's a 60+ million year in today's market, and also someone who virtually guarantees a title challenge. Why the fuck would you be so anxious to get rid? As if that is so easily replaceable.

He's the best prospect the club has produced since Gerrard - that's in about 15 years. I'd be fucked before wanting to get 'rid' of him.

Also purely in economic terms, it makes no sense to sell him now. Given his contract situation, we're hardly going to hold the cards in any negotiations. I can't see anyone giving us more than 30-35 million. Selling him for that amount makes no sense if we think he can go on to be a 60 million player in 2-3 years.

Pay him the 120k and hope he fulfills his full potential.

The figures being touted about are £50m plus, and we are told his holding out for something stupid salary wise. if he won'tsign, sell him and use the money to buy good players in the position we need them.

I'm sure most supporters would love to hang on to Sterling. The question is: to what extent would you want the club to accede to his wage demands in order to do so?

It is a Dangerous situation to put yourself into, as others can feel overlooked if he is paid more. But we are depending a lot on him these days. He is a Young winger that has been Our leading striker as the 50 mill pound strikeforce at the club is useless or injured.

Portly: exactly. There comes a time when the club can justifiably judge that giving in to those demands will end up being riskier than refusing to do so. I really want Sterling to stay, but emphatically not at the cost of being held to ransom after every successful season.

It is a Dangerous situation to put yourself into, as others can feel overlooked if he is paid more. But we are depending a lot on him these days. He is a Young winger that has been Our leading striker as the 50 mill pound strikeforce at the club is useless or injured.

All of that is true, but let's also remember what Sterling's been offered in return, which is far from chickenfeed. Do I want us to keep him? Absolutely. But at all costs? No.

I get the sense that Raheem is not willing to commit to the club. I can't see any choice for the club but to maintain status quo on his current contract and wait for him to approach the club.

He and his agent don't seem interested in what Liverpool can offer so why chase him?

He will want to put himself in the shop window for those clubs he deems a better option so why not use him for the next 2 seasons as he's hardly going to sabotage his own career.

Of course he has the option to sign a contract for 100k while he waits in which case we get a decent fee. The club appear to be in a very strong position in my opinion.

What evidence is there for that statement?

The only one I can think that we sold at a premium is Suarez.

Granted we have been able to sign Coutinho, Henderson and Sturridge on long term deals but thats not a guarantee they will stay for the duration of their contracts.

they haven't sold all our best players and when they have sold our players, they got a club record fee and a british transfer record at the same time.

I'm amazed at the number of people who want to get 'rid' of him. 10 goals and 7 assists last season. 13 goals and 9 assists this season. Only a handful of 19/20 year olds over the last decade would have produced those stats.

It's perfectly conceivable that he'll be a 20 goal and 20 assist player in 3 years. That's a 60+ million year in today's market, and also someone who virtually guarantees a title challenge. Why the fuck would you be so anxious to get rid? As if that is so easily replaceable.

He's the best prospect the club has produced since Gerrard - that's in about 15 years. I'd be fucked before wanting to get 'rid' of him.

Also purely in economic terms, it makes no sense to sell him now. Given his contract situation, we're hardly going to hold the cards in any negotiations. I can't see anyone giving us more than 30-35 million. Selling him for that amount makes no sense if we think he can go on to be a 60 million player in 2-3 years.

Pay him the 120k and hope he fulfills his full potential.

Spot on. Dont think we'll sell him regardless.

All of the examples cited went to onto be good to world-class players which United could have used over the years.

They don't prove the point you are trying to make. They argue against it.

All of the examples cited went to onto be good to world-class players which United could have used over the years.

They don't prove the point you are trying to make. They argue against it.
Aren't they proving to Ryan that Ferguson WOULD let quality players go without a fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom