• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling to Man City.. Maybe Arsenal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure how a couple of players that never really established themselves at Utd and a youth player that left on a free really compares to the Sterling situation and refutes Ryan's point... which was less about Utd / Ferguson and more about the fact that if you want to be successful, you don't 'make' a player like Sterling and then hand him over to your rivals.

Ferguson would never let a kid like this leave at his age.

We've got zero ambition if we let him go now.

I largely agree, and I hope Sterling stays, but a £50m offer would be mega tempting.

That's IF(and it's enormous if) the money is used properly.

Ferguson could afford not to sell as his team was winning things. Rodgers on the other hand has not won anything yet so he can't use that as a selling point to get Sterling to stay.

I largely agree, and I hope Sterling stays, but a £50m offer would be mega tempting.

That's IF(and it's enormous if) the money is used properly.

Yeah.
Valuation of players is weird.
I would rather have, without hesitation, one Suarez over Sterling plus a 25m pound player.

Aren't they proving to Ryan that Ferguson WOULD let quality players go without a fight?

It's a completely different situation though, because United were arguably letting go of these players from a position of strength - already perma-title challengers, always in the CL, regular cup winners etc. It's easy to forgo the fringe of your squad when your first team is pulling it's weight. We lost (not really our own fault) Suarez last season as challengers and with him having never won anything with us. United lost Ronaldo and Beckham etc, but after they had all won everything.

All teams lose players, sometimes ones that go on to be something - lets not forget, United also let go of ALOT of players who became Premiership mainstays too (Richardson, Savage etc), aswell as the Pogba's and Pique's. We seem to be losing our best players every couple of seasons, which is worryingly becoming a trend.

Imagine a bunch of Liverpool fans on a Liverpool forum talking about what Alex Ferguson would do.

The value of the player is simply determined by the value he adds to the buyer. There isn't a club in the world that Sterling would add 50m too. Less potential premier league sides currently in the championship.

That doesn't mean that over paying and under paying doesn't occur but it's certainly the general trend

I'm sure most supporters would love to hang on to Sterling. The question is: to what extent would you want the club to accede to his wage demands in order to do so?

Agreed, there is a price where it makes no sense. It depends on what we can get for him, and what it would cost us to replace him. I think if it goes about 150k a week then we should be looking to see how we can get for him, anything less than 50m for him and we'll have a worse team next year.

You're wiling to let Lovren go for a loss of 10 million but not sell Sterling for 50 million because you'll lose 12.5 million?
Lovren would probably Fetch more than 10 million..

Though I get your point..

We will hold out for more I think for Sterling..

The ideal scenario is we keep him he signs a contract..

Then you hope he has a Suarez type season next season.. though we will then probably sell him for a Bale type price..

First of all the little tosser skives out of an England game, claiming he was ‘Too tired’ to play… Too tired? A 20 year old with excellent fitness levels who plays professional football? The little wanker is taking the piss…

And while holding out on Liverpool FC and demanding even more obscene wages than he already gets (100 grand a week isn’t enough for the little fuck!), the cunt goes around smoking fuck knows what and getting off his tits on laughing gas… Of course all the leftie cunts are on Sky: saying how he is only a young man, that he has to learn and that he need mentoring… Do fuck off! Sterling is 20 years old, not 2 years old… The same excuses are now routinely made for the shitty behaviour of the likes of Sterling, Ballotelli and others… I mean, why don’t they just go round to Sterling’s luxury apartment and wipe his arse for him?!

http://is-a-cunt.com/page/3/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom