• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who he is should have the tiniest impact on when if ever he manages LFC. Liverpool is a top 10 job in the world, to get the honour you’d want to have major trophies in one of the big 6.

Indeed he has done well in Scotland but it’s a nothing League and a million miles away from managing Liverpool.

This is just bs mate. By this standard Pep and Luis Enrique wouldn't been anyware near the Barca job.

Last edited:
Lol !!! Love the replies from all of you regarding SG@ManUnited. Too much to take for all of us !!!

It really isn't, mate. For that to be true, there'd have to be some kind of remote theoretical possibility that Steven Gerrard would go there. You've got more chance of shagging every member of the Dagenham Girl Pipers one after the other than that's got of ever happening.

5b27ae7c5a119c05f2d0acacb5135bd9.jpg

Fill yer boots...

He has exceeded expectations at Rangers given they are an absolute disaster of a club. I think win or lose this will be his last season there and he will need to take on a bigger challenge which is where he will either become the heir apparent to Klopp or just another mid table manager. The tricky part is defining what level of success would be required to put him in the frame for the Liverpool job. Does he need to win something? Make the top 4? Challenge for the title? That seems to be an impossible task given the sorts of clubs that will be looking at him. Unless hes willing to go to the continent
Or in The Championship at a club with PL aspirations. Seems like a good apprenticeship.

Who he is should have the tiniest impact on when if ever he manages LFC. Liverpool is a top 10 job in the world, to get the honour you’d want to have major trophies in one of the big 6.

Indeed he has done well in Scotland but it’s a nothing League and a million miles away from managing Liverpool.
You mean like Kenny?

I'm sorry but I just don't trust Gerrard as manager. Its just a feeling, he seemed a bit cuntish at times as a player and very demanding.
However, someone like Xabi Alonso, sound a bit better...
It won't matter though I think it's Klopp's assistant who might take over.
I'd pick Rafa over the lot.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust Gerrard as manager. Its just a feeling, he seemed a bit cuntish at times as a player and very demanding.
However, someone like Xabi Alonso, sound a bit better...
It won't matter though I think it's Klopp's assistant who might take over.
I'd pick Rafa over the lot.
Sounds like pretty much every great manager going.

Kenny wasn't a cunt neither was Rafa.
Kenny and Rafa were both cunts when they needed to be. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Rafa wouldn't let his star midfielder attend the birth of his daughter, and ostracised him when he did so anyway. Kenny was one of the most acerbic coaches we've ever had, and absolutely ruthless when he needed to be.

Kenny and Rafa were both cunts when they needed to be. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Rafa wouldn't let his star midfielder attend the birth of his daughter, and ostracised him when he did so anyway. Kenny was one of the most acerbic coaches we've ever had, and absolutely ruthless when he needed to be.
When you put it like that yes.

The lads really look up to him, he can still outlast most players we have. I honestly think he should be part of the backroom staff

He needs to join Klopp as a coach to continue the amazing work. I would hate for any manager to come in and start messing with what Klopp has built over the last 4 years.

Very different. We are flying. Chelsea are a mess. Have gone through a number of managers unsuccessfully and Lampard actually got Derby close to promotion.

The expectations at Chelsea are still there, they won the league in 2016/17, which is hardly ancient history.

The expectations at Chelsea are still there, they won the league in 2016/17, which is hardly ancient history.

Yes but not even the most insane fan is expecting that. Top 4 and he’ll get another season.

If Klopp leaves hopefully with a league title or two won in 3 years then I can’t see anyway Gerrard gets the role.

Yes but not even the most insane fan is expecting that. Top 4 and he’ll get another season.

If Klopp leaves hopefully with a league title or two won in 3 years then I can’t see anyway Gerrard gets the role.

Yeah, not unless he performs miracles at Rangers, and then works with Klopp for a year, kit seems rather too big a jump.

But who knows in football, it's a funny old game Dreamy

Yeah, not unless he performs miracles at Rangers, and then works with Klopp for a year, kit seems rather too big a jump.

But who knows in football, it's a funny old game Dreamy

True. But he’d have had a better chance if he stayed and worked with Klopp.

I doubt his ego will let him come back under Klopp now.

his lack of charisma and personality alone would be a humongous step down. loved him as a player, but as a manager we need the best, the proven best, or he might just be another Ole.

his lack of charisma and personality alone would be a humongous step down. loved him as a player, but as a manager we need the best, the proven best, or he might just be another Ole.

Some of our best and most successful managers have hardly been hugely loud, charismatic personalities who love talking with the press and hugging people.

Some of our best and most successful managers have hardly been hugely loud, charismatic personalities who love talking with the press and hugging people.
Indeed, Shankly, our most charismatic manager ever, Klopp included, was followed by one of the most dour, uncommunicative managers that it would be possible to imagine. This man also happened to be our most successful manager ever, and by a long way.

fair enough; what about the other point.
divine path the being our manager based on his qualities as a player, or look for the best option?

Kenny wasn't a bad player, a dour persona at times and a brilliant manager. Every box ticked

Yep, I'd take Johnny Noname over Gerrard, if Noname has proven himself. Like 2 Spanish league titles, Uefa cup win, CL win.

Luckily we don't need to worry about this yet but I can understand why we might be monitoring Stevie G's progress at Rangers. I'm a lot more interested in the right person for the job and I don't see anything to suggest the owners or Michael Edwards would let sentiment get in the way of stats.

Luckily we don't need to worry about this yet but I can understand why we might be monitoring Stevie G's progress at Rangers. I'm a lot more interested in the right person for the job and I don't see anything to suggest the owners or Michael Edwards would let sentiment get in the way of stats.

The previous two managers under FSG were Brendan Rodgers and Kenny Dalglish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom