• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard after Klopp would be like turning the light on and off. From that smile to that frown. And from multiple tactical innovations to pretty much zero. Gerrard would need to win the Scottish title several years over, and then go over to England or Europe and make a major mark there, to even merit the slightest of chances at LFC. Anything else and it would be a huge step down after all Klopp's achieved.

Anyone remember how far we thought we were behind City and their gazillions?

We sold Coutiniho, and now we have the players to barely compete.

But compete we do because we have Captain "Mangers do matter" Klopp.

I find Mangers pretty trivial to be honest, but it seems you Christians have a thing for them.

Besides silverware, player development & management is definitely something to judge a manager's success on. Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Jack have been superb this season.

Kent's assist for Morelos today

That picture with him smiling...has a certain Paisley like .... look about it.

_109574180_dfasdf.jpg
_109574106_gerrardgraphic.png

Last edited:
Rangers are performing wonders against some very decent competition (Porto were ¼ finalists in the CL last season) in what is likely the toughest EL group with all 4 potential qualifiers. One has to assume Gerrard's European experience is paying dividends.

Strong result from Rangers. I didn't see it yesterday as the Norwegian press were creaming themselves over one of the real high class European performances and the celebration covered most of the news. They even put up Ole's magic performance ahead of Rosenborg in the late news sport section.

7 points from 4 games in that group for a club like Rangers takes some doing.

Played the 3 toughest games too in Porto (H), (A) and Young Boys (A)

A lot better than I thought he'd do. Never saw him as a coach-in-waiting, but credit to the guy - he's done well with what could have been a very tricky assignment.

He's a far better manager than I thought he'd be. I know it's early doors but he's got a fraction of the budget of celtic and that European record is nuts
I love the guy, and wish him well whatever he does. Lets never forget that every big club wanted him, amd his talent deserved at least one league winners medal, but he chose to stay at Liverpool. Will never forget that, and in many ways i see him as a player who came about at a time when Liverpool were in decline in terms of potential league winners and its a miracle after his departure that we landed Klopp to let us dream again.

Just because Lampard has given the hotseat at Chelsea doesn't mean we should be rushing for this guy, just saying. I would like for him to win at least a trophy with Rangers and go to a Championship side to get promotion by playing his way of football (recognisable as our way as well), much like Lampard did who came up short for Derby. And then and only then would I be putting more attention to his managerial career. But whatever said and done, I don't want our manager to be solely in charge of buying and selling players from now on. Even Klopp doesn't do that.

He was unlucky in the cup final but it certainly looks like a quadruple treble for Celtic at this stage.

Rangers absolutely dominated the game from start to finish. Fantastic performance by the Celtic keeper, who just never looked like letting anything past him despite constant pressure on the goal. Celtic had one shot on target all game. I think Gerrard will take that game as motivation for his squad.

He was unlucky in the cup final but it certainly looks like a quadruple treble for Celtic at this stage.

I thought Celtic was just 2 points ahead?

In early december 2 points lead is a certain title for Celtic while an 8 point lead for us is most lovely a Fuck up situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom