• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was anything to do with the occasion. He was sub par and has been for a couple games now. Doesn't have the same sharpness. Neither does Suarez but he's still contributing.

Yeah I agree. For whatever reason he just doesn't look on it, I was saying it throughout the first half. On that form I think we'd actually play better without him and have an extra man in midfield.

This is why I've been insisting for ages that we need a proper third striker, especially for the CL campaign. Not fucking Aspas, and not Borini either.

Sturridge wasn't over awed or trying too hard today, unless he was overawed by West Ham last week, as he was shite then too

Cheers mate. Hopefully it's something he can shake off by next week... I don't want us to have to replace both Henderson and Sturridge.
Yes - its been fine to look at the squad and think we can replace any player if he's out, but we'll struggle to replace 2, and a third would mean Moses/Teixeira/Alberto/Aspas starting. At least Stevie avoided the yellow card and Suarez escaped the red, but don't want to have to be doing without anyone at this time of season.

Allen for hendo, lucas for stugs, play the diamond.

Simple

It is good that he had an injury, BR probably wont start him in next game then he will be on top form when he starts against his own club and he will smash them hard

Not as exciting as it sounds. The area that journos, media can wait in & the players walk through, enables them to 'mix' if they wish (though apparently it usually just club staff, if anyone, that bother, as players want to get off home) I believe most mingling here is off the record.

Macca will know more though, the above is just a combination of hearsay & guesswork based on bits I've heard in the media.

He did my tits in today no end. Again. Shit touches, shit work-rate and shit finishing.

Still a shame if he misses Norwich but I think we can get away with it if Suarez and co do their thing. Let's hope it's not too serious and he's ready for Chelsea the week after.

He hasn't looked right for 3 or 4 games. I wonder if he has been carrying something that he hasn't declared, and it's hit him today during the match. Pappa Windy said he hardly went through the warm up, and wasn't as involved as the rest during pre match drills.

Might be best if he is out for the next game and gets a rest. I actually think we may be better off with a front trio of Coutinho, Suarez, and Sterling, backed up by Allen, and Lucas doing a bit of running and passing.

Might be best if he is out for the next game and gets a rest. I actually think we may be better off with a front trio of Coutinho, Suarez, and Sterling, backed up by Allen, and Lucas doing a bit of running and passing.

Which is what I'd go for too, but don't know if that situation means the 'best'.
Right now when we counter attack we have 5 attacking players causing havoc in the opposition half, and when we're building up play, we have both fullbacks moving up, plus Henderson in a slightly withdrawn attacking position in front of Gerrard. That's 8 players in attack.

Without Henderson and Sturridge, we have Lucas and/or Allen to make up the numbers in attack. It basically means we're reduced to 3 players in a counter attack and of the 7-8 players in general attack, Lucas but for his through ball the other day, and Allen, aren't very good up there.

We simply have to rely on the three attackers to do the business.

I've been saying he had been worrying me for a while. I wonder whether his old sulks are coming back as he doesn't get the love Luis does. He needs work from Brendan this week

I think he hates it that he comes off before Luis as well.

I love studge and hope he keeps playing well and does great in Brazil but his touch yesterday was terrible.

He hasn't looked right for 3 or 4 games. I wonder if he has been carrying something that he hasn't declared, and it's hit him today during the match. Pappa Windy said he hardly went through the warm up, and wasn't as involved as the rest during pre match drills.
Definitely

He didn't practice shooting with the rest, and he seemed to take a longer time to stretch

I think he hates it that he comes off before Luis as well.

I love studge and hope he keeps playing well and does great in Brazil but his touch yesterday was terrible.

Bollocks to Brasil. And stop thinking you can tell what is going on in someone's head simply by watching they play football. It's infuriating. There is nothing wrong with him or his head. I think he was carrying an injury.

I've been saying he had been worrying me for a while. I wonder whether his old sulks are coming back as he doesn't get the love Luis does. He needs work from Brendan this week

He has scored 20 premier league goals. Long may the worrying continue!

Sturridge blows hot and cold, lots of strikers do. It not really that much of an issue when he's scored 20 goals this season and the striker next to him is Suarez.

In fairness you could have stopped after the comma.

Well yeah, I was proper pissed off when he came on yesterday. You want someone who's going to work hard to see out the game, so he's the last you want on that note. So I thought, "ok, we must be using his pace on the break", only for him to do a Babel and lose control on the one break he had and give it away, culminating in a knackered Henderson doing the same and getting sent off.

He's shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom