• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Rumor Thread (NSFR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atletico Madrid: Tevez and Vietto

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/10/atletico-madrid-talks-carlos-tevez-juventus

Atlético Madrid are in talks with the Juventus striker Carlos Tevez. The Argentinian helped Juve to the Serie A title and the Champions League final this season and Atlético are on the alert with speculation in Italy and Spain that he is looking to leave.

“I know the club is speaking with his agent,” their coach Diego Simeone said. “It is always good to have a player like Tevez. He is hot-blooded, which is a healthy part of this sport, and that is aside from how many goals he is able to score in a season.

“He would be a perfect signing considering the football that Atlético Madrid play.”

The Spaniards are looking to boost their forward line and Tevez, formerly of West Ham, Manchester United and Manchester City, would fit into
their hard-working style.

They lost Diego Costa to Chelsea last year and while Antoine Griezmann has come in and done well, the club was hoping for more from the Croat Mario Mandzukic.

“He [Mandzukic] is a good player and a good guy,” said Simeone. “He himself was unhappy at the way he was unable to continue performing how he had done up to February. I said to him: ‘We have to beat the record that you had at Bayern of 28 goals,’ but he was unable to unfortunately.”

Villarreal’s Luciano Vietto is another target for Simeone who gave him his debut at the Argentinian side Racing Club.

“We are close and I hope to have him for next season because for me he has extraordinary ability in combining going forward,” said Simeone.

“I think that he is very similar to [David] Villa when he started off, without being the goalscorer that was the Spanish forward, but with the movement in the buildup which is very difficult to see in football at the moment.

“He is very tactical and has done very well at Villarreal. As a kid I know him very well because he was with me at Racing and I put him in the first team. I hope he comes because he would be an important signing.”

Atlético finished third in La Liga last season after winning the title in 2014.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 8m8 minutes ago
Man United have reached a deal worth €18M to sign Roberto Frimino from Hoffenheim, according to ESPN Br's José Elias.

Has been playing in the false 9 role for Brazil under Dunga. Scored against Honduras yesterday.

I hope we gazump the Scum for this guy. He'll be great. Plays across the frontline, scores goals, bags of skill and isn't a wuss.

Apparently this one's quite good

feeb10ee7393d512d2ed9e1f0393d17c.jpg

Brilliant move if true
[article]Deal Done: Charlie Austin set to become Steve McClaren’s first Newcastle signing [Mirror][/article]

Bye Bye Yaya
[article]Man City prepare €80m+ bid & €9m annual salary for Juventus man Paul Pogba [GdS][/article]

Tabloids (bullshitters) are linking us now with Falcao. If there was ever any truth in this, Rodgers must be thinking of drastically altering our style of play to get the most out of Benteke or Falcao.

I lived with a bloke from Tasmania when I lived in Perth. The first night I moved in when I'd got the room he showed me three albums of photos of his favourite utes. Needless to say, when I moved on we didn't keep in touch.
Did he like monster trucks?

Klopp looks like he is into monster trucks.

I lived with a bloke from Tasmania when I lived in Perth. The first night I moved in when I'd got the room he showed me three albums of photos of his favourite utes. Needless to say, when I moved on we didn't keep in touch.

He sounds like he was probably s serial killer - so you're probably wise to have avoided.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 8m8 minutes ago
Man United have reached a deal worth €18M to sign Roberto Frimino from Hoffenheim, according to ESPN Br's José Elias.

Has been playing in the false 9 role for Brazil under Dunga. Scored against Honduras yesterday.
Sky Sport News HD ‏@SkySportNewsHD 5m5 minutes agoView translation
Roberto Firmino verlässt die TSG im Sommer. Ziel unbekannt. Die Ablösesumme liegt bei 30 Mio. Euro. #ssnhd

OptaFranz ‏@OptaFranz 8s8 seconds ago
24 - Since signing for Hoffenheim in 2010 Roberto Firmino had a hand in 62 of TSG's 254 goals in all comps (38 goals, 24 assist = 24%). Key

German press saying he will be leaving for €30m.

Fuck sake, I know its early and all that pish but United get Depay and Firmino and we get Milner and Ings.
Its already feeling like 2015/16 could be a looooooong year.

Roberto Firmino verlässt die TSG im Sommer. Ziel unbekannt. Die Ablösesumme liegt bei 30 Mio. Euro. #ssnhd

24 - Since signing for Hoffenheim in 2010 Roberto Firmino had a hand in 62 of TSG's 254 goals in all comps (38 goals, 24 assist = 24%). Key

Doesn't Firmino play as a no.10 99% of the time? He's not an out and out striker. The scum have boatloads of no.10's.

United fan in work says that twitter account is a faker?

Either way, I hope they don't sign him.

Micah Richards available on a free.

I'm surprised our transfer committee isn't creaming itself at the prospect.

The German tweet translates as "Roberto Firmino is leaving TSG in the summer. Destination unknown. Price in the region of 30 mill.euros."

Back in 2008, 2009, when Barry Hunter was chief scout for Man City, the English players they were signed were Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright Phillips, Adam Johnson, Gareth Barry, and Joleon Lescott (for 22m!). Solid uninspiring internationals but hardly top top class. All departed with litle distinction except Barry. I'm jumping the gun here but the signings of Milner and Ings have a similar flavour about them.

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Luke Garbutt seeing he's out of contract at Everton now that we're shopping in the bargain bucket.

Apparently Yohan Cabaye wants out of PSG and wants to come back to England. We should be interested. But we won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom