• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Origi are not good enough.
ebc6be796a1fd9f469f102fd8183f820.jpg

And Martial scored 14 in 3 years, and he's apparently great while Origi is shit.

Origi is an outstanding talent. As is Martial of course. To call one great and the other shit is weird and nonsensical.

Martial scored 17 goals last season and looks twice the player

Origi's career record- 26 goals in 122 games
Martial's career record- 32 goals in 123 games

Same age, similar scoring record.

Last season:

Martial scored 17 in 49 games.
Origi scored 10 in 33 games.

Martial's scoring rate was slightly better.

And he doesn't look twice the player. That's a pointless opinion shared by about no one on this site.

They're just different players stylistically. Both will be outstanding players in 2-3 years.

I don't think Origi has any natural finishing ability and will struggle to score enough goals to justify his place. He's not reliable.

I much prefer Martial to watch, and I think he's a far superior striker. Hope I'm wrong. Doesn't happen often.

Last season:

And he doesn't look twice the player. That's a pointless opinion shared by about no one on this site.

They're just different players stylistically. Both will be outstanding players in 2-3 years.

I was just about to post their stats aswell. I find it strange that some of our fans cant see what a talent Origi is and what a player he can become.

Most 20 year olds do not know how to finish. Drogba couldn't. Costa couldn't. Lewandowski couldn't. It's way too previous to suggest that he won't ever be a reliable goalscorer. His record for us is already 1 in 3, which in itself isn't half bad.

I can only see it improving.

Considering one could potentially cost 57 million and the other 10 million that's a fairly bold prediction.
I mean wow really living on the edge there chief.

I was just about to post their stats aswell. I find it strange that some of our fans cant see what a talent Origi is and what a player he can become.
Origi is about the few things that's still keeping me interested for next season. This transfer window will be largely underwhelming.

Yeah, but I can't see it happening. Klopp's approach, from what I can deduce anyway, seems to be two players for each position in his the 4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1 formation. So far, we have

GK: Mignolet, Karius
LB: Moreno, ?
RCB: Lovren, Gomez/Lucas
LCB: Matip, Sakho
RB: Clyne, Flanagan
DM: Can, Lucas/Stewart
CM1: Henderson, Allen/Grujic
CM2: Milner, ?
LW: Coutinho, Markovic
RW: Lallana, Mane
#9: Origi, Ings
#10: Sturridge, Firmino

I don't think Benteke is in his plans, and I don't foresee us signing a striker to replace him either. And I can't see us signing someone like Dahoud unless we sell Allen.

A CB might still happen though. Unless he's comfortable with Lucas at CB!
Allen definitely sounds like he's on his way. Freeing up another MF slot.

Allen out? But Have we managed to fend off all the interest in Lucas for another year?

Phew
Lucas cannot survive yet another transfer window under yet a new manager. It should be impossible.

Likable lad, get the club and always plays with his heart giving 100 pct, 100 pct of the time.

He is just a somewhat limited player without any real key attributes.

Skrtel for me is also in this bracket, seems like a top bloke, and a true team player. Yet too limited to be playing at a top club year in, year out.

I would not bet against both leaving and prob Allen, Benteke and a few fringe players too and we really get to see Klopp's qualities as a manager with the players he wants.

I am excited.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I can't see it happening. Klopp's approach, from what I can deduce anyway, seems to be two players for each position in his the 4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1 formation. So far, we have

GK: Mignolet, Karius
LB: Moreno, ?
RCB: Lovren, Gomez/Lucas
LCB: Matip, Sakho
RB: Clyne, Flanagan
DM: Can, Lucas/Stewart
CM1: Henderson, Allen/Grujic
CM2: Milner, ?
LW: Coutinho, Markovic
RW: Lallana, Mane
#9: Origi, Ings
#10: Sturridge, Firmino

I don't think Benteke is in his plans, and I don't foresee us signing a striker to replace him either. And I can't see us signing someone like Dahoud unless we sell Allen.

A CB might still happen though. Unless he's comfortable with Lucas at CB!

Looking at the squad Flanagan, Stewart and Lucas are not good enough. I would think Markovic too if he was as bad as before.

In defense, priority goes to left back. We need a good backup for Clyne. I will bin Sakho. We look like we need another centre back.

In midfield only Can and Milner are any good. Allen and Henderson, I have reservations. Allen can be a good player but we need better. When was the last time Henderson had a good game? We need a good midfielder for sure.

Front 3 looks ok as they are all interchangeable.

Benteke and Balotelli can fuck right off.

Provided we can get a decent left back, the priority is overwhelmingly centre midfield.

We have lots of players in that position but no genuine balance and a shortage of class, technique & composure. Lucas, Allen & Stewart are not the answer while Henderson & Milner are too alike. Can was the only consistent CM last season, maybe Milner but in a wider position.

I was hoping we would target a top player to set the tempo for the side, like Gundogan did for Klopp at Dortmund. That said, I haven't seen enough of Grujic or the two lads we are linked with, Zielinski and Dahoud.

Allen out? But Have we managed to fend off all the interest in Lucas for another year?

Phew

Judging by Lucas own comments I think he might be on his way out aswell.

Klopps first real transfer window and he signs a goalkeeper and possibly offloads Lucas.
Its like he knows his stuff...

What about the others. Balotelli, Benteke, Alonso. In todays market we should be able to get £60m for the three. Allen's looking good we should be able to £15m for him. Lucas £5m
With that we but a decent DM

We'll sign two more players. That Polish lad, and a left back.

Pretty certain of it.
My thought would be to loan out Markovic somewhere where he can have success in the attack/build confidence, and then add another winger.

I really like Markovic still, but I don't think he's going to get enough minutes to succeed here next season. I'd rather we gave him an opportunity to develop and add another attacking option for the future seasons, when we'll presumably have more matches and minutes.

Brendan comes off very poorly in these past two pages. Our best run of form this past year was with Origi leading the line. His impressive pace and strength was obvious to anyone with eyes. Studge looked bettrr for it too. And then the stats... can someone do minutes per goals for the two?

I'd be amazed if we get Dahoud. As per usual we dallied and missed our chance. Arsenal wanted Xhaka (and it was well publicised) and swooped as soon as the season finished and paying a premium to get their man - knowing that BM was unlikely to sell both their midfield lynchpins in one summer.

Whilst Arsenal got their man, we'll have to wait for ours. It's the Liverpool way.

I'd be amazed if we get Dahoud. As per usual we dallied and missed our chance. Arsenal wanted Xhaka (and it was well publicised) and swooped as soon as the season finished and paying a premium to get their man - knowing that BM was unlikely to sell both their midfield lynchpins in one summer.

Whilst Arsenal got their man, we'll have to wait for ours. It's the Liverpool way.

They actually had their man before the season ended. There was pictures of him doing Arsenal promo going round with one or two matches of the season left. Very good move on their part.

I think it was most likely anyway that Xhaka would leave. Hopefully we can get Dahoud regardless

Liverpool have told Crystal Palace they will have to pay £30 million for Christian Benteke. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

I doubt that Klopp will make the same mistake as Man C, Man U and Chelsea have done. The mistake that you don't have enough players that respect and love the club.

That means that a player like Lucas will most probably stay if he accept to be a backup. I would say that it is up to him.

Henderson, Lucas, Milner and Lallana is the heart and soul of the club. You need players like them in the dressing room. You can't just buy, buy, buy and sell the heart and soul. If you do that, then you don't have a chance.

Agreed. We certainly need to spend more time on 'Heart', 'Love', 'Respect' and 'Soul' during training sessions in 2016/2017. As the players begin to adapt we can introduce the circle formation, ponchos and possibly some bongos. The biggest surprise next season will be if the other teams bother to turn up and face us at all.

Last edited:

Last season:

Martial is about three times the player of Origi currently.

That may change but there is no arguing the fact that he is vastly superior at the moment.

Last season:

I actually think Origi is one of the best prospects at our club. Before he got injured by that Everton cunt - he was brilliant and scoring in every game nearly. From what I remember - he pretty much has everything to his game - pace, good finishing, and can hold up the ball really well.. I loved his goal against Southampton in the League Cup which I though was a world class finish. If he and Sturridge can stay fit for the season then we really have an outstanding front two. It is such a shame he got injured against Everton otherwise I think with the form he was in - he could have made a huge difference in the Europa cup final - yes I know he came on but it is hard to get into the same stride after the injury he had. As soon as he had to go off against Everton - you just knew our chances of winning that cup final was halved.

I think @manwithnoname probably has some contractual obligation from somewhere to mention that Origi and Firmino are shit every single time he writes their name. It's just weird. We all have players we don't particularly like, but I can't think of other posters who would say Markovic will never be good enough or Allen is terrible every time their name is mentioned.

That said, I think Martial is ahead of Origi right now and his market price reflects that. But I do believe that Origi has great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom