• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelle is now confirmed ... INSANE ... 50k/day ...

Screen-Shot-2016-07-12-at-14.41.01.png
Just further proof that Suarez is affordable & returning to LFC this summer.

Fucking hell, the world has gone mad;

A Chinese club have offered Gonzalo Higuaín this: €50m/year €4.1m/month €650k/week €92k/day €3.8k/hour €63/min

Lucas Digne have agreed a deal with Barcelona. The deal will be completed in the next 24 hours according to Sport.

Lucas Digne have agreed a deal with Barcelona. The deal will be completed in the next 24 hours according to Sport.
So I doubt if they are also in for Hector so was that just a story put out by his agent/club to force any interested parties hands?

With the news that Sakho is struggling with achilles injury and will likely miss the start of the season, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Lucas won't be sold this summer. Klopp will not gamble on starting the season with only 2 fit senior CBs and an unproven Gomez as the only back-up. I don't think there is an outstanding CB in the U21 who is ready to be promoted (correct me if I'm wrong) and I would be surprised if Ilori and Wisdom are retained for much longer.

So that leaves us with either another CB transfer – which would be pushing it in terms of the sheer number of new players brought in the same transfer window – or the simple solution of keeping Lucas. He did very well last season when called upon as an emergency CB (and in the process handed Arn a huge unexpected win over the rest of the SCM – "unlucky"!) and in addition to covering for Sakho's absence as 3rd or 4th choice CB, he can obviously also be Can's back-up at DM. Also, his presence will probably keep Coutinho happier – we all know that Lucas is the "daddy" of the South American LFC contingent.

So unless something dramatic happens, I fully expect Lucas's LFC career to continue at least until January.

brace-yourself-meme

It is down to Lucas if he stays or not. If he want to leave then we will let him go and if he want to stay, he stays. We won't force him out of the club. He is the player that right now acts as our leader in the media. Almost every day you can read about how excellent Klopp is or how fantastic the team spirit is for example. Until the players that is on holiday returns he is our Captain.

He will probably be Captain again today.

Chelsea have agreed a €35m fee with Leicester City for N'Golo Kanté. [Le Parisien]

He would have been excellent for us. Should be all over that if true.

Chelsea have agreed a €35m fee with Leicester City for N'Golo Kanté. [Le Parisien]

He would have been excellent for us. Should be all over that if true.
Only €35m ?! In today's market, and based on current fees, I thought he'd go for more (e.g. see Payet).

My 'Chelsea for the Title' forecast is strengthening.

Only €35m ?! In today's market, and based on current fees, I thought he'd go for more (e.g. see Payet).

My 'Chelsea for the Title' forecast is strengthening.

It is a bit of a gamble. He could be a one season wonder. Excellent last season but that is the only excellent season he played in his career. Time will tell.

I thought Kante had a release clause of £20m
Hmm well that would be less than €35m so if they have met his release clause I guess it must have been a little higher. Surprised he had one though. A snip for the best midfielder in the league last season.

It is a bit of a gamble. He could be a one season wonder. Excellent last season but that is the only excellent season he played in his career. Time will tell.
I highly doubt that at all. He's not a striker that's had his one and only great season to date (e.g. Vardy) but a midfielder who starred week in week out. That's not something that you lose.

Hmm well that would be less than €35m so if they have met his release clause I guess it must have been a little higher. Surprised he had one though. A snip for the best midfielder in the league last season.

The clause - if it exists - was probably inserted into the contract he signed, which was before he'd actually played in the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom