• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was awful for Valencia though. But Boro are getting a decent team. The Gazzette, yes that one, reported earlier tonight that Subotic will go there for 10 mill

I think Boro will struggle. Whenever a lower or mid-table team buys lots of big name slightly past-it foreign players within one transfer window there is always a lot of expectations and excitement in the summer, but the results are almost always disappointing.

I think Boro will struggle. Whenever a lower mid-table team buys lots of big name slightly past-it foreign players within one transfer window there is always a lot of expectations and excitement in the summer, but the results are almost always disappointing.

Probably, but you have to admire their approach as a newly promoted team.
Karanka seems like a decent manager

Probably, but you have to admire their approach as a newly promoted team.
Karanka seems like a decent manager

I actually admire it more when a promoted team keeps the same core and plays the same style as they did in the lower league, like Bournemouth have done last season and Leicester the season before.

I actually admire it more when a promoted team keeps the same core and plays the same style as they did in the lower league, like Bournemouth have done last season and Leicester the season before.

Very different approach to Burnley. Will be interesting to which of the newly promoted teams that will do the best.

Bournemouth spent about 40 mill £ on 11 players mind. ;)

He's one of Boro's new signings. They got him from Ajax. He's quite good.

Oh, right. The winger?

They have made some bold/ interesting signings. Is Karanka that big a draw?

Fair play to them. At least one of their signings will almost certainly be 'inspired' and we'll have to weather countless 'why didn't we sign him' posts

http://www.fotomac.com.tr/galatasaray/2016/07/15/yeni-melo-liverpoollu-lucas-leiva
[article]Galatasaray have struck a deal with Liverpool to loan the Brazilian international midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Turkish outlet Fotomac have reported that the Istanbul giants director of football Cenk Ergun has held talks with the Red’s and reached an agreement to sign Lucan on a season long loan.

The report goes onto say that Galatasaray are yet to agree personal terms with the defensive midfielder.

Lucas has one year remaining on this contract with Liverpool which may lead to the Red’s cashing in on the Brazil international.

Galatasaray’s Istanbul rivals Besiktas have also been linked with Lucas Leiva according to the Mirror.

The report claims that the Lucas could be on the verge of an exit from Liverpool as part of head coach Jurgen Klopp’s overhaul of the squad

Lucas made 40 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions last season.[/article]

http://www.fotomac.com.tr/galatasaray/2016/07/15/yeni-melo-liverpoollu-lucas-leiva
[article]Galatasaray have struck a deal with Liverpool to loan the Brazilian international midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Turkish outlet Fotomac have reported that the Istanbul giants director of football Cenk Ergun has held talks with the Red’s and reached an agreement to sign Lucan on a season long loan.

The report goes onto say that Galatasaray are yet to agree personal terms with the defensive midfielder.

Lucas has one year remaining on this contract with Liverpool which may lead to the Red’s cashing in on the Brazil international.

Galatasaray’s Istanbul rivals Besiktas have also been linked with Lucas Leiva according to the Mirror.

The report claims that the Lucas could be on the verge of an exit from Liverpool as part of head coach Jurgen Klopp’s overhaul of the squad

Lucas made 40 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions last season.[/article]

Huh? That would make absolutely no sense.

As Skully said... WTF? That article must have been written by a 12 year old for a school project. It doesn't make sense.

BREAKING: Mario Götze will sign for Dortmund on a 5 year deal for €28m, according to SPORTBILD.

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 40m40 minutes ago
Liverpool and Fenerbache have settled on a fee worth around £800,000 (€1m) for the season-long deal for Lucas. (Turkish website Fotomac)
Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 34m34 minutes ago
Lucas' wages may be an issue with Fenerbache unable to cover his £3M a year salary.
Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 10m10 minutes ago
BREAKING: Mario Götze has joined Dortmund on a 5yr deal. (SportsBild)

Fucking hell, what a magnificent summer this will be if Lucas, Markovic, Balotelli, Alberto, Toure and Enrique are all off the payroll and out of Anfield!

coming up and sticking with the same team is usually a recipe for relegation. At least boro are having a go, roll the dice.

Everton look to poach Leicester City's highly-rated talent spotter Steve Walsh by offering him director of football role
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...h-leicester-citys-highly-rated-talent-spotte/
[article]Everton have made an audacious approach for Leicester's head of recruitment Steve Walsh and want him as their new directo‎r of football.

Walsh has been targeted for a crucial role at Goodison Park and is considering the move in a potentially damaging blow to the Premier League champions.

Telegraph Sport understands talks have been ongoing this week and Walsh has not travelled to Austria to join Claudio Ranieri and his squad for their pre-season training camp.

Sources have also claimed that Walsh, who is also Leicester's joint-assistant manager, has not been seen at the club in recent days.

Walsh is seen as one of English football's most highly-regarded recruitment chiefs after being credited with the discoveries of Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy and N'Golo Kante.

Everton are revamping their structure under new head coach Ronald Koeman ‎and want Walsh to make the move to Merseyside, barely six weeks after he signed a new contract with Leicester. It is believed Everton will have to pay hefty compensation to land the former school teacher, who is still weighing up whether to leave the King Power Stadium.

Earlier this summer, Everton failed in a bid to lure Sevilla's transfer guru Monchi and Bill Kenwright, the chairman, has admitted a director of football is part of new owner Farhad Moshiri's long-term vision.

"It's something I wasn't used to so I didn't really know a lot about it because there seemed to be a lot of cross-fertilisation with my role," he said.

"But it is modern football and if you get the right one it is a big plus. We are talking to various directors of football and Ronald has worked with a lot of directors of football and will embrace that as well as the Everton way. So I would have thought yes, we are leaning towards appointing a director of football but Ronald has to be part of that process.

"Various first-rate people have been mentioned. What I have picked up in the last four weeks is it is an important role and if done right it can add to a football club."

With Leicester's defence of the title starting in ‎four weeks, the departure of Walsh will be viewed as an untimely blow. Walsh joined Leicester with former manager Nigel Pearson for a second spell in November 2011 and also works alongside fellow assistant Craig Shakespeare. Leicester have confirmed the approach. [/article]

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercat...gente-milan-liverpool-pari-160362949787.shtml
[article]Udinese-owned Poland international Piotr Zielinski is wanted by Milan, Napoli and Liverpool. “We’ve decided, but it’s a secret,” said his agent.

The midfielder impressed on loan at Empoli and for his country at Euro 2016, but has been close to all three clubs over a complex summer.

“I met owner Pozzo and spoke to Udinese today. We are trying to find the best solution both for the club and the player. We’ll see what happens next week,” agent Bartolomej Bolek told Gazzetta.it.

“We know that many offers reached Udinese for Zielinski. We’re talking to Pozzo and the interested clubs.

“After the Euros he went on vacation, as he needed to rest after a long season. He will return to Udine on July 22 or 23.”

Is it true that Liverpool have been tracking Zielinski for many weeks?

“It’s true, but I don’t like to talk about negotiations in the papers.”

According to reports, Liverpool haven’t actually made a formal offer, whereas Milan proposed €15m plus bonuses and Napoli bid €14m plus Juan Camilo Zuniga.

“I don’t know precisely what offers have been made to Udinese. In the meeting with Pozzo I analysed the situation and the requests.”

Napoli already confirmed Zielinski turned them down, so does he have a preference between Milan and Liverpool?

“We have already made our decision, but for the moment it’s a secret…”[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom