• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper
Karius
Ward
Ming

LB
Robertson
Moreno
Gomez

CB
Virg
Lovren
Klavan
Matip

RB
Trent
Clyne

DM
Fabinho
Henderson
Milner

CM
Keita
Wijnaldum

AM
Shaqiri
Oxlade
Lallana

WF
Salah
Mane
Fekir
Wilson

CF
Firmino

If the no signing rumours are true, keeper and CF looks fucked.
But then we knew that and being saying it for years. Along with DM. At least we got one of those finally

It will be a GK and Fekir imho. Looks like we might keep Sturridge for 1 more year and let Ings leave. Maybe.

Keep hearing that Frankie is going to rangers on loan.

If that's true then I struggle to believe we won't get any backup forward in.

You'd think a move to the Championship would make more sense.
Agree completely. Never been keen on players going to Scotland on loan as the standard isn't close enough to the Premier league imo.

That said it's preferable to him staying here & not getting any real run of games, but you'd assume there'd be a fair few English clubs who would have wanted him.

If Studge had his confidence to run at pace back, he would be an option as back up CF - but would he accept that? I also expect Origi to be used more in that way rather than out wide. The problem i see with Divock (amongst other things) is that his instinct is to run in to the channels when sometimes we need him to be a threat centrally.

I don't think Klopp at even his most optimistic would consider having sturridge as a backup forward with his injury record.

You wouldn't keep a spare tyre in the car that got a puncture after you used it for ten minutes every single time you needed.

I don't think Klopp at even his most optimistic would consider having sturridge as a backup forward with his injury record.

You wouldn't keep a spare tyre in the car that got a puncture after you used it for ten minutes every single time you needed.
This year will be different

Klopp would probably go for Origi instead, but neither Origi or Studge fill me with any confidence that they can contribute with anything this season.
Origi has the talent but not the confidence nor the mental strength. Sturridge just seems finished.

Max Meyer on a free.

Any takers - young, but is he good enough.

That might make the Wynaldum rumours make more sense.

We need depth in midfield. Last season showed we didnt have any, at all. Selling Gini wouldnt be very clever at all.

Couple of points on the above.

It'd make sense for Solanke to Rangers IF they make it to the Europa league group stages. If not then championship.

I've read that Max Meyer needs to lower his wage demands.

We need depth in midfield. Last season showed we didnt have any, at all. Selling Gini wouldnt be very clever at all.

Eh? Last year showed we had plenty, or well, enough. We lost Coutinho, Lallana, Can and AOC, yet we still managed to put out a competitive trio. If we had lost four in attack or defence, we would have been well and truly fucked. Midfield was the only position we had depth.

Eh? Last year showed we had plenty, or well, enough. We lost Coutinho, Lallana, Can and AOC, yet we still managed to put out a competitive trio. If we had lost four in attack or defence, we would have been well and truly fucked. Midfield was the only position we had depth.

We did have Matip, Gomez, Moreno & Clyne all injured- before we signed VVD - and coped.

I reckon we’d cope again if the same 4 were injured next season too.

[emoji6]

We did have Matip, Gomez, Moreno & Clyne all injured- before we signed VVD - and coped.

I reckon we’d cope again if the same 4 were injured next season too.

[emoji6]

Fair point.

Can you please reconcile the attack and at least tell me I got that one right?

We've lost Coutinho and Can. AOC is injured until November. Henderson still struggles a bit with fitness.
I doesnt make sense to sell Gini when we are going to play 55 odd games this season.

Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Gini, Henderson and AOC. Thats a great midfield with the right amount of cover.

Zidane has gone to Juve as director of football, starts October. So they'll have Ronaldo, Zidane, and champions league football to draw players in.

Wilson loaned to Derby. Would have preferred to see him go to a PL team - his time at Hull showed he is too good for the Championship. Also not sure how I feel about him under a first time manager too..

Inter also want Malcom. He favours Inter and not Everton according to the Italian media.

Soton want Ings, Newcastle want Origi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom