• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham would ask for 50M minimum now as well. Whoever buys him is going to be forced to pay through the nose.

Worth paying if he's that good as he's also homegrown.

I think Keita is here for that role. His passing range is excellent.

I think we need an ACTUAL forward more than a Coutinho lite.

Our first(ish) 11

Allison
Robertson
Virgil
Degsy
Trent

Fabinho
Henderson/Gini
Keita

Salah
Mane
Bobby

Bench still leaves us
Karius
Moreno
Klavan
Matip
Clyne
Milner
Solanke
Lallana
Sturridge
Shaqiri
Origi
Woodburn
Gomez
Ox
Brewster
Other yout dem.

We are hardly lacking options
I think people asking for a 50 or 60m player to effectively sit on the bench are dreaming.

In an ideal world we have a quality little back up to Bobby. Some up and comer who is a year away from pushing Bobby for a start.
But all in all thats as good eskwad as I can remember in the premier league.

I would like Solanke and Origi and Ings to go and one great back up in. And if that doesnt happen we are VERY injury dependant.
Lets hope that doesnt haunt us later.

Oh and SIGN FUCKING SESSEGNON. Now while hes 30m and not next year when hes 70m
Agree with all that

Problem is finding someone who will sit on the bench and play second fiddle, AND be good enough to replace Bobby

I honestly think klopp is hoping sturridge can pull it out the fire

Simply not true. It's fair enough that he has shown patience and determination in certain cases - sometimes positively, sometimes not - when it comes to signing players, but let's not pretend Shaqiri was a Plan A signing, and also not forget that Salah, for example, was one of two or three winger options last summer. Klopp didn't even know as much about him as he did about Brandt, who was his preferred signing.
Shaqiri is a stop-gap signing to replace Ox. That became clear once the news broke.

From what I've read, Klopps scouts insisted we sign Salah over Brandt. Klopp went with their judgement over his own.

I think Keita is here for that role. His passing range is excellent.

I think we need an ACTUAL forward more than a Coutinho lite.

Our first(ish) 11

Allison
Robertson
Virgil
Degsy
Trent

Fabinho
Henderson/Gini
Keita

Salah
Mane
Bobby

Bench still leaves us
Karius
Moreno
Klavan
Matip
Clyne
Milner
Solanke
Lallana
Sturridge
Shaqiri
Origi
Woodburn
Gomez
Ox
Brewster
Other yout dem.

We are hardly lacking options
I think people asking for a 50 or 60m player to effectively sit on the bench are dreaming.

In an ideal world we have a quality little back up to Bobby. Some up and comer who is a year away from pushing Bobby for a start.
But all in all thats as good eskwad as I can remember in the premier league.

I would like Solanke and Origi and Ings to go and one great back up in. And if that doesnt happen we are VERY injury dependant.
Lets hope that doesnt haunt us later.

Oh and SIGN FUCKING SESSEGNON. Now while hes 30m and not next year when hes 70m

Good post man... but Degsy?

A5E06728-C991-4DC5-875B-0EC5E86885DB.jpeg
FUCKING PROBLEM?
Good post man... but Degsy?

SESSEGNON will go for closer to 100 million if he moves next summer. Zaha has a £70 million price tag this window.

I know it would be nice to bring in another couple of signings, particularly an attacking A.M. like Fekir, but we are in a better position than most of our rivals who have hardly recruited at all with Chelsea looking like they are going to be weakened rather than strengthened this summer

Gelson Martins looks to be signing for AM that leaves his compatriot Bruno Fernandes still with out a club. Seeing that he is free and Wini wants to leave, a good option?

A bit harsh to be upset when we've just signed Alisson, Shaqiri, Keita and Fabinho!
Harsh? I think not.

This is a very good squad, which has achieved some nice things in the past 2 years - consecutive top 4 finishes, a CL final, and the ability to beat some of the best sides in Europe. This summer was about taking the next step, and actually winning something. So far, we've done fabulously - addressed most of our positions of need with what seems (at least on paper) to be genuine quality.

That said, if there is ONE weakness now in this squad, it's a lack of depth and variety in attack. And not to say anything of the need to legislate for injury/suspension/fatigue.

On its day, our attack is as good as any in Europe, capable of putting any team to the sword. But over the course of a season, it doesn't have enough depth or unpredictability.

Just compare it to City's - they have 2 great finishers (Aguero and Jesus), 2 pacy wingers (Sane and Sterling), 2 world class playmakers (De Bruyne and Silva), and have now added a brilliant match-winner in Mahrez. Oh, and I forgot totally about Bernardo Silva.
Look at the sheer options - they can play a variety of formations, styles and systems. Even if the system isn't working against a particularly dogged team, there's enough talent there to win a game on pure individual brilliance.

Compared to that, ours looks one-dimensional. Our front three, as brilliant as they are, rely on the pressing and counter-attack to work well. Moreover, they need to constantly play as a unit to be successful. Take any one of the three out, and it looks disjointed and imbalanced. Park the bus, and you can potentially blunt them.

It NEEDS more variety. Shaqiri will help - he has the ability to get on the ball, and belt one in from 30 yards, even if the system isn't working particularly well. That's great. But we need more. Another player who can get on the ball, and unlock the defence on his own individual ability. Someone who's versatile enough to play 2-3 positions, and ensure that our attack isn't blunted if any of the present three goes missing through injury/suspension.

Nothing will suck more than seeing this squad finish 4 points short of a title because it was stretched too thin by April.

Harsh? I think not.

This is a very good squad, which has achieved some nice things in the past 2 years - consecutive top 4 finishes, a CL final, and the ability to beat some of the best sides in Europe. This summer was about taking the next step, and actually winning something. So far, we've done fabulously - addressed most of our positions of need with what seems (at least on paper) to be genuine quality.

That said, if there is ONE weakness now in this squad, it's a lack of depth and variety in attack. And not to say anything of the need to legislate for injury/suspension/fatigue.

On its day, our attack is as good as any in Europe, capable of putting any team to the sword. But over the course of a season, it doesn't have enough depth or unpredictability.

Just compare it to City's - they have 2 great finishers (Aguero and Jesus), 2 pacy wingers (Sane and Sterling), 2 world class playmakers (De Bruyne and Silva), and have now added a brilliant match-winner in Mahrez. Oh, and I forgot totally about Bernardo Silva.
Look at the sheer options - they can play a variety of formations, styles and systems. Even if the system isn't working against a particularly dogged team, there's enough talent there to win a game on pure individual brilliance.

Compared to that, ours looks one-dimensional. Our front three, as brilliant as they are, rely on the pressing and counter-attack to work well. Moreover, they need to constantly play as a unit to be successful. Take any one of the three out, and it looks disjointed and imbalanced. Park the bus, and you can potentially blunt them.

It NEEDS more variety. Shaqiri will help - he has the ability to get on the ball, and belt one in from 30 yards, even if the system isn't working particularly well. That's great. But we need more. Another player who can get on the ball, and unlock the defence on his own individual ability. Someone who's versatile enough to play 2-3 positions, and ensure that our attack isn't blunted if any of the present three goes missing through injury/suspension.

Nothing will suck more than seeing this squad finish 4 points short of a title because it was stretched too thin by April.

This is all pretty good stuff, and I do agree with it, although it's only fair to point out that we don't have the resources to actually buy that many options, unlike the Arab-funded City, who can have lots of £40 and £50m players on the bench.

Not many teams, if any, can compare themselves to City though. In terms of spending, ability to have so many high paid players in a squad and not give a fuck if some of them doesn't play.

That said, I hope we get Fekir as that is the one thing missing from this squad. But regardless, this has been one of the best transfer windows in God knows how long.

Harsh? I think not.

You forgot Gudogon too who is brilliant.

Cities squad shits all over ours in terms of depth and variety

Liverpool's attack is "one dimensional"????

Not sure you'll find many (outside of here, at least) who would try to argue that with a straight face.

Roma making a move to sign Everton target Malcolm. Seems they may miss out on him, if they had any chance all together, because we fund the move with the Alisson signing. Heh. Poor Blueshites.

Harsh? I think not.

Entitlement is a bitch, right?

Harsh? I think not.

Harsh and unrealistic. We will never have a squad like city because we simply can't afford it unless we get new owners. Fuck me even manure can't afford it.

Harsh and unrealistic. We will never have a squad like city because we simply can't afford it unless we get new owners. Fuck me even manure can't afford it.

Yes, they can.

And I don't think it's harsh. Dmish is just saying we need one more player. And we do.

Yes, they can.

And I don't think it's harsh. Dmish is just saying we need one more player. And we do.

@dmishra - is correct we do need one more player. Everyone is excited about our new signings and rightly so but I don't think any of these signings give us what we really lacked in midfield last season. Keita - I understand is a box to box player who puts defense first, Fabinho from my understanding is gonna take time to fit into the system. The way I see it - Keita is going to be a better version of Can, and Fabinho is someone we needed as a DM. But in many ways we are in the situation we were after selling Coutinho - we put in a missing piece in VVD, and never replaced Coutinho which in the end cost us in the final in many ways.

We had another massive problem last season which was dealing with being pressed, and a complete inability by our midfield to retain the ball, see Arsenal 2nd half, see Spurs 2nd half at home see the last few games of the season before Brighton, see large periods of the games against Man City (even though we won them - with decisions going our way). To deal with such problems you need to have strong ball retainers who can distract a defense and get the team moving forward with key passes rather than holding onto it and keep losing it by passing it sideways and backwards. On that basis I would sign someone like Fekir and if we don't - we will still have problems next season. People are are saying we are gonna be title contenders but I don't know of any team in this league that have won a title in recent years without a combination of a recognised top level striker and a creative midfielder to back them up - take Hazard/Costa, Mahrez/Vardy, and recently De Bruyne/Auguero. We need someone to drive that midfield, to lay on those key passes, and I ain't talking about a deep lying Alonso type either.

I know this won't be popular but it looks like the Bitters are making a decent move. The Beeb are saying they are bidding £50m for Richarilison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom