• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Suso no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when someone you hope has what it takes gets a chance. Let's watch Suso become a legend. His left foot is a wand.
Careful now the last left footed wizard we had ended up a crock of sh*t!

Suso has looked very promising so far. Delighted he's signed on.

Rodgers reveals Liverpool FC's long-term plan for Suso
PUBLISHED: Friday Nov 16 2012 | UPDATED Nov 16 2012

Liverpool plan to utilise Suso as a long-term playmaker, Brendan Rodgers has revealed.

The 18-year-old earned his first cap for Spain's under-21 side in their win over Italy on Tuesday night in the latest achievement in a whirlwind season for the highly-rated Reds youngster.

His emergence alongside fellow academy graduates Raheem Sterling has already earned him a new long-term contact at Anfield, having been deployed as in various roles to alleviate Liverpool's lack of attacking options, with Luis Suarez constituting their sole senior striker until January.

Suso's impact as a substitute in last weekend's 1-1 draw with Chelsea had a game-changing effect which led to Suarez's equaliser and Rodgers is keen to capitalise on the starlet's creativity in the long run by deploying him in the central role which has seen him excel for Spain.

He said: "I think his best position is that number 10 role and we'll nurture that over the next couple of years.

"He's a young kid that's just come up to work with us over the course of the summer. He's played some games and done very, very well. I've asked him to play in that false winger, that seven-and-a-half role, where he's more on the inside.

"But ultimately his best position will be the [number] 10 and as I said, he's a great young kid for us to have in the group and develop in the coming years."

Suso provided the perfect foil for Suarez prior to drawing Liverpool level at Stamford Bridge and the Uruguayan's upturn in form this season has been increasingly noticeable.

Rodgers sees similarities in the playing styles of the coveted striker, who this week attracted the attention of Manchester City, and Didier Drogba, who the Kop boss worked with at Chelsea.

"Some players prefer to play up there, in that central role, on their own. I worked with Didier Drogba at Chelsea and if he was playing alongside someone else directly in a two it would get in his way," he admitted.

"He needed that freedom to work both sides and I think you find [the same] with Luis and this way he moves freely with it in that false nine role. But obviously what you have to then have is people moving in off of that into the spaces that he vacates.

"I just think it's a big mark of he's improving all the time. He's got more experience now in this country.

"He knows he's got to dig deep at this particular moment in time but he's a guy who loves football and you see his passion, you see his work and I just think the more goals you score as a striker you become more confident.

"He now goes into every game knowing that he's got a great chance to get on the score sheet. But he also has to credit that to his team mates as well. Luis gets a lot of praise and a lot of adulation, which is correct, but he can't score the goals on his own.

"Over the coming months and years we'll look to grow people around him to support him even more."

"Over the coming months and years we'll look to grow people around him to support him even more."

I knew it. That self-obsessed cunt Rodgers wants to populate the team with players created by his own seed. He's growing the fuckers from scratch. I fear this could be a longer term plan than we first thought.

He just looks out of position to me (which granted, he is), he seems to be struggling to get in the thick of the action, it's only when he comes narrow that he starts to interact with the other players, play good one-twos etc. We're so swamped in the middle of the park though at the minute, it's all a bit predictable.

I think that was always the concern whenever we discussed giving him a chance - he's not the sort of player you can throw on and tell him to do a job in an unfamiliar position. But thankfully he's had enough little cameos in the middle to show what his potential is, and hopefully once Lucas is back there'll be more space and movement further forward for him to exploit.

Now there's a 'false winger' as well as a 'false number 9'! And I hope we retire that 7 and a half shirt before it even gets used! Stuff and nonsense!!

The spanish and their midget players started all this false nine, 7 and a half bullshit. There'll be everlasting defensive midfielders next, Its like fucking willy wonkas football factory!

That's exactly what I wanted to hear from Rodgers.

It's not entirely genuine though is it. It was by pure luck and an ass-whooping from Chelsea which forced him to pick Suso in the middle and then realise that it is his best position. I guarantee you that Rodgers then went home that night preoccupied with how stupid he may look having played Suso as a winger all this time. So now he is coming out with this bullshit about how it was his idea all along to play him as a number 10. lol yeah whatever.

Would be interesting to see how he develops over next few years, if he keeps his feet on the ground and works hard he could be a star or end up as another J. pennant/Bentley

It's not entirely genuine though is it. It was by pure luck and an ass-whooping from Chelsea which forced him to pick Suso in the middle and then realise that it is his best position. I guarantee you that Rodgers then went home that night preoccupied with how stupid he may look having played Suso as a winger all this time. So now he is coming out with this bullshit about how it was his idea all along to play him as a number 10. lol yeah whatever.
Well considering it's Suso's position for his national side, that all his coaches at the club know his position, I'd say yeah Rodgers knew where Suso's best position was, considering the 5 year contract he signed him up to.

It's just that Suso played a lot of games on the wing for the reserves (they start players all over the pitch to help with development), and he did well there. And happened to be our best option.
If some of us were talking up Suso as our future central midfield star here in the summer (and last year) you'd imagine Rodgers knew Suso's best position.

Arse.

Stick to the 'cells aren't babies' chat in GC dantes. You're out of your depth here.

Well considering it's Suso's position for his national side, that all his coaches at the club know his position, I'd say yeah Rodgers knew where Suso's best position was, considering the 5 year contract he signed him up to.

It's just that Suso played a lot of games on the wing for the reserves (they start players all over the pitch to help with development), and he did well there. And happened to be our best option.
If some of us were talking up Suso as our future central midfield star here in the summer (and last year) you'd imagine Rodgers knew Suso's best position.

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom