• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Swans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking chairmen are money grabbing cunts. Swansea away on a Monday night is a right pain for traveling fans.

Ah OK I do remember that now. Then you know where they got the plot idea from :) Truth stranger than fiction and all that jazz.

EDIT. not sure if this is the same one or maybe it was Anthrax and not BP. One child died here.
BBC : http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170504-there-are-diseases-hidden-in-ice-and-they-are-waking-up

I'm sure that was the one now I've reread it. Not that BP isn't a threat in Russia (see July 2016 report below) but it's not relevant to the story I remembered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3689697/Fears-mass-BUBONIC-PLAGUE-outbreak-Russia.html

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise you'd done so much research into the topic.

Have you seen The Thing? You should watch it and take some notes

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise you'd done so much research into the topic.

Have you seen The Thing? You should watch it and take some notes
So much ? I know you hate to research anything but a quick Google takes about 30 secs and I was interested in clarifying my memory, and confirming it wasn't Sci-Fi, at my age you never know, the memory can play tricks.
The BBC article is very interesting, you should try reading it at least, and maybe the Mail one too to counter-balance your lack of any actual sense of humour - repetition doesn't make it better.

Last edited:
Tottenham's draw putting a good reward on this game now - win and we open up a 5 point gap to 5th place. I hope the weather isn't like that Swansea game the other week when it was pissing down with rain, standing water on the pitch and swirling winds. I fancy us to batter them.

Tottenham's draw putting a good reward on this game now - win and we open up a 5 point gap to 5th place. I hope the weather isn't like that Swansea game the other week when it was pissing down with rain, standing water on the pitch and swirling winds. I fancy us to batter them.
5 pts would be great with Spurs playing United and then us next.

I'd almost hope United won (pref a draw) to knock some confidence out of them ahead of a trip to Anfield. The sooner we can get the gap to 10/11 pts with Spurs, the better.

Then we can focus on catching Chelsea/United.

Tomorrow we need a convincing win.

5 pts would be great with Spurs playing United and then us next.

I'd almost hope United won (pref a draw) to knock some confidence out of them ahead of a trip to Anfield. The sooner we can get the gap to 10/11 pts with Spurs, the better.

Then we can focus on catching Chelsea/United.

Tomorrow we need a convincing win.

United will probably win, Spurs have a habit of bending over when they play them.

United will probably win, Spurs have a habit of bending over when they play them.

I'd be happy with that. I think United will continue to grind out results whereas Chelsea are the ones stuttering. At this stage with winning the league not a possibility, i'd be happy with United & Chelsea beating Spurs & Arsenal if it helps cement our Top 4 finish.

I hope they draw every game against each other. Loads of injuries and cards. I want second by a big of a margin as possible.

I hope they draw every game against each other. Loads of injuries and cards. I want second by a big of a margin as possible.

Not nice to wish injuries on anyone but if it was a crippling injury to a player getting paid £500,000 a week I might find it amusing.

Two predictions that will inevitably end up being entirely correct:
  1. We'll make an array of changes from the City game. Trent AA, VVD, Lallana, etc all to come in.
  2. We'll absolutely fucking destroy these Welsh cunts. No hyperbole required, it'll be at least 5.

Not nice to wish injuries on anyone but if it was a crippling injury to a player getting paid £500,000 a week I might find it amusing.
Agree, but may be slightly better if the crippling injury happens in the first match in February

I was fearing a blue Monday. Monday night fixtures haven't always been that kind to us throughout the years. But f**k that, let's batter theses. VVD, Salah and Frimino all to score.

I’d forgotten about VVD’s size and danger on set pieces. 8-0 is my new prediction. Salah x3, Manè x2, Firmino, VVD and Lallana.

Two predictions that will inevitably end up being entirely correct:
  1. We'll make an array of changes from the City game. Trent AA, VVD, Lallana, etc all to come in.
  2. We'll absolutely fucking destroy these Welsh cunts. No hyperbole required, it'll be at least 5.

I do hope so. I've suddenly started feeling anxious about the game. Can't explain why!

Any point doing line-ups? It's almost got to Benitez levels of uncertainty.

Karius

TTA-----VVD-------Matip/Lovren-------Robertson

Lallana----------Can----------Wijnaldum

Salah-------------Firmino------Mane

Maybe something like that?

I'd be tempted to play Mignolet, as he is at least a known quantity of shite, and Gomez has been making a stupid mistake every game, so maybe give TTA a game.

Other than that, I think the biggest question marks will be in midfield and the possibility of resting Can, who has been played an awful lot, and Lallana/ Chamberlain. Lallana certainly needs games, as he was poor in his last appearance, but Chamberlain is in a good run of form.

We should easily win this anyway, regardless of who plays, but we've said that a few times under Klopp and been horribly let down. Still, we're in a great run of form, so hopefully we can keep it going against this shit team.

I do hope so. I've suddenly started feeling anxious about the game. Can't explain why!

I can. We've fallen flat on our faces so many times against teams we think we should beat easily: Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Hull.

Oh, and also Swansea.

Yeah, what we should do and what we tend to do often don't marry up

Not this time Fabio.

It provably merits it's own thread, which I may do when I have time, but this run of 18 games has given a great deal of players a great deal of experience. We've had some 2-1 games, all of which have been different in quite wildly varying ways, we've come from behind to win, held on to leads & we've battered some sides.

We've had long periods of possession with little reward yet have finally learned that we can continue to push for a late winner, we've stopped throwing all our energy at the first twenty minutes & then let the other side back in once we don't get that elusive first goal, & had spells where we're simply unplayable.

This run is fucking brilliant, & were it not for the exploits of City, our 18 game unbeaten run would be pretty much all over the media, now that we've beaten City it brings expectation, which is a pressure previous sides, including Klopp sides, have cracked under, but I honestly believe that this side has a real belief about it that only the experience of time & winning games in different ways brings, & I think our fans are beginning to feel that too.

I'm confident we'll win, they either come out & play us, in which case we fucking trounce them by at least three or four, regardless of the side we pick (provided at least two of the usual front three play), or they try to park the bus, which they'll struggle with cos it's not their natural game & we'll still beat them by at least two goals.

Everton were shite against these yet still beat them easily. This is a very poor side we're playing, whether they're at the arse end of Wales or not, we'll beat these.

Dave - didn’t you read my post?

I did. I think that post and Momo's one got me thinking positively again. Fuck all Swans.

Mo Salah is even money to score anytime in one of the bookies over here. What do you think, PRINTING money this Monday?

Not this time Fabio.

It provably merits it's own thread, which I may do when I have time, but this run of 18 games has given a great deal of players a great deal of experience. We've had some 2-1 games, all of which have been different in quite wildly varying ways, we've come from behind to win, held on to leads & we've battered some sides.

We've had long periods of possession with little reward yet have finally learned that we can continue to push for a late winner, we've stopped throwing all our energy at the first twenty minutes & then let the other side back in once we don't get that elusive first goal, & had spells where we're simply unplayable.

This run is fucking brilliant, & were it not for the exploits of City, our 18 game unbeaten run would be pretty much all over the media, now that we've beaten City it brings expectation, which is a pressure previous sides, including Klopp sides, have cracked under, but I honestly believe that this side has a real belief about it that only the experience of time & winning games in different ways brings, & I think our fans are beginning to feel that too.

I'm confident we'll win, they either come out & play us, in which case we fucking trounce them by at least three or four, regardless of the side we pick (provided at least two of the usual front three play), or they try to park the bus, which they'll struggle with cos it's not their natural game & we'll still beat them by at least two goals.

Everton were shite against these yet still beat them easily. This is a very poor side we're playing, whether they're at the arse end of Wales or not, we'll beat these.

Every run has to end, and I still don't trust our ability against shite, ESPECIALLY after a great result like last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom