• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

System failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah… let’s not panic too much here - it’s not unheard of that players go through a patch where things are quite working out and they’re not on top form.

As it stands if you pull together all the various discussion points on this site - Konate, Robbo (before injury), Trent, Gravy, MacAllistar, Slobbers, Diaz, Gakpo, Jota (pre injury), Nunez, Diaz, Salah are all out of form; Tsimikas, Curtis, Harvey, Gomez & Endo are all pretty shit and not really good enough, while Badger, Thiago & Matip are dead.

That leaves Virgil & Alisson as our only decent players.

Honestly… I can’t see how we stay up this season with so many out of form, shit or dead!!!

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!! We’re 2nd!!!! A point of the leader!!!!!

It’s almost as if we’ve forgotten that introducing loads of new players into a top end team can sometimes not lead to instant gratification.

I know…. Only one thing for it!!!!

Lets’s sign loads more and try to integrate them mid season - seems like a good idea!!!

This post was almost, almost, perfect but then “A point of the leader”!

Now I can’t even begin to process it

Maybe you’re not reading many posts - but the only forward who hasn’t been criticised for his performances of late on here is Jota - because he’s dead again.
Jota doesn't even start many games when our main 3 are available. I have been on Diaz's case since last season, and he's still terrible. He seems to go under the radar totally for being largely mediocre.

Nunez is just a convenient target. No one in our team even gets as many chances to miss like him. That shows he is getting the chances. The hope is that he will one day come good, that's the idea anyway.

Jota doesn't even start many games when our main 3 are available. I have been on Diaz's case since last season, and he's still terrible. He seems to go under the radar totally for being largely mediocre.

Nunez is just a convenient target. No one in our team even gets as many chances to miss like him. That shows he is getting the chances. The hope is that he will one day come good, that's the idea anyway.

Agreed on the Nunez being a scape donkey.

I couldn't disagree more on jota. Klopp started jota all the time even when he wasn't scoring last season. He'd be the second one on the team sheet right now behind Salah, then it's horses for courses.

Agreed on the Nunez being a scape donkey.

I couldn't disagree more on jota. Klopp started jota all the time even when he wasn't scoring last season. He'd be the second one on the team sheet right now behind Salah, then it's horses for courses.
Nah, whenever Diaz is available, Diaz starts over Jota most of the time. Diaz was out for most of last season.

After Diaz came back from injury, he was poor. He had been fit since, had a pre-season, but he hadn't pulled up any trees at all. Nobody ever calls him out.

However, on 9 October, Díaz came off for Roberto Firmino in the 42nd minute of a game against Arsenal due to an knee injury.[52] After seven months in the sidelines, Díaz made his return from injury on 17 April, replacing Cody Gakpo in the 81st minute of a 6–1 away win over Leeds United.[

Is it a matter of too many similar players?
With Trent inverting, we don't have that wide player in the right to give Salah space. Szobo does it but it seems a waste of his skillset. The only one that really goes wide is Tsimikas.

I'm actually tempted to put Darwin on the right and tell him to make the runs

Maybe you’re not reading many posts - but the only forward who hasn’t been criticised for his performances of late on here is Jota - because he’s dead again.
The only escape from the wrath of stevie is to die

With Trent inverting, we don't have that wide player in the right to give Salah space. Szobo does it but it seems a waste of his skillset. The only one that really goes wide is Tsimikas.

The dreaded heritage of Cisse

We have just created 34 shots, 2nd in the league, with Klopp saying we were more dominant in the 0-0 than the 7-0 and yet people seem to be insinuating we have a system failure of some sort.

In truth, if our front 3 just get their act together, we would not be having this conversation. That supposedly our main strengths over our rivals this season and at the moment it's not looking that way, simple as that.
About half of those shots were just blasting the ball into the first defender like a dumb school bully

This post was almost, almost, perfect but then “A point of the leader”!

Now I can’t even begin to process it

My fat fingers missed off an “f”.

I curse you fat fingers l… curse you.

The BBC are carrying an article about the evolving role of full backs. This surprised me:

"Liverpool have played 27 league games since Alexander-Arnold started inverting into midfield and have racked up 62 points, more than any other team during that period."

The BBC are carrying an article about the evolving role of full backs. This surprised me:

"Liverpool have played 27 league games since Alexander-Arnold started inverting into midfield and have racked up 62 points, more than any other team during that period."

There is a danger of only taking into account one variable when looking at the outcome there.

This is why we’re whinging on an internet forum and not being an elite football manager.

"I unplugged my computer monitor but I've discovered by pure muscle memory alone I could type, and I'm tempted to use my phone via remote desktop to control my PC now. There's all sorts of solutions to my unavoidable problem."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom