• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
For those that think it's sacrilege to speak about another team please fuck off

So, Arteta has been in charge for 12 months or so and Arsenal are still regularly getting twatted and even their star players look like chumps.

What are they doing wrong?

Is not playing Ozil sensible?

Who's likely to jump into Arteta's seat if the board decide enough's enough?

To be fair- getting rid of Arteta after a year would be utterly stupid, especially given the circumstances - COVID, etc - not really conducive to squad building.

Too much deadwood, too many average or overpriced players brought in, too many old players that shouldn’t be there.

It’s great to see though, so fuck ‘em.

There’s a thread on redcafe about players who are actually past it and not just out of form. Rooney is one example they discuss and a recent suggestion that was made is Aubameyang. Have arsenal fucked themselves with another Ozil?

Also Willian on a three year deal, who’s allowing this madness?

I love Ozil getting brought into it all the time like he's some sort of Gerrard in the stands with the ability to pull them out of the shit. Personally I really dislike him as a player, he has been a 60 minute luxury all his career imo and he's hardly going do much now.

There’s a thread on redcafe about players who are actually past it and not just out of form. Rooney is one example they discuss and a recent suggestion that was made is Aubameyang. Have arsenal fucked themselves with another Ozil?

Also Willian on a three year deal, who’s allowing this madness?

I love Ozil getting brought into it all the time like he's some sort of Gerrard in the stands with the ability to pull them out of the shit. Personally I really dislike him as a player, he has been a 60 minute luxury all his career imo and he's hardly going do much now.

Do you have a link? I have some well researched and reasoned arguments I’d like to make about Rooney being past his peak.

It’s a weird one, Arsenal while still miles off challenging in the league we’re looking to be moving in the right direction. It’s all gone to shit.

Sean must be Jizzing around the clock ATM

It's fucking weird that they seem to have dissolved from hopeful of top 4 to pure shite.

Arsenal TV rubberneckers will be having a great time though.

The players just aren't arsed. It doesn't mean anything to them, win lose or draw. That's what I see from their body language anyway.

looks like a few issues
a) most of the squad is still Wenger's
b) dumping Ozil (even if for legitimate reasons - as he's clearly a bad trainer) has caused friction in the squad
c) a board that has no vision

We need to get Saliba (he basically stood up for Guendozi on social media, and Pepe (!) mocked him for it) for 10 million next transfer before they fire Arteta

To be fair- getting rid of Arteta after a year would be utterly stupid, especially given the circumstances - COVID, etc - not really conducive to squad building.

Too much deadwood, too many average or overpriced players brought in, too many old players that shouldn’t be there.

See, I'm not one for sacking managers, and usually would say this is too soon, but they're regressing under Arteta. There are no positives. He's falling out with and alienating players, he's playing utterly dire football, he's sticking by shit players and ignoring other options, players look disinterested and look like they're going backwards, he doesn't look like he can organise a defence, the attack is nonexistent, he's regularly getting schooled tactically... I could go on...

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd defo want him out. He may have killed his managerial career before it's even started.

Numberwang missed a sitter last week, the kind of one where you'd need picking up off the floor by your mates but he just laughed and clapped the dude who'd passed to him, who gave him a thumbs up.

They just don't give a shit.

Wenger was there for a very long time. Hopefully, they will go through manager churn and be shit for many years to come.

I really thought Arteta looked like a great appointment early on. But like every single time I think anything, I was wrong.

Its odd he did start well, and his departure seemed to coincide with City starting to go stale. He was very highly rated at City and the feeling amongst some people was he could have replaced Pep when the time came. Zero chance of that now.

Maybe hes one of those guys who is an excellent coach but a disaster at running a club.

The fact they sacked all their staff to get Willian would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that people lost their jobs etc. Fuck them, hope they burn.

Their best solution is just use all their kids who seem better than their 'star' players anyway

See, I'm not one for sacking managers, and usually would say this is too soon, but they're regressing under Arteta. There are no positives. He's falling out with and alienating players, he's playing utterly dire football, he's sticking by shit players and ignoring other options, players look disinterested and look like they're going backwards, he doesn't look like he can organise a defence, the attack is nonexistent, he's regularly getting schooled tactically... I could go on...

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd defo want him out. He may have killed his managerial career before it's even started.

I’d give him a pay rise and a longer contract - unless he fancies doing a similar job at City.

Arteta added to that problem by signing Willian for 100k on a 3 year deal, TBF, but yes I agree he needs more time.

Numberwang missed a sitter last week, the kind of one where you'd need picking up off the floor by your mates but he just laughed and clapped the dude who'd passed to him, who gave him a thumbs up.

They just don't give a shit.

Always thought Auba was a strange choice as captain. He’s always has been a bit of a mercenary - not a huge problem when things are going well, but they really need leadership from someone among the experienced players in a situation like this and he is simply not capable of it. Now his own head is all messed up because of lack of scoring and the added responsibility to pick his teammates up from their low points. Xhaka cares, but he’s not very good and should really be out of the club or on the fringes, same goes for Bellerin. The new defender Gabriel is the only current senior player at Arsenal who strikes me as a possible captain material. I think this is probably where the basic problem lies for Arsenal - the group dynamics is wrong and it can’t be fixed with coaching.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom