• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

THE ASHES... 2009

if i was australia i'd be bringing on drinks, gloves, pads and the physio every over whilst praying for rain

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33622.msg908473#msg908473 date=1248021831]
Anyone getting a little nervous?[/quote]

If you get Clarke or Haddin, it's over (or at least it seems like it).

This is still England's test to lose but they did perhaps declare early.

All the aussies need is just over 200 tomorrow... squeaky bum time. I still don't agree with the decision to not enforce the follow on.

200 with about 98 overs to get them. It's back to a 50-50 test match.

Brilliant knocks from the two lads today. Rightly applauded off.
They've absolutely made a game out of this.
You'd be very suprised if a team 5 down could knock of 200. Stranger things have happened of course.

And i totally agree with mr.v we should have enforced the follow on when we were battering them. Strauss = lame duck.
I still think we should knock these over, but if we did lose, our 'captain' will have to ask some serious question marks about himself.
Great series so far two good teams giving it everything and some real ebb and flow.

Neither team has ideal leadership IMO. I know at least one Aussie who thinks Clarke should be their skipper in preference to Ponting, while from an England point of view Strauss doesn't convince me (not that there's exactly a queue of viable alternatives) and I had a nasty feeling he'd find some reason not to enforce the follow-on. That said, some of the Aussie dismissals shouldn't have been, so maybe justice is being served in a roundabout way.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=33622.msg907744#msg907744 date=1247868486]
Its almost like the Aussies have read this thread and are trying to make Ryan look like a cunt.
[/quote]

Ha!

Not over yet.

Pietersen up the order by the way? Behave.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33622.msg908473#msg908473 date=1248021831]
Anyone getting a little nervous?

I was wrong Haddin does look a good player.
[/quote]

Yup, yold you.

To be fair, he looked suspect on his first day or two at Lords with the gloves. Totally unable to read the ball of the slope.

I'd be surprised if he held on for much longer though. That said, it might give Mitchell Johnson the chance to show he can do something in this series, this time with the bat. He's been largely hopeless thus far, this is his chance.

One other thing:

This has been a fantastic Series thus far. It'd definitely evoking memories of 05, not for the quality on the pitch, but the fascination that each day is bringing. I'd love to see Clarke and Haddin get to lunch unscathed tomorrow - can you imagine the tension for the rest of the day?

I see the media are pilloring Strauss for declaring. That's harsh. No side would have been expected to reach 500+ as a chase. He's done the right thing, and if England don't win this match then it's as a result of not being able to bowl out Australia over 2 days, rather than any poor-decision making from the captain. It certainly isn't Adelaide-revisited.

In fact Strauss has been excellent in this Test. Better field-placements, a correct declaration, his own brilliant first innings knock, and the decision to replace Monty Panesar with Rudi Koertzen has been an inspired one. 😉

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33622.msg908727#msg908727 date=1248055673]
One other thing:

This has been a fantastic Series thus far. It'd definitely evoking memories of 05, not for the quality on the pitch, but the fascination that each day is bringing. I'd love to see Clarke and Haddin get to lunch unscathed tomorrow - can you imagine the tension for the rest of the day?

I see the media are pilloring Strauss for declaring. That's harsh. No side would have been expected to reach 500+ as a chase. He's done the right thing, and if England don't win this match then it's as a result of not being able to bowl out Australia over 2 days, rather than any poor-decision making from the captain. It certainly isn't Adelaide-revisited.

In fact Strauss has been excellent in this Test. Better field-placements, a correct declaration, his own brilliant first innings knock, and the decision to replace Monty Panesar with Rudi Koertzen has been an inspired one. 😉
[/quote]Its been great.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33622.msg908705#msg908705 date=1248049623]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=33622.msg907744#msg907744 date=1247868486]
Its almost like the Aussies have read this thread and are trying to make Ryan look like a cunt.
[/quote]

Ha!

Not over yet.

[/quote]I've changed my mind on that now. I want him dropped.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=33622.msg908794#msg908794 date=1248074613]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33622.msg908705#msg908705 date=1248049623]
[/quote]

Ha!

Not over yet.

[/quote]I've changed my mind on that now. I want him dropped.
[/quote]

I'd say you're not alone there.

I'd drop the hopelessly out-of-his-depth Ravi Bopara first.

Johnson can bat, so don't totally count him out.

The way Flintoff is bowling here though, I don't fancy the Aussies chances.

Agreed Ryan, but odds are all in Engalnd's favor.

I will say I hope the Aussies, if things like 'dire' don't pull the stunt England were at the end of the last test ...

[quote author=Anita link=topic=33622.msg908894#msg908894 date=1248087786]
Woohoo! The early wicket was all we needed.
[/quote]

That's the second wicket.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=33622.msg908892#msg908892 date=1248087684]
Bye bye Clarke!

356-7!
[/quote]

That was a magnificent ball by Swann there.

Showing balls Monty could only dream of.

Back
Top Bottom