• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The clear out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did well at Southampton. They wanted to sign him on a permanent and at that level he could well have been a regular starter IMO. I'd be OK either with keeping him as a squaddie or with selling him for the right fee.

Assuming Sadio goes, we'd have Jota, Diaz, Salah, Bobby and Taki for the front three places. We'll sign someone to replace Divock, and maybe someone else to replace Sadio. That means six or possibly seven into three places. Even with Bobby on the wane that's probably too many for the sort of squad size Klopp wants to have.

So… we’ll likely sign maybe 2 players in an around the £30-40m mark, is what I’m hearing - one a midfielder and one a forward.

Can’t see Nunez, Bowen, Tchouameni being realistic targets.

I reckon there’s a chance we don’t sign anyone.l of note.
But have to remember that Diaz was our actual summer transfer target so his free has to be taken out of any budget which usually is in the region of 20-40m so would reckon we need to sell before to buy

But have to remember that Diaz was our actual summer transfer target so his free has to be taken out of any budget which usually is in the region of 20-40m so would reckon we need to sell before to buy

I think Beamrider is factoring that in already.

It all depends on what terms we negotiate - higher fee, spread over a longer period or lower fee with more up upfront.

That, and what other teams offer and whether the player wants to join us.

It’ll be down to right players, right terms, right price.

Mini was top scorer in the competitions we won last season. Deserves to stick around in a squad role if he's happy to do so. Even more so with Origi leaving and 5 subs in play next year.

Mini was top scorer in the competitions we won last season. Deserves to stick around in a squad role if he's happy to do so. Even more so with Origi leaving and 5 subs in play next year.
Have no problem with minimno staying, is a way better player that origi who despite having scored a few important goals is still not a good player

Have no problem with minimno staying, is a way better player that origi who despite having scored a few important goals is still not a good player

Please rinse that out of your mouth. How dare you.

Even if Taki scores a million goals next season, he'll never, i repeat, NEVER, achieve cult status and adoration like Lord Divock.

Of all cults concerned, Divock has surpassed them all. And this includes Titi, Biscan, et al.

I think Beamrider is factoring that in already.

It all depends on what terms we negotiate - higher fee, spread over a longer period or lower fee with more up upfront.

That, and what other teams offer and whether the player wants to join us.

It’ll be down to right players, right terms, right price.
Yes, I did factor Diaz in. The only tweak I made in my calculations was to include a full year of his salary, and not six months as we had this year.

Please rinse that out of your mouth. How dare you.

Even if Taki scores a million goals next season, he'll never, i repeat, NEVER, achieve cult status and adoration like Lord Divock.

Of all cults concerned, Divock has surpassed them all. And this includes Titi, Biscan, et al.
Lol once he's fucked off in Milan and his cult influence has waned you will see him for poor footballer that he is. Nice guy though but cult leaders usually are to suck you in

[article]Nat Phillips concedes he could leave Liverpool this summer after helping Bournemouth to Premier League promotion.

Liverpool are believed to want £15m for the defender following his impressive displays in the Championship.

“I think we'll talk in pre-season. The season's just ended, it's summer and everyone is on a break," he told the Liverpool Echo. “There's not really been any discussions so far.

“I've switched off from football at the moment, other than watching and supporting the lads at Liverpool, so we'll see what happens and what is said. But up until now, there haven't been any conversations.

“My main aspiration is to be playing regular football at the highest level possible. That's always been the case, that's never changed. I'd like to think that would be the Premier League after my time last season with Liverpool and now with Bournemouth getting promoted.

“I feel like I'm fully capable of playing Premier League football and every player wants to play in the Premier League. That's my aspiration, to be playing regular football in the Premier League."

He added: “Liverpool have been successful this year but the League Cup win and the FA Cup win, I wouldn't have felt like I had contributed to those as much as a promotion with Bournemouth where I've played 18 games."

[/article]

You're off your chump mate. Poor footballers don't make a habit of scoring vital pressure goals.
Oh right he's that good that we couldnt get 20m for him. He has don't ok coming off the bench a few times, has deservedly earned a place in our folklore/history but annoys the fuck out of me when people but him in legendary class . That should only be for actual Liverpool Legends, players who are a cut above everyone else, have served the club with distinction. Dalglish, folwer, Gerrard, souness,Hansen , highway.... Origi ... See the difference...

You say yourself that Origi has earned a place in our history. Perhaps you'd like to explain how that would have been possible for a "poor footballer". Most of those other players you mention (with the exception of Heighway) were better than Origi, but that's got bugger all to do with what he achieved in vital pressure games.

You say yourself that Origi has earned a place in our history. Perhaps you'd like to explain how that would have been possible for a "poor footballer". Most of those other players you mention (with the exception of Heighway) were better than Origi, but that's got bugger all to do with what he achieved in vital pressure games.
Lol did you just say Origi is better than Steve highway ?
I'm not denying he has popped up with a few important goals when coming on as a late sub in a few games , has been in the right place a few times and scored and that's great but his overall contribution does tend to be rather shit . I don't want to be continually ragging the lad cos I actually like him as person from what I've seen of him but as a footballer when he comes on I do feel dread.

Surely scoring a last minute winner against Everton and a 2 against Barca that turned the tie shouldn't be enough to make him a club legend . Yeas he a great record of scoring against Everton and if the shoe was on the other foot and he played for Everton and scored a few against us he would go down in folklore , be up there with Dixie Dean but we are Liverpool and it has to take more to be a club legend for us.
Respect what he has done for us , but club legend you are having a laugh, better than Steve highway is even a bigger laugh

Oh right he's that good that we couldnt get 20m for him. He has don't ok coming off the bench a few times, has deservedly earned a place in our folklore/history but annoys the fuck out of me when people but him in legendary class . That should only be for actual Liverpool Legends, players who are a cut above everyone else, have served the club with distinction. Dalglish, folwer, Gerrard, souness,Hansen , highway.... Origi ... See the difference...

Origi served the club with distinction. Don't think you could argue against that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip
Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, would prefer to join a Premier League rival next summer if no new deal to stay at the Reds is agreed.

Senegal forward Sadio Mane, 30, wants to leave Liverpool this summer, with Bayern Munich serious contenders for his signature.

Liverpool plan to offer Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 27, a new contract. Paris St-Germain are keen on the player but the Reds hope to keep Keita beyond next summer when his current contract expires

Mo.... Agree to my demand or I sign for City
Mane... Just wants to leave as he feels Mo unfairly gets all the plaudits
Naby... Klopp happy to stick by him and Naby happy to stay

Never thought I’d say it but Gettin sick of Mo and his agent plus his goal drought ..borin the ass off me right now
just sayin…

Lol did you just say Origi is better than Steve highway ?
I'm not denying he has popped up with a few important goals when coming on as a late sub in a few games , has been in the right place a few times and scored and that's great but his overall contribution does tend to be rather shit . I don't want to be continually ragging the lad cos I actually like him as person from what I've seen of him but as a footballer when he comes on I do feel dread.

Surely scoring a last minute winner against Everton and a 2 against Barca that turned the tie shouldn't be enough to make him a club legend . Yeas he a great record of scoring against Everton and if the shoe was on the other foot and he played for Everton and scored a few against us he would go down in folklore , be up there with Dixie Dean but we are Liverpool and it has to take more to be a club legend for us.
Respect what he has done for us , but club legend you are having a laugh, better than Steve highway is even a bigger laugh

You forgot the decider in a Champions League Final. I saw Stevie Heighway live more than once - good player, right enough, but if you think he qualifies for legend status I'll have lots of whatever you've been smoking.

You forgot the decider in a Champions League Final. I saw Stevie Heighway live more than once - good player, right enough, but if you think he qualifies for legend status I'll have lots of whatever you've been smoking.
So have I, and you think origi is a better player and you say I've been smoking something funny.
Salah's pen was the deciding goal in the champ lge final, origi's goal to make it 2-0 in the last few minutes was just the insurance.
Highway played nearly 500 games for us, scored a fa Cup final winner in e/t against arsenal and also the important away goal in a 2-1 away loss in the uefa Cup semi final against spurs after winning the 1st leg 1-0. That was our way to our first European success back when the uefa cup and cup winners cups were a big deal

Goal drought? He scored against Wolves
Still fed up of hearing about his stay or go and now possible club in prem league ..sometimes it all just goes on for too long..since Afcon he’s not been quite up to speed in my opinion..the ongoing will he won’t he has become irritating at least to me …

Hush now everyone… the grandad’s are fighting.

They can just make stuff up - no-one else is old enough to remember and they’re too senile to be sure any stat they come up with is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom