• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The curious case of the RB who thought he was a CM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we can't blame Ake's run entirely on Trent...

Yes he could have done better, but it happens to the best of them. Everyone will lose a challenge or two now and then especially in an area as vast as the midfield. Our own Matip regularly glides through opposition midfields, a midfield consisting of City's Rodri included.

That goal was a team mistake. Half the team could have done better to prevent it. That is all there is to it.

Moreover, the person at fault for that goal was Alisson - it was his fault, pure and simple.

Shocked people thought he played tbh outside of the goal, which was sublime.
He did win a handful of challenges but overall Doku had him on toast and only for a combination of poor finishing from his teammates and Alison heroics the headlines would have been about him ripping us a new one.

It wouldnt, cause its not true. Doku created about 2-3 chances of various quality. Trent held his own more than enough against him and even Neville said it was pretty even. Trent, Alisson and Szobo all could have done better for the goal conceded though.

Moreover, the person at fault for that goal was Alisson - it was his fault, pure and simple.

I don't think he should take a bulk of the blame . If someone picks the ball up 30 yards from goal and there's 3 players who could make an easy tackle; I don't think I could blame Ali. He invited the pressure with the poor ball, but there was ample opportunity to stop it getting to the goal

It wouldnt, cause its not true. Doku created about 2-3 chances of various quality. Trent held his own more than enough against him and even Neville said it was pretty even. Trent, Alisson and Szobo all could have done better for the goal conceded though.

If this is what counts as being “dribbled past,” then how the HELL did VVD go all season without being dribbled past once?

Alison heroics?
According to stats he saved 2 shots from inside the box, one was directly from his own mistake and another one where Doku danced past Matip (note: not Trent for once) and managed to for once find his team mate, Haaland whom shot was saved for our break way for Trent to score.
Yes that was a game defining save. Masterful.
The save from Foden was exceptional too.

If this is what counts as being “dribbled past,” then how the HELL did VVD go all season without being dribbled past once?

To be fair, CB is always less likely to get dribbled past than FB including Robbo in this due to mainly their position. However, VVD stat is just insane in it’s own riight and he hardly ever goes to ground.

Neville is wrong and Trent didn’t hold his own. The fact Doku’s end product after skinning Trent over and over didn’t produce a goal is irreverent to the fact he had Trent on toast. Trent made a couple of great interventions early doors and one very good one towards the end where he shepherded him over the end line but overall Doku ripped him apart.

I don't think he should take a bulk of the blame . If someone picks the ball up 30 yards from goal and there's 3 players who could make an easy tackle; I don't think I could blame Ali. He invited the pressure with the poor ball, but there was ample opportunity to stop it getting to the goal
Agreed and the person who had the best opportunity to put in a tackle was Trent. He didn’t and shoulders a fair whack of the blame

Neville is wrong and Trent didn’t hold his own. The fact Doku’s end product after skinning Trent over and over didn’t produce a goal is irreverent to the fact he had Trent on toast. Trent made a couple of great interventions early doors and one very good one towards the end where he shepherded him over the end line but overall Doku ripped him apart.

I'd say the most likely explanation is a that you are wrong.

Nah - Alisson either holds on to the ball or kick it better and they don’t have a chance - Ake got the ball in plenty space with time to think about what he was doing.

2 shite attempts at tackling from Slobbers & Trent - I agree they should have done better - but they should have been in that situation.

None of it’s good - even up to the end where Alisson could have got more on what wasn’t a particularly powerful or well positioned strike.

I mean, Alisson still has plenty of credit in the bank - but he has form for the odd really big fuck up.

To get the best out of the MF you'll need 4 not including Trent. So we would need Grav, Mac, Dom and a #6 which would be Endo with Salah and Nunez/Jota up top. You can then play Mac in his favoured position. If Trent goes bombing forward, then Endo would cover the gaps left by Trent

To get the best out of the MF you'll need 4 not including Trent. So we would need Grav, Mac, Dom and a #6 which would be Endo with Salah and Nunez/Jota up top. You can then play Mac in his favoured position. If Trent goes bombing forward, then Endo would cover the gaps left by Trent

A narrow 442?

Are you Alf Ramsay?

Nah - Alisson either holds on to the ball or kick it better and they don’t have a chance - Ake got the ball in plenty space with time to think about what he was doing.

2 shite attempts at tackling from Slobbers & Trent - I agree they should have done better - but they should have been in that situation.

None of it’s good - even up to the end where Alisson could have got more on what wasn’t a particularly powerful or well positioned strike.

I mean, Alisson still has plenty of credit in the bank - but he has form for the odd really big fuck up.
Oh he absolutely does have it in him to fuck up, and city you could tell that was going to happen at some point.

Oh he absolutely does have it in him to fuck up, and city you could tell that was going to happen at some point.

Yeah - Like Real at home last year… sometimes Ali just looks like he’s decided todays the day he’s having a stinker.

Thankfully it’s only one or two games a season.

I think we got very lucky with their 2nd goal being ruled out - he was weak as piss there.

Still… even having a ‘mare he pulls a couple of cracking saves out.

So we've finally discovered that Ali is indeed human, well fuck me sideways.

We’re still waiting for confirmation of whether Darwin is human and not belonging more in the Equus asinus sub-species.

We’re still waiting for confirmation of whether Darwin is human and not belonging more in the Equus asinus sub-species.

"We're" ? Correction. *I am.

Everyone else has worked he's 1/2 world class man and 1/2 world class droid.

"We're" ? Correction. *I am.

Everyone else has worked he's 1/2 world class man and 1/2 world class droid.

His scoring needs to improve - his return in the Premier League is pretty average - if you’d care to look at it objectively for a change.

He’s on course to score under 15 league goals - which isn’t quite good enough - hopefully he’ll hit a run of form.

Alexander-Arnold’s touch zone map for his final 10 Premier League games of last season:

taa2.jpg

his map so far this season (also Premier League only):

taa3.jpg

taa.jpg

The pass map he also posted shows what I was rambling on about.

I just hope we have looked at the couple games where the opposition have played packed and narrow, and made it ok for him to wander further out there when we are utterly dominating possession. Or, if not him, then szobo, but who is going to hit a cross better than him?

I'm not reading 11 pages of cunt nonsense.

We're talking about our best player here. Our best player by a country mile.

A top player, has come through the system, can play anywhere. The best footballer the club has produced in an age.

Play the boy in centre mid. Man City have got KDB, Trent is better.

Liverpool fans are cunts. England fans are cunts. He's a grade A talent.

Build our team around him FFS.

A top player, has come through the system, can play anywhere. The best footballer the club has produced in an age.

We have… at RB.

Do we have read 11 lines of cunt nonsense instead? :D

He came on at cm last night didn't he? As we had chambers quansah Gomez and Bradley at back

Personally, I'd put him next to a proper 6, let szob play as a free roaming 10 behind a 9

Grav, Mac can bothe replay as a 10 or as that cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom