• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The false prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm intrigued to know how Carroll is worse than Keita. Both have had flashes of brilliance, frustrating injuries and a reported fractured relationship with management. Carroll replaced Torres, which is why he got much of the flack, even though we also brought in Suarez, who more than replaced Torres.

Keita similarly was going to replace what we lost with Coutinho, and has come nowhere near.

They were both awful, overpriced signings who promised much and delivered fuck all. But we've made worse signings than both, your mate Aquilani being another.
The reason why I have Carroll topping my list is based on footballing ability.
Keita can obviously play.
Aquilani could also play.
Balotelli, when arsed could also play.
But Carroll?

The reason why I have Carroll topping my list is based on footballing ability.
Keita can obviously play.
Aquilani could also play.
Balotelli, when arsed could also play.
But Carroll?

I don't know, there were times when he looked completely unplayable. The season prior to signing for us, if he wasn't cracking in 30 yard screamers he was untouchable in the air. He wasn't a donkey by any stretch, he could play, he could also go out on the lash every week and be a total thug when out on the town. Absolutely horrible cunt he was and he didn't want to come here either, which makes it worse.

I don't know, there were times when he looked completely unplayable. The season prior to signing for us, if he wasn't cracking in 30 yard screamers he was untouchable in the air. He wasn't a donkey by any stretch, he could play, he could also go out on the lash every week and be a total thug when out on the town. Absolutely horrible cunt he was and he didn't want to come here either, which makes it worse.
I admit, there were glimpses. He had a fucking sledgehammer of a left foot, but he just lacked basic ballcontrol ability which is extremely important as a striker or target player.

The best comparison I can find for what we expected from Carroll, is Crouch. I think we wanted Carroll to be a better version of Crouch. He just wasn't, at all.

The whole transfer felt forced and was the result of extremely poor scouting.
The only thing I'm happy about is that we got some of the money back.

Yes. I'm sure he is delighted to be constantly suffering injuries.
What’s that got to do with anything? Also, doesn’t that make it worse? “I’m frustrated to be taking 125k per week whilst injured. It’s stopped me settling, just like me not learning any English in the 12mth lead up to my already agreed transfer. One of the ways I’ll show how committed I am is by going out regularly and behaving VERY questionably around women. When I get fit I’ll show them how good I am jockey for a move to Spain”

What a fucking nob.

What’s that got to do with anything? Also, doesn’t that make it worse? “I’m frustrated to be taking 125k per week whilst injured. It’s stopped me settling, just like me not learning any English in the 12mth lead up to my already agreed transfer. One of the ways I’ll show how committed I am is by going out regularly and behaving VERY questionably around women. When I get fit I’ll show them how good I am jockey for a move to Spain”

What a fucking nob.
I'll go back to your first post and quote you this topic because it applies to the above too. It seems you've based your whole opinion on ... if you believe the journos.

I'll go back to your first post and quote you this topic because it applies to the above too. It seems you've based your whole opinion on ... if you believe the journos.
Oh, 100%. And we know that is a minefield of bullshit. My only defence being this is coming from guys who write for The Athletic and a relatively reputable Spanish sports paper, and also matches some noises that have been around for a little while in Liverpool about his happiness. Let’s see...

Carroll was a better signing than keita.

Keita has offered us less AND been accused of rape.

Andy Carroll I can actively remember performances from. I remember seeing keita on a teamsheet and that's it.

Carroll was a better signing than keita.

Keita has offered us less AND been accused of rape.

Andy Carroll I can actively remember performances from. I remember seeing keita on a teamsheet and that's it.

I remember Keita playing well in the world club cup, I also remember his goal against Chelsea last summer.

Considering Klopp's comments on Ox and Keita I strongly doubt either will be going anywhere this Summer.

Klopp has also been very complimentary of Matip - playing through injuries, sacrificing, will wait for him to be ready, etc. He has told Ben Davies, he has a role for him also. I don't think Phillips is also leaving based on Klopp's latest proclamation of love for him. I think a lot fewer players are going to leave than we expect. It could be a case of one or two strategic additions (Konate, Gini replacement, one more attacker) and continue evolving the squad through training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom