• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The false prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
We get £20m I'd drive him to the airport or where ever else he ends up

[article]
Klopp relationship a problem for Liverpool star ‘keen’ to quit Anfield
Sam Charlton 3 hrs ago

Like2 Comments|

Naby Keita reportedly wants to leave Liverpool in the next transfer window, with his relationship with Jurgen Klopp said to be a factor.
AAKg7yA.img
© Getty Images Sadio Mane, Naby Keita Liverpool TEAMtalk
Keita has endured another frustrating season, missing large periods of the campaign through injury. He has made just 10 Premier League appearances, and 16 in total. In fact, he hasn’t played for well over a month since being hooked during the first half of the Reds’ Champions League defeat at Real Madrid in the first leg of the quarter-finals.
Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…
It has been a continuation of what has been a stop-start career on Merseyside for him. Having arrived with great expectations from RB Leipzig in the summer of 2018, things haven’t worked out as hoped.
He has made just 76 appearances in three years, netting only seven goals in that time. Niggling muscle issues have been a regular occurrence, which have not helped in the Guinean trying to cement his place in the side.
That has led to much frustration for the player, his coaches and fans alike. And it appears the 26-year-old is now ready to call it quits and move on, according to the Metro.
Their story states that his bond with his manager Klopp has also become strained. It is claimed that the pair do not see eye to eye, which has pushed him to make the decision to push for a switch away.
That is despite Klopp recently saying “the long-term future of Naby Keita, from my point of view, is here.”
Keita looking towards Spain

Keita has already started his search for a new club, and seems to have set his eyes on Atletico Madrid. The Metro say he has already ‘offered himself’ to the La Liga table-toppers.
BB1eX6Ns.img
© Getty Images Ozan Kabak, Naby Keita, Jurgen Klopp, Fabinho
Earlier this week, it was put forward that Diego Simeone is interested in signing him and sees him as a player who could ‘reinvigorate’ his midfield. Therefore, Keita could get his wish.
However, opposing reports say that the Spaniards remain unconvinced that he is the right man for them. His fitness issues may not be a great match for Simeone’s demanding style of football.
An exit does appear to be very much on the cards though, with Crystal Palace and Leicester also linked recently.
It has also been suggested that Liverpool would likely be happy to sell should they receive a satisfactory bid.
[/article]

Hasn't worked out at all, he can go as soon as possible. Maybe Spain will suit him better.

The whole midfield needs a rethink. With Gini going, Ox and Keita hopefully going, and Milner well past his productive best the centre will be hollowed out if we don't line up the right players to come in.

Has the ability but ultimately not the physical or mental strength for English football. Best for all concerned that both parties cut their losses and he moves on.

Doc Mac is still packing up the camp site.

Up there with our worst ever signings

You don't need to drive him, he's entitled to free public transport.

That's better than what I was going to say, which was it must be hard to have to take orders from a manager who is younger than you.

Doc Mac is still packing up the camp site.

Up there with our worst ever signings
Yeah based on a performances to fee ratio.
Keita has had few good performances, one or two memorable goals, but he's never fit. Has never had a consistent run in the team.

Carroll is still our worst big money signing imo.

Keita has had few good performances, one or two memorable goals, but he's never fit. Has never had a consistent run in the team.

At least we recouped half his fee. We may never get anything for this useless prick.

Taking both fee and outcome into account, Aquilani was our worst signing IMO. We got well and truly kebabbed over that one.

I was about to say exactly the same thing!

Given that 'big money' is relative to the time, and given how truly dreadful he was, you have to consider Diouf as well.

Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 26, wants to leave Liverpool and his agent has approached Atletico Madrid to gauge the possibility of a move to the new Spanish champions. (AS - in Spanish)

Diouf, Aquilani, Carroll, Balotelli - four worst signings. They cost GH, Rafa, King Kenny, and Rodgers - all of whom I love and respect - their jobs. I know there were other factors but somehow these four signings were key points.

Considering Klopp's comments on Ox and Keita I strongly doubt either will be going anywhere this Summer.

Considering Klopp's comments on Ox and Keita I strongly doubt either will be going anywhere this Summer.
Big difference here though if you believe the journos. Keita is actively jockeying for a move.

Which is absolutely incredible given his lack of availability, mediocre performances, and allegedly rapey outlook on life. He’s been a total bust up to this point and the amount he has cost us, all in, is sickening

Big difference here though if you believe the journos. Keita is actively jockeying for a move.

Which is absolutely incredible given his lack of availability, mediocre performances, and allegedly rapey outlook on life. He’s been a total bust up to this point and the amount he has cost us, all in, is sickening
Yes. I'm sure he is delighted to be constantly suffering injuries.

AS spanish news and Metro...? Does this look like legit sources? I would take these 'news' stories with a pinch of salt. Could be that it's that time of the season where news outlets start ramping up the click bait machines?

I'm intrigued to know how Carroll is worse than Keita. Both have had flashes of brilliance, frustrating injuries and a reported fractured relationship with management. Carroll replaced Torres, which is why he got much of the flack, even though we also brought in Suarez, who more than replaced Torres.

Keita similarly was going to replace what we lost with Coutinho, and has come nowhere near.

They were both awful, overpriced signings who promised much and delivered fuck all. But we've made worse signings than both. As you said, Maro is well up there, I'd actually say he's the worst because everyone knew how much of a disruptive, lazy twat he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom