• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

The Fulham game reminded me of @ Portsmouth in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirkus_Circus

Well-Known
Played out very similarly, back and forth with LFC nicking a 3-2 win on the road.

David Nugent put Portsmouth ahead 1-0 in the 62nd.

Aurelio drew LFC level on an indirect free kick inside the 18 yard box (love those!!) after David James handled a back pass...1-1.

Then Hreidarsson put Portsmouth back in front 2-1 in the 78.

Kuyt draws LFC level AGAIN with a laser shot at the near post beating James....2-2.

Torres gets the winner with a glancing header from a Benayoun cross in the 92nd minute...3-2 Liverpool.

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidarsson, Basinas, Davis, Mullins (Kranjcar 46), Belhadj, Crouch, Nugent.

Subs Not Used: Begovic, Lauren, Mvuemba, Pamarot, Kanu, Gekas.

Booked: Hreidarsson.

Goals: Nugent 62, Hreidarsson 78.

Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Dossena (Alonso 67), Arbeloa, Mascherano, Aurelio, Babel (Torres 76), Ngog (Kuyt 56), Benayoun.

Subs Not Used: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Riera, El Zhar.

Goals: Aurelio 69, Kuyt 85, Torres 90.

Att: 20,524

Ref: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire).

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Portsmouth's Peter Crouch 6.60 (on 90 minutes).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7867113.stm

And not resting all our best players in difficult away games.

We played Everton away 3 days prior, and Chelsea just 3 days before that.

We won both those games.

We beat Portsmouth.

In the month that followed, we beat Real Madrid twice, spanked ManU at Old Trafford, and then put 5 past Aston Villa.

We played Everton away 3 days prior, and Chelsea just 3 days before that.

We won both those games.

We beat Portsmouth.

In the month that followed, we beat Real Madrid twice, spanked ManU at Old Trafford, and then put 5 past Aston Villa.

Ha... I'd like to say "owned", but that was one month in 6 years, there were plenty of other occasions when his selections really were mental.

He was great that season though, but here we are, 18 months into Rodgers reign, in a more competitive league, going for it. Who'd have thought it were possible without the Messiah, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom