• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Konate Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on Twitter saying this is done and will sign may 1st.

Lizard smokescreen ?

Gomez as RB cover if we get both Kabak and Konate?
Joe has a tendency to go all gormless and lose his man, especially when he is at full back but I would persevere with him in that position in some games to release TAA into a more forward role.

If not Joe, then another utility defender who can step in and play full back or centre back.

Joe has a tendency to go all gormless and lose his man, especially when he is at full back but I would persevere with him in that position in some games to release TAA into a more forward role to get injured a lot. Sell Joe to finance a deal for another player.

If not Joe, then another utility defender who can step in and play full back or centre back.

Yeah, I don't like Gomez at fullback either. It's CB or bust for him.

Feels like there is too much smoke for there not to be something in this. I wonder which of Matip / Gomez is going to be the loser.

Feels like there is too much smoke for there not to be something in this. I wonder which of Matip / Gomez is going to be the loser.

Matip I reckon. Unless Klopp is banking on the three of them playing 10 games each to get us through most of the season.

I sense Konate is going to play the Matip role for us.

"Play" being a poor choice of word.

I think Gomez gets sold in January if he is fit. If fit, he is worth a lot. Matip will hang on as very good cover.

It will be interesting if we hang on to Phillips or Kabak. My gut tells me that Phillips is a Newcastle/Wolves/Palace defender. But, I was really impressed by his ball playing skills against Real last week. He is really hard not to like.

The other option is Klopp has decided Konate represents a better investment than Kabak.

I can't see shifting Matip being easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom