• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Lions 2013

I doubt Northampton would have won anyway, but Hartley's actions were still unprofessional in the highest degree. There really is no helping him - good player on his day and I had hopes for him some years ago, but he's proven that he's got the brains of a rocking-horse and you can't go behaving like that in the modern game. If he *is* banned the Lions may have dodged a bullet. Watch Best nab the Test spot now. :p

Incidentally Jonathan Thomas may be coming to Worcester Warriors.

There was a lot of surprised folks when Best didn't get the call up. I like Best, although he can't run to save himself. Whenever he gets the ball in open play you can see his head twisting and turning as he frantically searches for someone to pass it to.

Good. Best will end up starting in the tests.

Rafa - O'Brien is expected to be fine for the tour.

Cheers mate.

He's 3rd choice as it stands now, so he'll be lucky to make the bench let alone a starting place. Obviously Gatland doesn't rate him as highly as some of you lot do, and at the end of the day his opinion on the player is all that counts.

British and Irish Lions team to play the Barbarians in Hong Kong on Saturday

S Hogg (Scotland); A Cuthbert (Wales), J Davies (Wales), J Roberts (Wales), S Maitland (Scotland); O Farrell (England), M Phillips (Wales); M Vunipola (England), R Hibbard (Wales), A Jones (Wales), R Gray (Scotland), P O'Connell (Ireland, capt), D Lydiate (Wales), J Tipuric (Wales), T Faletau (Wales).
Replacements: T Youngs (England), C Healy (Ireland), M Stevens (England), A W Jones (Wales), J Heaslip (Ireland), C Murray (Ireland), J Sexton (Ireland), G North (Wales).

That was a good little warm up match. Adam Jones looked like he lost about 6 stone during that match.

For bonding purposes i think the welsh lads need to take a step back and let some of the other players score.

Expect a cricket score tonight. The Force are toilet at the best of times but they're playing the U7s tonight.

Was it all him or bad organisation at the line out?

I didn't see the game yet, but O'Brien is being named as the standout performer. Will Warburton be the first tour captain on the bench for tests?

Was it all him or bad organisation at the line out?

I didn't see the game yet, but O'Brien is being named as the standout performer. Will Warburton be the first tour captain on the bench for tests?

If O'Brien is competing with Tipuric and Warburton for the 7 spot, then he'll be lucky to make the bench. As you know though he's not, it'll be him or Lydiate for the 6 shirt.

I thought O'brien and Heaslip were very good
O'Driscoll and Tuilagi might be a good little partnership brewing. I would give this partnership a go in the test, maybe not the firs test.
Vunipola did very well when he came on
Sexton very composed, it was interesting that the first thing Farrell did was to run through the defence for a try...Sexton making him expand his game?
Halfpenny and North are nailed on starters - quality them 2.
Connor Murray - I like him, I think he will be on the bench behind Phillips.

First big blow then................. Healy looks like he's done with ankle ligament damage (Top class replacement called up in Corbeserio). Healy also cited for biting!

Heaslip, Sexton, Bowe, Vunipola, O'Brien, Tuilagi and North all looked to have had solid games from what i saw last night.

First big blow then................. Healy looks like he's done with ankle ligament damage (Top class replacement called up in Corbeserio). Healy also cited for biting!

Heaslip, Sexton, Bowe, Vunipola, O'Brien, Tuilagi and North all looked to have had solid games from what i saw last night.

O'Driscoll?

Corbisiero is an excellent player and should do well, but Healy's a big loss and will be especially so to Ireland in next season's Six Nations if he's still out by then. The fact that it's been some time since such things could be said about an Ireland prop underlines what a miss he's going to be.

I don't think he will get banned, from all the TV footage I saw he didn't bite him. It was more a case of there scrum half pushing his forearm into Healy and their scrum half also came out and said he wasn't sure it was a deliberate act.

Corbisiero is an excellent player and should do well, but Healy's a big loss and will be especially so to Ireland in next season's Six Nations if he's still out by then. The fact that it's been some time since such things could be said about an Ireland prop underlines what a miss he's going to be.

If he hadn't been out for so long with an injury i would have thought he'd of been a dead cert for this tour. I'd be happy enough if he made the test side. We're lucky that we've got a number of quality props on this tour so we can handle the odd injury in this area.

I'd have Healy before every one of the others, but the I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried about any of the others playing.

Sheahan forearms Healy and claims he got bitten during it.

unfortunately for all the people wondering what David Cameron thinks, you'll have to wait until a rugby player actually bites someone. Or else be a bit less fucking precious.

There are some really interesting decisions for the selectors to make with regard test spots, the vast majority of those who have started have made major statement for inclusion.

It will be interesting to see who gets the nod...

There isn't really enough games for players to really make a case for inclusion.

So I'd say the predetermined team they had in mind will most likely start the first test.

Gethin has failed to recover from a calf injury and is pulled from todays game, Grant called up as cover.

He's coming home mate. Must be some calf strain. Vunipola's being called up (Grant is Healy's replacement).

Back
Top Bottom