• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The PL Run-In : and how the CL, EL and FAC may affect the race.

Yeah I don't know how to react to that. I mean the best result for us would be a draw. Doesn't that injury help Arsenal?
Or do we want Arsenal to win?
I dunno...the way they've been playing, I think if they win at City it actually gives them a pretty decent chance of going on and winning the title. I think it galvanises them and gives them the belief.

As much as City are a machine and I want them to drop as many points as possible, I think draw is probably the best result for us

Nah, an arse win at the Emirates isn’t gonna happen but it would be best for us

It’ll probably positively help us win the league, but I’ve spent most of this season rueing the fact that we’re not in the Champions league this year.

We’re the best European cup team around and in brutal mentality monster form.. we’d have won the CL this year.

Genuinely hadnt realized there was a Champions League this year. How shit it must be.

First time City are no longer odds-on to win it. They are now out to 6/5. Still the favourites but no longer strongly odds on (I think they were 1/6 at one time). We are 9/4 and Arsenal 5/2.

OPTA Title Predictor :

City : 45.9 %
Liverpool : 35.3 %
Arsenal : 18.8 %

Last season - with 10 games to go :

Arsenal dropped 12 pts
City dropped 4 pts
Liverpool dropped 3 pts

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know how to react to that. I mean the best result for us would be a draw. Doesn't that injury help Arsenal?
Or do we want Arsenal to win?

Well technically the title isn't in our hands until Arsenal drop points, however being realistic we're very unlikely to win all ten anyway, so we really need City to drop all the points they can and Arsenal is their toughest game by far.

One aspect I've not heard discussed is that we're much more likely to drop points by drawing games than losing them. I think it's very likely we either drop 2 or 4 more points. So vis a vis City, and assuming our GD holds, then a 4 point lead would almost certainly be enough to finish ahead of them. And an Arsenal win at City gives us that. Then we'd be reliant on Arsenal fucking at least 2 more times, probably including a loss...

Yeah, I'm thinking aloud here. We probably need to drop 2 points max. In which case an Arsenal draw at City is ideal.

I think this Arsenal team are a different side from last season. The addition of Rice has made them so much better. On the other side of the coin, despite all that experience and quality, City aren't quite as unbeatable as in past seasons. I think they're both a big threat. I can see Arsenal beating City regardless of what we want.

I think this Arsenal team are a different side from last season. The addition of Rice has made them so much better. On the other side of the coin, despite all that experience and quality, City aren't quite as unbeatable as in past seasons. I think they're both a big threat. I can see Arsenal beating City regardless of what we want.

I agree re: Rice, and he’s already scored important goals for them in top of improving their midfield.

I think Arsenal dropping points is best for us to ensure a clear lead (assuming we beat Brighton) then we can take it properly game by game.

If we get a clear lead after this next round of PL games i think think we’ll give it up until trophy is in hand.

Current odds as of yesterday (consider City were like 4 or 5 to 1 ON at one time) :

Screenshot-2024-03-21-at-13-33-18.png

I think Arsenal beating us recently gave them a huge shot of belief and momentum into a run of games against fodder.

There’s no way City lose at home to Arsenal.. and once Arsenal’s recent spell is broken they’ll return to the brittle side they are…and you can add the strain of a champions league run into that.

It’s very much between us and City.

Why is Arsenal so heavily underrated on this site?

I think they'll beat City.

They are a side that's peaking and gagging for the title.

Why is Arsenal so heavily underrated on this site?

I think they'll beat City.

They are a side that's peaking and gagging for the title.
By far the toughest run-in and that's without the CL thrown into the mix. Smallest squad in terms of quality players, highly dependant on players staying fit.

The remaining matches. City maybe the easiest, Arsenal's looks much tougher (take away Luton and Everton and every game looks like it has the potential to drop points - esp. with the CL games coming up).

Screenshot-2024-04-01-at-13-00-04.png

OPTA odds. Arsenal's are that low because of the difficulty of their remaining matches. Surprised City are so far behind us now as I doubt OPTA take CL matches into account - but if City and Arsenal meet in the CL semis that could be hugely beneficial for us :

Screenshot-2024-04-01-at-13-04-37.png

City's games look far easier than ours on paper. I'd say 5 of ours are at least potential banana skins (Utd A, Everton A, West Ham A, Spurs H and Villa A) whereas only 2 of theirs are (Brighton A and Spurs A).

It's still really finely balanced. I agree that the CL games could be a crucial factor.

Two CL matches between Arsenal and City would be huge for us.

Its also two matches that shouldnt be allowed to be shown on TV seeing as people will fall asleep all over the place.

xG also makes us a slight favourites :

Liverpool 42%
City 31%
Arsenal 27%

Odds (first time City are not favourites) :

Liverpool 6/5
City 2/1
Arsenal 5/2

Predicted Premier League final table - Neilsen's Gracenote :

Liverpool 48%
City 30%
Arsenal 22%

Last edited:
The remaining matches. City maybe the easiest, Arsenal's looks much tougher (take away Luton and Everton and every game looks like it has the potential to drop points - esp. with the CL games coming up).

Screenshot-2024-04-01-at-13-00-04.png
City’s second toughest remaining game is Weds. we could really do with sublime Villa turning up vs dogshit Villa which has come out a few times.

Two CL matches between Arsenal and City would be huge for us.

Its also two matches that shouldnt be allowed to be shown on TV seeing as people will fall asleep all over the place.
Their CL games would be a whole other ball game I think.

Why Spurs and Villa are going to be key to the title race, games to come :

Villa : City (A), Liverpool (H), Arsenal (A).
Spurs : Liverpool (A), City (H), Arsenal (H).

I could add in Brighton :

Brighton : Liverpool (1-2), City (H), Arsenal (H).

Screenshot-2024-04-02-at-14-09-59.png

If we get past Atalanta in the EL we will play 5 away games in a row. That’ll make our break our challenge.

If we get past Atalanta in the EL we will play 5 away games in a row. That’ll make our break our challenge.
Not ideal, maybe we'll be able to get 1 of those away games rearranged but sometimes this is the price you have to pay for success.

We have a few more Bournemouth/Brentford beatings in us to dish out on the likes of Fulham and Everton.

Well one of those games is technically a home game, if we're talking about travel.
And hopefully, we have Trent, Ali, Jones, Jota and maybe Bajcetic for that run.

Back
Top Bottom