• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The who should we sign in January thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a digital interview with Haaland over here, where he was participating in a Q & A.
One of our alpine skiing superstars, who happens to be a Liverpool fan, sent in this cheeky question.
«Great that you’ve chosen to play for Liverpool from 2021, why did you choose that club in particular?»

Haaland laughed and said no comment.

So - anyone out there think that we will seriously sign a defender in January ? - because I think it is essential now.

And it didn’t happen again. Happening once a game isn’t an issue if our bell ends upfront score when they should.

When Calum Wilson ghosted pasted Phillips like a prime era Theirry Henry today you didnt think to yourself 'oh shit this lad turns like a cruise ship we cant have him starting'
Only once or twice and even when we started feeding the ball to his teammates with our sloppy passing.

The problem in this and previous draws is our timid midfield and wasteful forwards. For long spells, our attacking was characterised by laborious, slow passing in midfield, poor touch and control among the forwards. They also kept making the wrong decisions or couldn’t pass to a teammate when under pressure.

The difference was when Alcantara came on— suddenly we started getting the ball in more dangerous areas and to teamsters and, more importantly, before Newcastle had collectively regained its defensive shape.

Last edited:
Why is it that Mane's and Mo's passing is so atrocious? Lethal touch, and usually Lethal in front of goal, the success rate of any pass of any difficulty is appalling...

Why is it that Mane's and Mo's passing is so atrocious? Lethal touch, and usually Lethal in front of goal, the success rate of any pass of any difficulty is appalling...
They are passing in the most congested area of the pitch usually though.

Duncan 'Throw enough shit something will stick' Castles

'Liverpool have opened talks with Sven Botmans agent - bid expected of less than €20m'

Duncan 'Throw enough shit something will stick' Castles

'Liverpool have opened talks with Sven Botmans agent - bid expected of less than €20m'
How can he know any stories for us when he's living inside Jose's rectum

They're both experts of what I call the "Trezeguet pass".

A pass which means your teammate can't shoot and has to invariably pass it back to you.

I think they've only directly combined for 1 goal all season (Atlanta away). It's a very poor stat.

I predict we pull a Houllier and sign two centre backs

I would like to think that if we can get two giants with a bit of pace for 35M in this market - we would be able to do it. Based on this season - Matip is like a reserve-reserve-reserve defender in terms of availability - like 2 games every 3 months before he breaks down. The good thing is - he does not need games to get into a stride - his level when back from injury is the same as when he leaves before getting injured (which is usually very high). We actually don't know how fit VVD will be when he returns - will he even be the same player and what about Gomez ? - he is another Matip in the making probably - or is he one already ?

Heads will fall off on here big time if we don't buy a top centre half and lose the title by a couple of points.

I would like to think that if we can get two giants with a bit of pace for 35M in this market - we would be able to do it. Based on this season - Matip is like a reserve-reserve-reserve defender in terms of availability - like 2 games every 3 months before he breaks down. The good thing is - he does not need games to get into a stride - his level when back from injury is the same as when he leaves before getting injured (which is usually very high). We actually don't know how fit VVD will be when he returns - will he even be the same player and what about Gomez ? - he is another Matip in the making probably - or is he one already ?

I agree, I do actually think we need two for those reasons. If a lot of clubs are tight financially and it supposedly takes a long time to learn our system then maybe now's the time to address the position fully.

I agree, I do actually think we need two for those reasons. If a lot of clubs are tight financially and it supposedly takes a long time to learn our system then maybe now's the time to address the position fully.

You know what - you could be right, I would not be surprised if we went for two - so far rumours seem to be in the way of:

Glieson Bremer of Torino - the quiet news item apparently; and of course the new Dutch guy at Lille - it will be interesting - just cannot see us signing anyone experienced. That guy Bremer can cover for TAA position I think if required.

Alaba

Can play centerback - an emergency, cover is needed right now
Can play midfield - can sort our Gini problem if it pans out that he leaves
Can play left back - much preferable to Tsimikas if Robertson ever gets crocked
Serial winner - tactically and positionally extremely adaptable

So we can offer him a place in a great winning team, amd he'll definitely play somewhere whatever the circumstances are

Only reason not to - potential wage demands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom