• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The who should we sign in January thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alaba

Can play centerback - an emergency, cover is needed right now
Can play midfield - can sort our Gini problem if it pans out that he leaves
Can play left back - much preferable to Tsimikas if Robertson ever gets crocked
Serial winner - tactically and positionally extremely adaptable

So we can offer him a place in a great winning team, amd he'll definitely play somewhere whatever the circumstances are

Only reason not to - potential wage demands
Latest from Spain...

Real Madrid have offered a 4 year contract of £8.9m a year (£171k a week).

Only Madrid are in the running.. the mighty Real who no one can compete with financially. No one. All hail Real Madrid.

Latest from Spain...

Real Madrid have offered a 4 year contract of £8.9m a year (£171k a week).

Only Madrid are in the running.. the mighty Real who no one can compete with financially. No one. All hail Real Madrid.

He will end up there imo.
We won't be involved - age, wages etc
This isn't like Thiago - who's on a different level.

He will end up there imo.
We won't be involved - age, wages etc
This isn't like Thiago - who's on a different level.
But that’s less than the [reported] £200,000 which Bayern was offering him. I assume money isn’t the object, then.

That would be niiiiiiiice

How the fuck have the scuppered it that quick?

Arteta doesn't have much patience for kids who don't tow the line - rightly or wrongly.
Guendozi was an arrogant prick - talented, but arrogant. He seemingly has binned his career there.
Saliba commented on that on IG, and I'm guessing Arteta is open to cutting this relationship too considering his preferred partnership of Holding & Gabriel.
Fofana at Leicester wasn't rated as highly as Saliba. Reports I read said he was thought of as highly as Varane was before he made the jump to Real.
I think 29 million bid gets him - Arsenal then don't lose anything on their investment - and we have our CB of the future now.

[We also seem to be regularly around Arsenal's youngsters - linked to Saka, linked to Bolagun etc ...]

But that’s less than the [reported] £200,000 which Bayern was offering him. I assume money isn’t the object, then.

I think he wants a new challenge - but he's not going to take a massive drop which is what it would take to play with us.

Arteta doesn't have much patience for kids who don't tow the line - rightly or wrongly.
Guendozi was an arrogant prick - talented, but arrogant. He seemingly has binned his career there.
Saliba commented on that on IG, and I'm guessing Arteta is open to cutting this relationship too considering his preferred partnership of Holding & Gabriel.
Fofana at Leicester wasn't rated as highly as Saliba. Reports I read said he was thought of as highly as Varane was before he made the jump to Real.
I think 29 million bid gets him - Arsenal then don't lose anything on their investment - and we have our CB of the future now.

[We also seem to be regularly around Arsenal's youngsters - linked to Saka, linked to Bolagun etc ...]
Just read that Saliba is on £160k a week... at 19.

Is he really that good? I've never seen him play.

No chance at 160k ... no way
I think it's this article @The Nomad is referring to
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lary-cut-seal-Arsenal-exit-Saint-Etienne.html

[article]
according to French news outlet Canal Plus, Saliba is open to moving down to a £90,000-a-month salary in order to seal a move to former club Saint-Etienne.

Saliba, who is believed to earn around £160,000-a-month in his current Arsenal contract, came through the Saint-Etienne youth ranks and made his first-team debut in September 2018.
[/article]

I think it's this article @The Nomad is referring to
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lary-cut-seal-Arsenal-exit-Saint-Etienne.html

[article]
according to French news outlet Canal Plus, Saliba is open to moving down to a £90,000-a-month salary in order to seal a move to former club Saint-Etienne.

Saliba, who is believed to earn around £160,000-a-month in his current Arsenal contract, came through the Saint-Etienne youth ranks and made his first-team debut in September 2018.
[/article]

So 40k/week

Sign!

Inter actually have some money, so of all the clubs in Italy that would be the one.
Maybe we can swap Origi for Skriniar.

We need a CB. Come ooonnnnnnn
Yes we do, I personally think if we lose or draw against Southampton our title is gone. Dont think city will now lose a game. If we were serious about holding onto the title we sould have been trying to get a defender before the transfer window to sort out a deal and have a press release at 2AM on 2nd Jan, you know the type of news delivered when we signed Fab after the CL loss and Oncy started having an on line wank at the news. I just hope after the southampton game we get news like that, play the new guy against Villa on Friday, to prep him for the united game.

Sorry but I am not buying that. {No disrespect meant to the @King Binny )
We have had months to realise that we have one fit, full time, first team centre half for the rest of the season.
Why would be be waiting for another couple of weeks to decide whether we are going to buy a new one while the need has been obvious and apparent for ages.
I reckon we ain't buying anyone in January

We have had months to realise that we have one fit, full time, first team centre half for the rest of the season.
Why would be be waiting for another couple of weeks to decide whether we are going to buy a new one while the need has been obvious and apparent for ages.

Thus making our ability to win the league based on Fabinho's health ... Quite a risk.

@the count - honestly you think we are not signing anyone ? Agree totally with what you say, and like @LeTallecWiz - we cannot surely gonna rely on Fab, plus unfit dodgy health Matip ? we will at some stage get a good spanking or get knocked out of CL early. I even think if we dont, it will catch up with us to the point where CL qualification is on the line. If we get to the point where we get knocked out of CL and there is little hope of winning the title then I can see some players not putting in 100%.

Thus making our ability to win the league based on Fabinho's health ... Quite a risk.
I am not endorsing the idea mate.
But the supposition that despite having months to weigh up the needs for a central defender we now need an extra couple of weeks to make up our mind seems hugely implausible.
Unfortunately, the most plausible explanation for the lack of credible transfer links to a centre half, is that we are not planning on signing one in January

But the supposition that despite having months to weigh up the needs for a central defender we now need an extra couple of weeks to make up our mind seems hugely implausible.
Unfortunately, the most plausible explanation for the lack of credible transfer links to a centre half, is that we are not planning on signing one in January
Regardleas of what happens tomorrow , we are fucked. I would also urge caution as viewing the spurs result as evidence we can manage, that was a game where the opposition were playing the waiting game without really consistently testing the back line. Cannot see that working against the likes of United, City, Chelsea and others that dont hold back.

When we signed Fabinho, it came out of nowhere.
We can only hope we have something in play here.
We really cannot afford to 'miss' on challenging of the league with this team - they have max 2 years to go ...

@moron I understand there are reasons for concern but really. We are fucking CHAMPIONS AND TOP OF THE FUCKING LEAGUE. Klopps a genius. Grow some will ya?

When we signed Fabinho, it came out of nowhere.
We can only hope we have something in play here.
We really cannot afford to 'miss' on challenging of the league with this team - they have max 2 years to go ...
That to me sound more like hopecasting rather than forecasting what is going to happen in the January transfer window,
I hope you're right and I am wrong

I wonder what the clubs economic situation is now.

It is clear as day we need a center back though.

Maybe we have to ship some deadwood first, like with Jota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom