• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago is dead (as player)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

View: https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1809951959073345611

I know we all have lingering frustrations at his injuries, particularly missing the whole of last season and clearly the club erred in replacing Wijnaldum with an injury-prone player - but neither of these things were in his control. As a player, he will remain one of the absolute best midfielders I’ve ever seen play for us, he became a role model and mentor for several of our young players and his attitude towards the club and the fans has been top-notch throughout.

I expect Thiago to get his coaching badges pretty soon and he should always be welcome at LFC, which happened to be his last club. YNWA Thiago, let’s remember the good times.

Give it a rest, he had injuries before Klopp. I bet you will be the first person begging for Slot to be sacked in 2 months if were 10th and replaced with Klopp.
Mate my starting position is sack the manager. So already I am head of the game.

As for giving it a rest...NO....many of the injuries and drop off in seasons was due to the way Klopp used our midfielders to the point they could not even move. Thats on his tactics, not refreshing when he should have and in Thiago's case ... using him to do things knowing his injury record.

Mate my starting position is sack the manager. So already I am head of the game.

As for giving it a rest...NO....many of the injuries and drop off in seasons was due to the way Klopp used our midfielders to the point they could not even move. Thats on his tactics, not refreshing when he should have and in Thiago's case ... using him to do things knowing his injury record.
Have you seen Thiago's injury record pre Klopp?

Have you seen Thiago's injury record pre Klopp?
I knew it was bad, and the fact that we bought him and then never replaced Gini after he left , suggests the stupidity of Klopp and club on an arrogant level. By making him run like crazy knowing how fragile he was ....there was only gonna be one outcome.

I knew it was bad, and the fact that we bought him and then never replaced Gini after he left , suggests the stupidity of Klopp and club on an arrogant level. By making him run like crazy knowing how fragile he was ....there was only gonna be one outcome.
He wasn't ever fit enough to run, it's pretty poor shout to blame this on Klopp.
Thiago before he joined us had injury issues, I can't disagree more with you.

He wasn't ever fit enough to run, it's pretty poor shout to blame this on Klopp.
Thiago before he joined us had injury issues, I can't disagree more with you.
Of course you blame it on Klopp !!! Who else was his manager ? Look, there are so many on here that are up Klopps arse so badly they think he is faultless. There are many times where he has completely screwed up and managing Thiago was one of them.

Of course you blame it on Klopp !!! Who else was his manager ? Look, there are so many on here that are up Klopps arse so badly they think he is faultless. There are many times where he has completely screwed up and managing Thiago was one of them.
Are you getting this? So Thiago came over PRE-Klopp with injuries at 29, you seem to be missing the fundamentals here. Anyway, can you really have a go at Thiago and Klopp at injuries when we know the biggest injured midfielder in last 5yrs is probably your mate CJ?

Great player, and can't fault his attitude. But spending money and wages on someone with a history of injury issues, to a more physical league, and particularly to a manager, whose physical demands are more than usual, is not our smartest decision.

But if we had two results go our way (the last game of the PL and the CL final) in the season we challenged for quad, Thiago would have been crowned an inspired signing.

There is an idea of a Thiago Alcantara, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: Thiago simply is not there.

Are you getting this? So Thiago came over PRE-Klopp with injuries at 29, you seem to be missing the fundamentals here. Anyway, can you really have a go at Thiago and Klopp at injuries when we know the biggest injured midfielder in last 5yrs is probably your mate CJ?
CJ' injuries ? they have been freak injuries. But that will change now not just for CJ but Szob as well, Slot will use players especially midfielders correctly.

CJ' injuries ? they have been freak injuries. But that will change now not just for CJ but Szob as well, Slot will use players especially midfielders correctly.
He must have been the freakiest unlickest player if that is the case, his injuries are no longer freakier in luck than Thiago, you should compare their list.

He must have been the freakiest unlickest player if that is the case, his injuries are no longer freakier in luck than Thiago, you should compare their list.
Nothing to compare, Klopp never liked CJ enough, Slot will immediately realize CJ is his best midfielder, and he will get more games like should have always done under Klopp.

There is an idea of a Thiago Alcantara, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: Thiago simply is not there.

I’d rather have Thiago on the books than Ket Wig. If I had my way neither would be. One down. One to go.

We were looking to add more variety in midfield without an oil-rich state's resources to finance it. In those circs Thiago's quality made his signing a reasonable risk to take and, as peekay rightly points out, it nearly paid off. No complaints from me.

If I could have the ability of one player it would be one of; Alonso, Thiago, Pirlo and maybe even that ginger knob Scholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom