• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
;)
thiago-alcantara-of-muenchen-in-action-during-the-dfb-cup-semifinal-picture-id1248797133

Nice hair cut

It's got to be unlikely , but not because this isn't a "typical FSG signing".

Strategy changes with context, we're now Champions , so if you're ever going to add an experienced player like this it's right about now when we have a small window within which we could rack up another title or two

I just don't think we've got any money to spend, and if we did, I doubt we'd be willing to spend it on a 29 year old, injury prone midfielder - the one position where we're quite well stocked.

I just don't think we've got any money to spend, and if we did, I doubt we'd be willing to spend it on a 29 year old, injury prone midfielder - the one position where we're quite well stocked.
Remember what Klopp said a couple of years ago.

Just because it's not a position of need. Doesnt mean we won't add to that position if the right player comes along.

I'm not convinced myself, but not because of the position.

He’s excellent, highly adaptable, at the peak of his powers, is reportedly super keen to move to Anfield and has only one year left on his contract.

I’m all for it.

Just a gut feeling but is the hold up is due to the corona situation where it's almost impossible to host a friendly with Bayern Munich to unveil Thiago signing at halftime?

Injury prone? Just googled him and he's played 42, 41, 32, 42, 36 games over the last 5 seasons? That's not bad.

Though Klopp hasn't been 100% on his transfers, by and large, he gets it right. If we sign Ali, and as a result we win CL or the League, we will all forget about the £25m-£30m transfer fee.

None of us are transfer experts, how many of us thought Carroll, Balotelli and Downing were good exciting signings?

I agree with some of the sentiments in here that we need to balance our strategy of buying players we feel havent reached their potential (Mane, Gini, Robbo etc) with those we feel would help us cement a legacy with another title or two in the next 3-4 years. Thiago looks like he could be in that list. I generally think a wide forward and full back is the main place we need bolstering, but I would love to see a player of Thiago's calibre come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom