• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who fails to see that Lallana was a good player should rightfully be outed as an idiot. There's a reason Klopp kept him so long. A few years back him, Coutinho and Firmino were great together.

Was his time here a complete success? He wasn't fit enough to put consistent runs together in the team, but he always came in and played a part and at times didn't look out of place among the more fashionable Brazilians etc. He stepped into the DM role against Everton back in December, after time on the sidelines and was one of the best players on the park. Such was his willingness to adapt and such were his qualities in making that possible.

He's a good lad, I always liked him, he could play and was very much different from your standard stereotypical English midfielders. I'm sorry to see him go but the time is right for him and us.

Oh no, you're a conor mcgregor fan aswell, fuck me do I attract them. Shoulda known straight away as it was Lallana and your white knight outfit came out, and his Nivea adverts and handsome boyish charm and all that, shoulda backed straight off. My apologies.

Shut up Mors.

Anyone who fails to see that Lallana was a good player should rightfully be outed as an idiot. There's a reason Klopp kept him so long. A few years back him, Coutinho and Firmino were great together.

I assume some people always want to have someone to slag off, and he's an easy target I guess.

He's something of an unnecessary target though. Sure, he hasn't played a lot in the last few years but he's been decent back up, as far as I know he hasn't moaned, or refused moves or done any other cunty things. When he has played he hasn't let anyone down.

I don't think anyone is arguing that he should be first choice or even that he should stay. It's time for him to go but as I say, the ill-will is unnecessary.

Offal/Echo etc.

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that Thiago Alcantara has told the club he wants to leave this summer.
Reports in recent weeks have claimed Thiago wants to leave Germany this summer with Liverpool his preferred destination.
There was even a suggestion the Reds had already agreed personal terms with the 29-year-old, who has now entered the final 12 months of his contract at Bayern.

And Rummenigge has now confirmed that the Spanish star has made Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic aware of his desire to undertake a new challenge this summer ... Thiago informed Hasan that he would like to do something new. We have to accept that.

Offal/Echo etc.

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that Thiago Alcantara has told the club he wants to leave this summer.
Reports in recent weeks have claimed Thiago wants to leave Germany this summer with Liverpool his preferred destination.
There was even a suggestion the Reds had already agreed personal terms with the 29-year-old, who has now entered the final 12 months of his contract at Bayern.

And Rummenigge has now confirmed that the Spanish star has made Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic aware of his desire to undertake a new challenge this summer ... Thiago informed Hasan that he would like to do something new. We have to accept that.
The next part of the original article was along the lines of -

"He has a contract for another 12 months, we won't allow him to leave below our valuation.

(Off the record is €40m. Nudge nudge.. report that but don't quote me you journo bastard)"

The next part of the original article was along the lines of -

"He has a contract for another 12 months, we won't allow him to leave below our valuation.

(Off the record is €40m. Nudge nudge.. report that but don't quote me you journo bastard)"
Might be getting our quotes mixed up. That €40m is old hat and has supposedly been reduced to €30m. Who knows though.

Might be getting our quotes mixed up. That €40m is old hat and has supposedly been reduced to €30m. Who knows though.
“Actually, the conversations [sporting director] Hasan [Salihamidzic] had with him were always very productive. And at some point it actually seemed that [a deal would be reached]. But then Thiago informed Hasan that he would like to do something new again, and so it is,” Rummenigge told Sky Sport Germany, translated by Yahoo.

“We will have to accept that. We have a contract that is still valid for one year and if he agrees with any club and that club should pay a transfer of a certain amount.

“I don’t want to make any public comment about the amount that we have in mind. Then we will deal with it, but we will not, as I have already said, hold a summer sale.

“I’m not angry at all, I like him. I think he’s a great footballer, a fine footballer and he’s a good character too. And one shouldn’t forget either: At 29, he is at an age where, if he wants to do something new, he has to do it now because if you are in your 30s, it will be more difficult to make transfers.”

He will definitely be off this summer, if he wont sign a new contract Bayern are going to cash in. For the sort of fee being talked about I think its an option weve got to explore. If he wants £300k a week it aint happening obviously and he will end up at Juve with every other midfielder in Europe.

Another one that looks to be slipping away, unless it’s because Bayern are still in the champions league that there’s no noise from us.

I'd be amazed if a club still in the CL would agree a move for one of their key players before they'd played their games.

I misunderstood, I was thinking of Liverpool sales (since we apparently need to sell in order to buy).

The likes of Gruijc and Wilson should probably leave quite early in the window, if there is interest
Ideally. But if you were a club looking at either one you’d be coming in with a pretty low offer given our seeming financial predicament.

Not sure the transfer fees are going to be anywhere near what people have been saying (there was debate on here not too long ago about whether 20-25m for Lovren was too low ffs).

I doubt any sane person would expect that amount for him. I’d be surprised if we bagged more than £20 million for both Wilson and Gruijc.

I doubt any sane person would expect that amount for him. I’d be surprised if we bagged more than £20 million for both Wilson and Gruijc.

I think the current climate has absolutely fucked our ability to rinse clubs for our outbound players, nobody will be spending £20m on a youngster like Wilson, when a year ago that would have been realistic.

I think the current climate has absolutely fucked our ability to rinse clubs for our outbound players, nobody will be spending £20m on a youngster like Wilson, when a year ago that would have been realistic.
Somehow that's good. The transfermarket has been crazy for the last few years and honestly Wilson is not worth £20 mill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom